Event ID: 10004
Date:  10/27/2008
Time:  2:05:36 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: LNOxxxxCFD2Y
DCOM got error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_LNOxxxxCFD2Y in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

any help???

0
ds12will

Hi Will,

Sorry for the late reply.

Here are some steps you can follow to have a try on handling this issue:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools and open the Internet Information Services Manager

2. Right click the Default Web Site and open the properties dialog window

3. Select the Directory Security tab and click the Edit Button to open Authentication Methods dialog windows

4. Check on the Anonymous access checkbox and Click OK to save the apply.

If you still cannot create a new project after this setting, you may need to tell us your develop environment, like are you using Visual Studio 2003 with .Net Frameword 1.x, or have you installed more than one .Net Framework on your computer, and also what kind version of Windows your OS is.

In addition, have a visit to these links which talking the similar problem you are facing now:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1004089/1328883.aspx#1328883

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1716289.php

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1722955.php

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t112042-url-httplocalhostwebproject1-http11-500-server-error.html

Search Google with your error message maybe give you more information::

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HTTP%2F1.1+500+Server+Error

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Logon+failure%3A+the+user+has+not+been+granted+the+requested+logon+type+at+this+computer

Hope the reply helps.

Best Regards,
Shengqing Yang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread : )
0
Shengqing

Start up Error: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error
When I attempt to create a new project or open an existing one, I recieve the following error.  "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/PROJECTNAME'.  'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error'. Now I have a fix for this, but it requires me to have to do it everytime I reboot my computer.  It's kind of a lengthy process and I've looked just about everywhere for perm. fixes for this error but have come up empty.  I've had just about enough of d...

HTTP/1.1 500 Error
I am getting the above error, with the message "Server not available."  I have a hunch that the problem can be traced to a patch I installed this month.  The patch (SP2DBFix1.1.1.mxp) was supposed to correct an interaction problem between Dreamweaver and Asp.Net.History:  Everything in Visual Studio worked just fine last semester, when I took the Asp.Net class.  Now, none of the Asp.Net applications work, although the VB.Net apps in my Visual Studio still work as expected.  Help, please!Dee Start by finding the real error:http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109JeffP...

Got an Error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Hi is there anybody can help me with my problem in asp.net... coz everytime i open .net and create new asp files i got an error of "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://pc03/localhost/MyWeb/Application'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'. thanks... pilots Have you turned off Friendly Errors in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced. Usually this is the problem. Corey...

HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error in the VS.NET 2003
Hi, After uninstall the NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2006, I have got problem with my VS.NET 2003. so that I had to uninstalll and install the IIS,NetFramework and VS.NET 2003 again and also "aspnet_regiis -i " to reconize IIS at VS.NET 2003. However when I am trying to open any project within VS.NET 2003 it gives me "HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error" error message. I checked the System at the Even Viewer seems my system has a difficulty with the "w3svc.dll". but it's kind of strange for me, becuase when I ran "iisreset/ status" seems the IIS running without any problem and also the I...

Error HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error with Indy FireDac DataSnap XE7
*I made a server application that calling the methods by browse, everything works perfect,* *but to test my methods build a client using TdHTTP it and call the methods as follows:* procedure TF_CLIENTE.SBEnviar2Click(Sender: TObject); var Url : String; lJSO : String; jsonToSend : TStringStream; begin Url := 'http://localhost:809...ecomandoPOST/'; lJSO := ('{"name":"TESTE"}'); jsonToSend := TStringStream.Create(lJSO,TEncoding.UTF8); idHttp.ProxyParams...

My VS.Net 2003 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'
Sorry, but I English is a cheet!!!I like to know the because of error when I try to create a project web:The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project locatec at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.I tried make the following command's:iisreset /stopnet user ASPNET /deleteapsnet_regiis -iiisreset /startBut continue made same thing.Thankful by attention!Luidy Morais NavesComputer Science This error occurs due to many reasons and I think you have considered most of the options. You may want...

HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error
Hello all, I have .NET working swimmingly on my Win 2K laptop. I'm in the process of trying to get it working on my home PC, running Win XP Pro. IIS installed fine, .NET framework and the software installed fine, but here's the situation. Whenever I try to create a new web application in Vis Studio .NET 2003, I get the following error: The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/test'. HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error'. I did some further testing, and found the following: -IIS is up, and...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
please help today I instaled MS IIS, MS Framework 1.1 and MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 When I try to create new project (ASP.NET Web Application) on localhost it gives error message. I runned the aspnet_regiis.exe -i already, but it didn't help ...

http/1.1 500 Server Error
  Hi all.. http/1.1 500 Server Error Wat to do to resolve this??? I tried a lot. I cannot open or create a web application. Unistall and reinstall the framework. Done a lot browsing the web. But still the same problem. Can anyone help meRegards,Jeen Please give us some more informationWhat version of OS, IIS, ASP.NET are you using?How did you deploy the website and what settings is your virtual directory running as?  Did you check the Event logs...? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers wil...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I installed VS2003 on my pc but when i try to create a new project http://localhost/xyz/webapplication1 it gives HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error.  anyone have idea on whats wrong?  I repaired vs2003, reinstalled iis but still getting this error.  ...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I am doing a mobile application via Visual Studio.Net 2003 and encounter this error message: " The Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost.MobileWebApplication1'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error' when I tried to open my project file or start a new project. How can I debug this error? Please help. Googling your question I found: "When you create a Web Application project, Visual Studio creates the default project settings for debugging. When you choose Start from the Debug menu, ...

http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
The Web server reported the following error when attempting tocreate or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.i am using xp professional,sql 7.0,.net 1.1                       PLEASE HELP ME                                    ...

http/1.1 500 Server Error #2
Hi, When I try to create a new project (asp.net web application) I get this message. The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'http/1.1 500 Server Error' Hope anyone can help me. thanks       Hi aarunlal,   Base on my understand, you are using VS.NET 2003. From the error message I think ASP.NET version 1.1 may have been corrupt, please execute aspnet_regiis -i in Command Prompt. The file can be found in c:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1....

Web resources about - Start up error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error - asp.net.getting-started