System.Net.Sockets.SocketException when using the HttpWebRequest.GetResponse

Hello i keep gettign this error when i use this code

Error:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in system.dll
Additional information: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full
Code:
Dim HTTP_request As HttpWebRequest
Dim HTTP_response As HttpWebResponse
HTTP_request = HttpWebRequest.Create("http://www.google.com/images/logo.gif")
HTTP_response = HTTP_request.GetResponse
the erorr happens every time on the "HTTP_response = HTTP_request.GetResponse" line
pls help
0
nolazabal

anyone pls?
0
nolazabal
8/9/2004 2:28:47 PM
The code works fine for me.  Is there a chance you are behind a firewall that is blocking the outgoing call?

Thanks,
AspDotNetGuy
0
aspdotnetguy
8/9/2004 5:07:43 PM
i dont think i block any calls at all, all i have is xp firewall on but when disable that i still get the same error.

now this happens not in all computers, in some just work fine
what kinda trafic should i be looking on this?
0
nolazabal
8/9/2004 6:34:39 PM
Very Odd.  I am sure someone has run into this, can someone help?  I havne't done much HTML Scraping, so I haven't experienced this before.

What version of .NET your running, maybe something changed in 1.1??? No idea just a thought.
0
aspdotnetguy
8/9/2004 7:04:53 PM
Yes is 1.1, I have even reinstalled the framework but nothing. Maybe is something machine related where or like you said some block port. i have to see more of this but man this is driving me crazy.

btw thanks for trying to help i really hope some can give moe some light on this
0
nolazabal
8/9/2004 9:13:43 PM
in case some1 has the same error i got this response in another forum and fixed my problem

This may solve your problem. I had a similar error message but got it when
trying to work with a web service.
First check article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815209 ; and use the
enum.exe and info to check and/or change your protocol bindings.
If changing your network protocols doesn't work (didn't help me) then get
the hotfix from:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826757
You need to call MS and refer to this article. They may not charge you
anything and will send you the hotfix in a password protected e-mail. The
reason it is not publically available is b/c it is still being regression
tested. I was told it will be a part of the .Net 1.1 service pack which I was
also told should be available this month.
0
nolazabal

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
I'm getting this error when hitting a webservice thousands of times for a mass upload. I've researched on the web and added the suggested code but am still getting the error: protected override WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri) { System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)base.GetWebRequest(uri); webRequest.KeepAlive = false; return webRequest; }  Are you receiving it on the client, or on the service?John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException with MySQL Connector.NET
Hi. I already tried many things and spent already 2 days without any success. Please help or I'll hang myself.I am using MySql.Data.dll  ver. 5.2.5.0 (runtime v2.0.50727) from my project (library). It works great if i use it from WindowsApplication but once i use it same way in WebApplication, it keeps throwing: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referencedException Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced .. AsyncResult ias = socket.BeginConnect(endPoint, null, null);.. (or w...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException when trying to use xml feed
Hi folks, strange error I'm getting here, I'm trying to connect to the ECB s currency exchange feed which is located at http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml - it looks nice and simple to use.  However my code is throwing a socket exception when I run it from the server and a system.net.webexception - {"The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."} when I run it from within visual studio. I had a sample script which took feeds from the BBC site on my home computer which worked fine but it does not work from m...

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Hi,   I am getting System.Net.Sockets.SocketException  exception on my server which is a console based application and i am using socket programming in it.i am getting this error only after 12.30am and  the server gets freezed, i am not able to trace the cause of the error as it occurs only at particular time and in particular condition, canm anyone please help me in finding the cause of this error and solution of it.Please Reply soon.   Thanks in advance Divya     These forums are for ASP.NET (web sites / web applications), not windows applica...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Hi, I am getting the following error. Does anyone know about this? It is working fine on some PC and giving error on others? Server Error in '/MyWebApps' Application. The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid an...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
I've been getting this very wierd exception on the secure checkout page of a shopping cart app recently. There is no code in the page that directly uses the system.net namespace, and the page has been pretty much error-free for a year. I guess it could be an indication that something might be wrong with IIS. Here's the stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s...

useing System.Net.Mail in Net 2.0
Useing C# and VWD enviroment with the Test server in VWD. Code for Mail does not work in 2.0, get an error like this:  System.Net.Mail.SmtpException was unhandled by user code Message="Failure sending mail." Source="System" line 42 which is the smtp.Send(email) line. Code for the old way in 1.1 works just fine, here is what I use (email is bogus for this) The commented line are for Net 1.1 which works. Any ideas what I need to do? Thanks using System.Net.Mail;//using System.Web.Mail; protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  {  ERMessag...

XMLDocument and System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Hi All, I am trying to load XML file and I got the following error. It is working fine on test server but not on LIVE Web Server. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondSource Error: Line 53: Line 54: XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); Line 55: xmlDoc.Load(xmlData); Line 56: Line 57: XmlNodeList xmlNodeListRoot = xmlDoc.GetElementsByTagName("RootMenu&quo...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException #2
 I'd like to try to consume RSS feed and I get error: http://www.macedonium.org/Default2.aspx?jazik=2I'm using this code: http://blogs.msdn.com/coding4fun/archive/2006/10/31/912335.aspxIn my web.config I have: <system.net>    <defaultProxy>      <proxy bypassonlocal="true" usesystemdefault="false" />    </defaultProxy>  </system.net>and I still get the error... Hero of the day...

get mail using System.Net.Mail
How can i get Email usign System.Net.Mail ?? Hello poloxy  ,the System.Net.Mail used only for sending emails and not to receive them.Read the full documentation at  MSDN Library http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you SO how can I receive mail ? Try one of these pop3 librarieshttp://www.codeproject.com/info/search.aspx?artkw=pop3  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you HI,   if you want to send email by using System....

Web resources about - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException when using the HttpWebRequest.GetResponse - asp.net.getting-started

Singularity RDK - Source Code
Experimental verified OS

magento配置指南
we make your business better PLANS & PRICING JOIN SIGN IN RESOURCES ALL CONTENT DOCUMENTS CERTIFIED DOCSTOC CUSTOMIZABLE PACKAGES USER GENERATED ...

Issues - gdata-java-client - Google Data Java Client Library - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in gdata-java-client Google Data Java Client Library Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search Search ...

MINECON Videos!
Some of the incredible MINECON panels didn’t make it on the livestream due to time constraints. As of right now, they have all been uploaded ...

Java™ SE Development Kit 7 Update 40 Bug Fixes
Java™ SE Development Kit 7 Update 40 Bug Fixes

Syncplicity Installation fails with error code 0x80004005 – Support Home
Symptoms : 1. The Syncplicity installation never starts. 2. The Syncplicity.log file should have the matching error code: Unregistered, Syncplicity ...

Understanding and resolving app crashes and failures in Windows Store apps, part 2: JSON and tiles
... Exception type: System.Net.WebException Message: Unable to connect to the remote server InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException, ...

The Mono-list 2003-October Archive by Subject
2003-October Archives by Subject Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Wed Oct 1 00:04:11 2003 ...

jdk6/jdk6/jdk: log
log graph tags bookmarks branches changeset browse bz2 zip gz help OpenJDK / jdk6 / jdk6 / jdk log Find changesets by keywords (author, files, ...

RSA private key import from PEM format in C#
First of all, I want to apologies for not writing. From one hand, this is not a good think for me to disappeared from development community horizons, ...