System.IO File not found

Using Vista on 64 bit machine, VS 2008.  Have web service that needed to use 32 bit DLLs.  To get around this, I set 'Enable 32 Bit Application' to True for the application pool.  I then publish the application and run it from local host.  The problems with the 32 bit DLLs have been resolved.

HOWEVER, now I get an error that says:  System.lO file not found.  I'm not using System.IO in the web service.

 I have the full version of .Net framework installed, originally the compact version was installed but I downloaded the full version and installed.

Any ideas????? thanks.....

0
Trii

R the DLLs trying to read an XML file or something? Did u check the eventvwr ?

http://blog.nishanthnair.com
0
nishanthnair

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
I have an application running fine on my workstation. I deploy it to the server and get this: Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source Error: Line 30: private static bool __intialized = false; Line 31: Line 32: public Global_asax() { Line 33: if ((ASP.Global_asax.__intialized == false)) { Line 34: ASP.Global_asax.__intialized = true; Source File: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\4385...

System.IO file not found
Using Vista, 64 bit, VS 2008.  Had some 32 bit DLLs that I needed to use in web service.  To get around the 64 bit vs 32 bit conflict for these DLLs, I set "Enable 32 Bit Applicatins" to true for the application pool.  I published the application and then run the application from localhost.  The 64 vs 32 bit conflicts were resolved.  However, a new problem now popped up.  I get the following error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) I am not using System.IO in the web servi...

Getting IO.System.File to complete operations
 Hi, I have an appliaction that iterates through a recordset and for each record generates HTML, creates a .htm file, opens that file for writing and writes the HTML to it. The end result is a static website generated at the click of a button. On my development PC it works a treat, (Win XP SP2, .Net Framework 2), but on the live server it doesn't seem to want to work! (the server is Win 2000 .net framework 2)The application seems to create some of the pages (not all) and on occaison has been knwn to actually writer something to one of them. I had a similar problem on the dev ve...

iOS- How to get the file openDialog in iOS
Im working on Delphi XE4 for uploading a file on a server. Im using a php script to upload the file on the server in a directory, its working fine. the code is *Delphi code* {code} Function Upload(sfilepath : string) : string; var Params: TIdMultipartFormDataStream; Response: TStringStream; http: TIdHttp; begin try http := TIDHttp.Create(nil); http.HandleRedirects := true; http.ReadTimeout := 5000; http.Request.ContentType:='multipart/form-data'; Params := TIdMultipartFormDataStream.Create; Response := TStringStream.Create; try ...

Deleting a file with System.IO.File.Delete
Hi, how can I delete a File with System.IO.File.Delete after a Response.End What I'm doing -> I export a file and prompt the client to save it then I have to do a Resonse.End for the file to save. Afer that I want to be able to delete the file. I guess that after the Response.End I can't...... Any idea or tricks will be apreciated. Thank you. I think if have finished reading the file and sending it with Response.Write you can close file and remove it, before Response.End. Slava The point is that the file is streamed to the client when the processing o...

I create the file like this System.IO.File.Create("pallingtest1.txt") but how do I tell it where to save the file?
can anyone help? Why don't you specify the fully qualified path where you want to write the file rather than try and figure out where its going to write it? Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  From the MSDN docs: <i>The path parameter is permitted to specify relative or absolute path information. Relative path information is interpreted as relative to the current working directory. To obtain the current working directory, see GetCurrentDirectory.</i>http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

Deleting a file using system.io.file.delete
Hi I'm trying to delete an uploaded file from a directory using the system.io.file.delete and I'm getting a URI formats are not supported error.The file uploads fine though.Here's the code..sAttachment = "Attachment.doc"System.IO.File.Delete("http://DevServ/XX/Attachments/" & sAttachmentAny help would be greatly appreciatedCheersLbob the methods in the system.io namespace use physical paths not virtual paths.Use server.mappath to convert from a virtual path to a physical path.System.IO.File.Delete(Server.MapPath("http://DevServ/XX/Attachments/" & sAttachment))Mike Banavige~~~~...

iOS: Is it possible to access files from windows file system (SMB) ?
Is there a way to connect to a windows-filesystem from a firemonkey mobile APP ? I would like to search/upload/download files from a windows-machine... Thank you in advance ...

How to get the load address of the .net executable file(exe file) ?
hello: I am reading an article about .net(Rewrite MSIL Code on the Fly with the .NET Framework Profiling API)from msdn, http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/NETProfilingAPI/ ,but i have some trouble about it . it said : If you added the method's RVA to the load address (the address where the executable file for the "Hello World!" assembly was loaded), you would see a memory dump layout similar to the one shown in Figure 3. On my machine, the load address was 0x06EA1000, I want to know : how can i get the load address of the exe file on my machine?is there s...

How to read & split a text file using System.IO.File?
Dear vb.net Pro ,  I have a info.dat file which contain columns & data such as follow:       Name     Age     Contact M   sam       18        66666888888 M   vincent    17       55555555555 F   shirley     17       33333333333 How can i read the file & split the data in between? so i can do fi...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?
What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?Is it needed to configure the smtp server? Plz tell me the steps to develop the email sending facility in our applicationSwati Jain Take a look at www.systemnetmail.com.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Simple Form gets System.IO.FileNotFoundException when run on non-development system
I have a empty vb.net form that when built on my computer will not run on any other computer(System.IO.FileNotFoundException ). If I build the same solution on a different computer it works on all computers. I think it has something to do with the security policy, but as far as I can tell both VS 2005 environments are configured exactly the same. Any Ideas? Thanks, Josh It is a security policy issue most likely. I had that problem with another web host when working with the Cryptography namespace. Contact your webhost or the administrator of the server.Cheers,    ...

System.io.File
When using the File object how do you now whether the path you are putting, is the path of a file on the server or the path of a file on the client machine. I want to transfer a file from the client machine to the server, does anyone know if the File object is suited for this? I guess the real question there is where did you get the path from. If the path came from the Posted File - then it is most likely the file path / name from the client not and is not valid for saving on the server What do you mean when you say where the path came from, what if i hard code a file path to be ...

Web resources about - System.IO File not found - asp.net.getting-started

Type system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A type system associates a type with each computed value. By examining the flow of these values, a type system attempts to ensure or prove that ...

The Baden-Clay decision gives domestic violence killers the upper hand in the legal system
Much of what has been achieved this year in highlighting the scourge of domestic violence in Australia was undone by the Queensland Court of ...

This Is How the System is Supposed to Work
... something something with the enemy, as just reported by NBC News. As I have stated repeatedly (and Sooner has as well), this is how the system ...

CentOS Linux 7 1511 is here download the free enterprise-class operating system now
For large businesses looking to embrace Linux and open source solutions, one of the best if not the best enterprise-grade operating systems is ...

DHS to roll out changes to terror alert system on Wednesday
The administration is not getting rid of the current system, but will lower the threshold to allow government to better inform the public

Solar System Sans Roof Penetration — SolarPod Gets UL Certification
... at the same time achieving dependable reliability. This new product is for gable roofs. With SolarPod Crown, you just [&hellip Solar System ...

System Shock 3 officially revealed, survey asks for preferred platforms, interest in VR
Third installment in cult classic sci-fi series System Shock is officially announced, after a week-long teaser campaign.

NYC School System Blames Idiot Principal For Ban On Santa, Thanksgiving, Pledge Of Allegiance
NYC School System Blames Idiot Principal For Ban On Santa, Thanksgiving, Pledge Of Allegiance

Lowe FS Has $15000 Position in Cisco Systems, Inc.
InvestCorrectly Lowe FS Has $15000 Position in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Dakota Financial News Cisco Systems logo Lowe FS increased its position ...

SHODAN is back for System Shock 3
Just in case you missed it, System Shock 3 was not-so-subtly teased by OtherSide Entertainment last week. It’s unrelated to the work going on ...