Tabbing through text boxes on a web form

I have 3 text boxes within the body of my html on an asp.net page and when i render the page I am not able to tab from the first box to the next. How do you set this up?

Thanks,
-=angst=-
0
dsk_angst

You can use the TabIndex property of the TextBox object to do this.

ex :

<asp:TextBox id="myBox1" TabIndex="0" runat="server"/>
<asp:TextBox id="myBox2" TabIndex="1" runat="server"/>
<asp:TextBox id="myBox3" TabIndex="2" runat="server"/>

0
hexenjag
11/12/2004 4:53:04 PM
Make sure each textbox has a unique TabIndex set although if all the textboxes have the TabIndex set to 0 then by default you should be able to tab through them in the order they appear on the page,
Blindeddie
0
blindeddie
11/12/2004 5:02:45 PM
Awesome!! Thanks =)
0
dsk_angst

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

Getting error while disabling the text boxes on Web Form
Hello Folks...THis is very urgent ...Plz help...Following is a piece of code....to disable all the textBoxes on a WebForm in ASP.Net.(Lang:VB.Net) Private Sub disableAllTextBoxes(ByVal ControlArray) Dim control As Object Dim temptxtbox Dim i As Integer For Each control In ControlArray       If control.GetType.Name = "TextBox" Then          control.GetType.GetTypeArray(control).CopyTo(temptxtbox, 0)          For i = 0 To UBound(temptxtbox)     &n...

Dropdown selected index and text box text not getting reflected on web page
 Hi All,I have to bind the pre inserted data to the web page.Page has drop down lists and text boxes.I am using the following methods to bind these controls: 1. Drop down list:                            int index = dropDownList.Items.IndexOf(dropDownList.Items.FindByValue(value));                                 dropDownList.SelectedIndex = ind...

Check if the text box "text" has changed (RePost from web forms forum)
Greetings! How can i know if the "text" inside of a text box has changed? For example, I currently have this: if (txtMU.TextChanged()) { } But this does not work. The other idea I had was to assign the existing value of the text box to a string and then when the user click the save button I can create a conditional statement to compare the original string with the new string. However, I would like something more effective as I have like 12 text boxes to compare. Thanks, EduardoThanks,Please Mark this post as answered if it was helpful. Here is the easiest way that I have ...

clearing all text boxes on a web form
Howdy, I picked up the following code a while back but have only now had the time to try it. what I would like to do is clear the content of all the text boxes on a web form. here is the code: Private Sub ReadControls() Dim ctl As Control Dim intIndex As Integer ' First find the Form object For Each ctl In Page.Controls If ctl.GetType Is GetType(Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm) Then intIndex = Page.Controls.IndexOf(ctl) Exit For End If Next ' Loop through all controls within Form Control ' which is at Postion 1 in the Controls Collection ...

Passing Text of a text box in child form to a label in parent form
Hi Elite People !! I have a parent form with a number of ASP Labels and Buttons. Each ASP Label has a ASP Button next to it. What I want to acheive is when you click the button, it should open a new window with a ASP multiline text box and a "save" button. User can enter the text in the text box and when they click the SAve button, the Text in the text box of the Child window should be displayed in the label on the parent form.  I am successfully able to do this when I have a Text Box in the Parent form, but my requirement is to use Labels on the Parent Form. I am ...

Populate text box on a different web form
Hello All I have a button and a textbox on my Default aspx page, (Using VB),  when i click it i want to open my page customers.aspx and populate textbox1 with the details from the textbox on my default page, Can anyone point me in the right direction please thanks gibbo   You can use the session variables to save the textbox text of the Default page and retrieve it from the customers page // To Save the value of the textbox on the Default page use the below code Session("Textbox") = TextBox1.Text // To retrieve it from customers page and set it as the text ...

Issues with getting selecteditem.text from a web form
I am attempting to make a list box where users can be added to the database. I have created two list boxes and I have managed to transfer the values across. However I am having difficulty in getting the selected index value of the item, which has been selected. I need the selected item to add the user ID of the selected user into the database. Any help would be great. The first part binds the data to the lstproducts listbox the second parts writes data to the database Sub list() Dim Conn As OracleConnection Dim cmdselect As OracleCommand Dim ...

Help getting started with a dynamic web form
I'm new to .NET so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a form that needs to be dynamically created based on the contents of a XML file. The XML contains data for each 'row' to be created and what type of fields (textbox, custom select box, etc) should be displayed. The number of each type of field will vary from time to time. Using ASP I would have either used XSL to create a form or DOM to walk through the contents of the XML and display/name the proper fields. Using .NET I'm not sure what the proper method is to accomplish my goal. I can use XML c...

How do you get a class to populate text boxes on a form?
In my class I'm using a data reader to read data: aReader.Read(); string UserID; UserID = (String)aReader.GetValue(0); UserID = (String)aReader.GetValue(1); UserID = (String)aReader.GetValue(2); How do I get the values to txtOne, txtTwo, and txtThree on the form? For example: myTextBox.Text = aReader.GetString(0); The myTextBox is the ID of the TextBox added to a page. When you add a TextBox control on to the page. The specified ID can be used to get access to the control's instance./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog My problem is...

Problem in selecting text in List box Web Form
hi In List box load the data from database. If i am select any Item from list box i am geting selected Indexvalue ="-1" at the same time i am not get the text value. how can i get the selected index text value. Regards, Sabarish. Hi, it sounds to me that you're rebinding your data upon every postback. If you're doing it in code behind place it between if(!Page.IsPostBack) to avoid this. Then you should be able to get a value different than -1 (which means nothing's selected). Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for...

Web resources about - Tabbing through text boxes on a web form - asp.net.getting-started

Tabbing navigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... element. The order of focusing can be determined implicitly (based on physical order) or explicitly (based on tab index). In general, tabbing ...

Three takeaways from MLB tabbing Manfred next commish
Jon Paul Morosi's three takeaways from an intrigue-filled Thursday in our national pastime, as Rob Manfred was named the 10th commissioner in ...

Tour Confidential: Was Tabbing Tiger Woods as a Ryder Cup Vice Captain a Good ...
Washington Post Tour Confidential: Was Tabbing Tiger Woods as a Ryder Cup Vice Captain a Good ... Golf.com Rory winsand won this timebecause ...

Microsoft patents tabbing through a web page
Just tab along to our IP licensing agreement...