space

How can I search for empty space in the textbox and if it is one i need to display error message. This is for the prevent user the enter filename with space.
-1
chaser12

You can always just replace any spaces with no space...

In VB it would be....

Replace(myTextBox.Text, " ", "")

And in C# it would be.....

myTextBox.Text.Replace(" ", "");

Hope this helps,

Zath

1
Zath
6/14/2005 4:05:13 PM
Using regular expressions would be a good way to go for this task. Please take a look at this site: regexlib.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started .net website

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

Web resources about - space - asp.net.getting-started

Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the general framework of distance and direction. For the space beyond Earth's atmosphere, see Outer space . For the keyboard ...

Google Photos free space saver feature + Shared Albums arrive on iOS
A few weeks ago Google unveiled a new space saver feature for its Photos app on Android, and this week the best feature 16GB iPhones and iPads ...

John Legend explains his fascination with space and new song made from star sounds
You might not suspect it, but both John Legend and his wife Chrissy Teigen are space enthusiasts. Though they didn't study space-related subjects ...

Three space station crewmen undock, prep for landing
Three members of the space station's six-man crew headed back to Earth, wrapping up 141-day mission

Taylor Swift wants to trademark Blank Space, Swiftmas, 1989 & more
... fan favorite “Swiftmas.” According to blog Tantalizing Trademarks, the 25-year-old singer is also looking to trademark the phrase “Blank Space” ...

Microsoft apologizes for riling OneDrive users, restores some free storage space on request
... apologized for how it conveyed last month's decision to slash OneDrive storage allotments, and restored the 15GB of free cloud storage space ...

‘The Expanse’ Review: Space But Not A Lot Of Depth In Syfy Series
The seemingly mysterious disappearance of a young woman from the elite of 200 years in the future sets up Syfy 's new space opera The Expanse ...

Saks Takes Over L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon Space at Brookfield Place
... won't be the stage for Joël Robuchon's big NYC comeback, after all . Today Steve Cuozzo reports that Saks is taking over the gargantuan space ...

Watch Pluto's mesmerizing space weather
Ever wondered what the cosmic weather is like, especially around more distant worlds? NASA's happy to help. It recently published a simulation ...

Kevin de Leon: 'Donald Trump has no place in the American political space'
In the wake of the San Bernardino attack, the President of the California State Senate, Kevin de Leon, spoke to FRANCE 24's Marc Perelman. Kevin ...