String To Decimal

Hi,

How can I convert from string (Text Box)  to Decimal (addition some entries then get result)

Thanks,

0
cavalry

eramseur
1/5/2006 9:25:56 AM

Please can u write thz method

sorry for disturbing

0
cavalry
1/5/2006 11:55:33 AM
cavalry wrote:

Please can u write thz method

Scroll down just a little bit on that link above and therz the method in both VB and C#

"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot"
0
MorningZ
1/5/2006 1:58:17 PM

Hi again,

i see the like but

Access to the requested URL is not allowed!

there is a ristriction to it in my city, so plz copy a paste here

sorry again

0
cavalry
1/6/2006 5:47:44 AM

thank u  its DONE

i've Declare

Dim Grade1 as Double=Grade1.Text

Dim Grade2 as Double=Grade2.Text

Dim Grade as double = Grade1+Grade2

Thanks Alot

0
cavalry

CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or Decimal
CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or System.Decimal the documentation says System.string while it is mapped to DbType.decimal I need some understanding on this. any help thanks vsv ...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Getting started .net website

Getting all text at start of a string
Hello,I have a string (from a weather feed) that looks like:Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C Is it possible to get everything before the :So I can just get the day, and not the conditionsThe idea is that the feed looks likeMonday: asdsfasfMonday Night: asdsfasfTuesday: AFASFetc,Thanks  Try this: string s = "Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C"; string d = s.Split(':')[0];Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

getting value from string (VB .net)
HiJust a quickie (i hope) - i'm trying to get a value from a string but not sure what method to use.Eg Dim myString As String = "(ng) nottingham"How would i get the value between the parentheses - ng?  The values are either going to be a single or two characters if this helps?I can think of a work around using myString.IndexOf() but i'm sure there must be a specific function for this problem? thanks  Hey, You could loop through the three or four characters, use the Substring method and trim/remove the parens, or you can use regular expressions.Brian"Trust in the Lord a...

How to get the string array that starts with prefixtext
 Helloo, i am using a web service to autocomplete a textbox The database contains a keywords column ..each colum contains more than 1 keywords  LIKE "INDIA WORLD IRAQ" So i need to use RegEx to split each keywords.But How can i extract only strings that starts with the prefixtext into an array??Please HelppI hav put my code below   1 public string[] GetKeywords(string prefixText, int count) 2 { 3 // int count = 10; 4 string connString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["dnas_newConnectionString...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

System.Net.Mail
Hi and thanks for your help!! I have a window that pops up to send an email to a person using the following javascript: <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[function OnClientCommandExecuting(editor, args) {var commandName = args.get_commandName(); var strEmail = document.getElementById("PersonsEmail").value;if (args.get_commandName() == "SendEmail") { var oWnd = radopen("sendemail.aspx?email=" + strEmail, "rwEmail"); oWnd.center();args.set_cancel(true); } }   //]]> </script>   On the email ...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Web resources about - String To Decimal - asp.net.getting-started

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

Decimal Rounding on the App Store on iTunes
Get Decimal Rounding on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...