trying to send email getting error Could not access 'CDO.Message'

Im trying to send a newsletter and I have done this before but this is the first time I have come across this error: Could not access 'CDO.Message'   Does anyone have any suggestions in how I could fix this.
0
etg1103

there's a dedicated site for emailing from .NET: http://www.systemwebmail.com/. There's also a FAQ over there where questions like these are answered.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Error when I try to send an email
I've got some very basic code to send an email and I'm getting an error that's rather odd. To my understanding, CDO is the base data object in the SmtpMail class. So does this mean it's unsuccessfully accessing the MailMessage object I'm passing in? Does this mean that I don't have SMTP on my box ('cause I don't) but the Smtp object is pointing to a vaild mail server. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. string strBody = ""; MailMessage BidRequest = new MailMessage(); //System.Web.HttpCookie formData = new System.Web.HttpCookie("Request_Bid...

Could not access 'CDO.Message' object
Does any one know why I get the error :"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object." and how can I resolve it! The error is raised on the line "SmtpMail.Send(mail);" in the following code.... I suspect it is a security issue or permission issue with my IIS web server. try { MailMessage mail = new MailMessage(); mail.To = tabManageReviews_txtEmailText.Text; mail.From = "cjmarek@earthlink.net mail.Subject = tabManageReviews_cmboEmail.Text; mail...

Random error while sending email "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object"
Hi, The environment is Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4. MS Exchange 2000.  I am maintaining an existing ASP.NET 1.1 web application that sends emails using the MailMessage and the SMTPMail classes. Exchange has been setup for relaying, authentication, and port. The only thing i am setting on the SMTPMail class is SmtpServer property to which I have tried using the server name and the I.P.Problem is real strange, it most cases, I would say 95% of the time, there are no errors with the sending of emails, however on rare occasions like once a couple of months an error will occur. The...

Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. when trying to send a test email from host settings
After setting the correct info in the setting I keep getting this error  Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. Any clues?DNN 3.1.1...

"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" while trying to send HTML message.
well, this bit of code worked great until recently.  I have not seen any issues on my web server, but this is definately an issue on my XP Pro (sp2) box with ISS Virtual SMTP server installed.  The box is fully patched. My problem is that i am unable to send an HTML email.  If i change BodyFormat to "MailFormat.Text" it will work fine.  Here's the exception: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices....

Why get I 'Acces denided' message from powersoft.public.jaguar.cts when I try to send a message?
A really general question: Why get I 'Acces denided' message from powersoft.public.jaguar.cts when I try to send a message? Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Asynchronous problem', Account: 'forums.sybase.com', Server: 'forums.sybase.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (502) Article Rejected -- Access Denied.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 thanks, Lenus Use the newsgroup news://powersoft.public.easerver instead. HTH ------- Met vriendelijke groet - ...

Sending email: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object
Hi all,     I've been programming using .NET for couple of months, and I'm developing an application that needs to send emails. I'm getting the following error: Impossible to send the email: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040213): The transport failed to connect to the server. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, ...

Email error
 Hi, We recently installed PowerMTA mail server. When I try to send email to any one within our company,@ourcompany.com, it works. But if I try to send any test email from the .Net application to my yahoo or hotmail account, I get this 'Could not access 'CDO.Message' object' error message. Any ideas? THanks.  It sounds like you need to configure your mail server to allow you to send e-mail outside of your domain. Generally this error is thrown when there is a relay, or access issue. I am not familiar with your mail server, so I cannot help you there. You...

There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com
hi, when users submit new tickets, they receive the this error: There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com Traceback: at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 190 Bugzilla::Mailer::MessageToMTA(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 370 Bugzilla::BugMail::sendMail(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 272 Bugzilla::BugMail::Send(...) called at /srv/www/htdocs/bugzilla/post_bug.cgi line 226 We are running bugzilla version 4.2.1 on Linux using smtp settings with authenticated user ...

I'm getting the access denied error in an iframe and have read stuff and i still can't get it to work! PLEASE HELP ME
 so i went and downloaded the new ajax toolkit 10920 from codeplex. I was still getting the error so i found this i've just read http://blogs.msdn.com/delay/archive/2007/02/05/safely-avoiding-the-access-denied-dialog-how-to-work-around-the-access-denied-cross-domain-iframe-issue-in-the-ajax-control-toolkit.aspx I went to edit common.js as instructed but it aslready has the lines added, and still causes this error. I am trying to use the CollapsiblePanelExtender in an iframe where the parent is not the same domain as the child. What else should i do? Thanks lots in advance &n...

Sending email, but get the error : could not access "CDO.Message" object
Hi, I use .NET component to write an email sending component. I set the SmtpServer to an internet SMTP server which is used in my outlook express. When I send the email, I got the following error: could not access "CDO.Message" object what is the reason? How to solve? Thank you in advance. You are most likely not authenticating to the SMTP server....

Web resources about - trying to send email getting error Could not access 'CDO.Message' - asp.net.getting-started