String.Format comma for thousands and two decimal points only

I am trying to come up with the String.Format expression to format a number that will have a comma to separate the thousands and a period for the decimals ( I want to show only two decimals )

0
JohnStern

Will this work for you?

String.Format("{0:N2}", MyNumber)

Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

How to format a string of percentage format to decimal format ?
How to format a string of percentage format to decimal format ? 1    orginalValue  // value will be 1265.48 2    percentString // value after applying percentage format will be 126548 %3    requiredvalue // value should be 1265.48  I converted the string from orginalValue to percentString, now i need to convert back to requiredvalue. Is there any way to do ? regards, Ananth RM - msarm.com  string percentString="126548 %";double value=double.Parse(percentString.Replace("%","").Tri...

How can I get decimal seperator ? It is comma or point
How can I get decimal seperator ? It is comma or point. How can I get which sign is used as decimal seperator by system in c#?   Thanks here is one solution to this problem that I found:http://www.devwebpro.com/devwebpro-39-20070119ASPNETChooseaStandardNumberFormat.html Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. use the globalization namespace, get the current culture of the application, then get the numberformat info, then NumberDecimalSeparator ...

Converting string to number but there's a comma as decimal point
I have a small problem in my XSL file when converting string to a number. This is how it’s being done: <xsl:value-of select="number(stringValue)”> Where, for example, stringValue can be "0.5" in US region or "0,5" in some European regions. While the conversion from "0.5" works great, a conversion from "0,5" results in failure and a NaN result. Does anybody know of a way of handling number conversion in XSL in a universal way that is independent from regional settings and would work for both "0.5" and "0,5"? the meaning of a decimal and comma are dependent on the...

Numeric String with Comma, String.Format
Hi All, Quick question, I need to output a numeric value say 5000 as 5,000.  This is what I have so far but it is outputing 5,000.00 and I don't want the decimal places as its just a row count on a result set. String.Format("{0:0}", Convert.ToSingle(recipCount)) Thanks!Tim String.Format("{0:#,##0.00}", 4547) # are optional, means if you try it for, say, 45, you'll get 45.00. 0s in the format string will get forced to 0 if it's not present (like .00 above)....

get Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0. error
Hi, I have a page in which I have the following line in VB, my "abcConnectionString" is set in the web.config file. But when I click on the button, I get this error: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0. What should I do? thank you.Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim txt1 As TextBox = Me.FindControl("TextBox1") ' txt1.Text = "i will start"Dim myConnection As New SqlConnection("abcConnectionString") myConnection.Open()D...

Need to format float with no decimals or decimal point.
Is there a format for float that displays only the integer portion?  Or at the least, integer portion and decimal point but no digits to right? Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f}") Thank you, What about this: Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f0}")Limno Wow - thanks.  Is there a good reference book that has all the format forms, control structures and properties.  Everything I have has a the essentials but nothing in depth.  I know this kind of thing is simple but is sure is a lot to try and remember. Thank you,  You can sear...

What are proper format strings for String.format, Number.format, etc?
Hi guys, I just started using the client side version of the Ajax framework. Everything is working out so far, except that I can't seem to be able to format any strings of numbers the way I want. Wheather I use the String.format or Number.format functions, I just keep getting Sys.FormatException errors. What are the proper format strings? I tried the relevant ones that I use in C#, but it just doesn't work.Help would be much appreciated!  I believe D, C, N, and P are the only valid ones for numbers (client side).Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex ...

CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or Decimal
CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or System.Decimal the documentation says System.string while it is mapped to DbType.decimal I need some understanding on this. any help thanks vsv ...

how to convert value with decimal point into value with decimal comma
Hello,  I like to know how I can change (for example) the value 55.55 into 55,55. (The system in my country is using comma's instead of points) I'm starting with  a string with the value "55.55" Then I will convert it to a double 55,55 Do I need the the system.Globalization namespace or is there just a simple solution?               Hi,If you are just going to use this format for display then it would be easy to do this:double dTemp;dTemp = 55.55;Response.Write(dTemp.ToString().Replace(".",","));H...

How to format a percent number as decimal using string.format in VB?
Hi, I have a GridView-Control with labels which contain numbers in percentformat, which are formatted in the RowDataBound-Event, but when I try to update the GridView i get the Invalid String format Exception because the labels are in the percentage Format like -27,5% but i need this number as double-value like 0.275. How can I convert the number from percentage to number? Any idea?  Thanks in forward,  Vlad  Dim str as string = percentlabel.Text ' Get rid of percentage sign str = str.Replace("%", "") ' Check if you can convert dim dbl as ...

Getting error while converting string to double: Input string was not in correct format
Select Case LocalMeasuringUnitText Case "Currency" 'do the conversion hereDim ConversionRate As Double = GetConversionRate(_LanguageID)   Dim UKValue As Double 'String.Format("{0:c}", SelectedRow(rowloop).Item("TransData").ToString()) Dim varValue As Object = NothingDim Stringvalue As Object = SelectedRow(rowloop).Item("TransData").ToString.Trim 'varValue = Double.TryParse(Stringvalue, varValue) 'CType(Stringvalue, System.Double) 'UKValue = Convert.ToDouble(Stringvalue) / GetConversionRate(ConfigurationManager.AppS...

how to get start with .NET

string formating to decimal
ok this is stupid which makes me feel stupid String.Format("{0:f}",.6) returns 0.60 which I want shippingpercenttb.text = .6 String.Format("{0:f}",shippingpercenttb.text) returns .6 which I don't want what I am doing wrong Also how can I make sure that .637 returns 0.64 ??? In the first case, the argument is a number, whereas in the second it's a string. Transform the string into a number first. Double.Parse.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web resources about - String.Format comma for thousands and two decimal points only - asp.net.getting-started

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title refers to the distance traveled while under the sea and not to a depth, as 20,000 leagues is over six times the diameter of Earth. ...

Thousands left in dark after storms
More than 17,000 homes remain without power after severe thunderstorms hammered southeast Queensland today.

Thousands head towards Parliament House in Canberra for climate march
Thousands of people have descended on Parliament House for the climate march.&nbsp;

Thousands turn out in Brisbane march calling for climate change action ahead of Paris summit
At least 5,000 people brave hot and humid weather in the Brisbane CBD calling for rapid action ahead of UN climate change talks in Paris.

Thousands gather in Diyarbakir to mourn death of Turkish lawyer
Thousands gather in Diyarbakir to mourn death of Turkish lawyer

Hundreds of thousands demonstrated worldwide Sunday as climate activists were suppressed in Paris
... protesting climate change, and rebuking the laws that prevented the march. In addition to the shoes, Climate Coalition 21 organized thousands ...

Businesses Can Save Thousands In Foreign Exchange
Companies that have the luxury to choose at what time they transfer money into another currency are at a significant advantage in terms of driving ...

The Horrifying Vtech Hack Let Someone Download Thousands of Photos of Children
The latest details about a recent security breach at a kids’ toy company are in, and they are disturbing. A couple weeks ago, hackers successfully ...

StoryCorps Adds Thousands of Stories to National Archive
StoryCorps' oral history project adds thousands of stories to national public archive

Laquan McDonald Protest Draws Thousands To Block Chicago Stores On Black Friday
International Business Times Laquan McDonald Protest Draws Thousands To Block Chicago Stores On Black Friday International Business Times ...