switch project from "file" to "web"?

I've taken over a project from another for a webservice. He originally set it up as "file" based, so it's showing up as "c:\path\to\site" in the solution manager. This is causing issues and it should be setup as a website with http://virtual/to/site.

Is there a way to switch a file based one to a web based one and have it use IIS ?

Nevermind... just readded it manually to the solution, seemed to work

0
Curt_C

Hi:

I think you are talking about an ASP.NET 2.0 application?

You can simply make a File System application work smoothly with IIS, by creating a new website poiting to the folder of that application, and open a web path in VS 2005 instead of the File System

Am I getting you correct?

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
4/18/2006 5:13:00 AM

yes, the issue was that it was under source control...

It's all good now though, thank you.

0
Curt_C
4/18/2006 2:59:06 PM

Hi Curt, I am glad it worked fine now.

Take care my friend,

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"File" to "File$date"
Okay... Thanks for all your answers! From all, I combinded the perfext solution: rename("test.txt", "test" . &heute() . ".txt"); sub heute { return (localtime(time))[3] . (localtime(time))[4] . = ((localtime(time))[5] 1900); } Thanks ;) Andreas -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Sudarshan Raghavan [mailto:sraghav@india.hp.com]=20 Gesendet: Samstag, 14. September 2002 15:21 An: Perl beginners Betreff: Re: AW: Rename "File" to "File$date" On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Sudarshan Raghavan wrote: >=20 > #!/...

"Link-", "Libs-" and "Import-" -entries in CB2010-project file
Hi. Could anyone explain to me, what the meaning of the different "link/lib/import"-entries in the project-file is? I'm confused. Using the GUI there is only the "Runtime package"-list - the reason and function for that one, I do understand. But what do the others? And which one *is* the "Runtime package"-list?? <LinkPackageStatics></LinkPackageStatics> <LinkPackageImports></LinkPackageImports> <PackageImports></PackageImports> <AllPackageLibs></AllPackageLibs> Thanks a lot! Best Regards Eike Pete...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"To" and "From" missing

Using "+" or "||"

double quote

"Using" or "With"

Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs"
 Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs".net bother Primary output is required in windows application, it's not required in web application. Web application need only bin folder and .aspx forms. Web setup is only for web application so if you will select content files then it will make setup which contains necessary folders (bin, app_code, etc) and .aspx pages. You don't need to add primary output.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

"Me" is better than "You"

Web resources about - switch project from "file" to "web"? - asp.net.getting-started