SmtpClient , sending mails to @gamil.com or @yahoo.com or @anyOtherThing.com

i am creating a  SmtpClient as follows

    Dim Client As New SmtpClient("mycompany.com")

it work fine for all  ids end with  @mycompany.com  (i mean the To field)

 but it throws an exception  when i send mails to  ids ending with  @gamil.com or  @yahoo.com  or @anyOtherThing.com

and the exception.message is

'Thread was being aborted.

how can i get escape

0
sujithukvl

Check your SMTP server settings and check the SMTP server logs.  My guess is you're not allowed to forward outside your domain.

Jeff

jeff
5/11/2007 1:19:41 PM

in my servers control panel  ,

i have two  Email related tabs

1)Email Accounts (POP3)
2)Email Forwarding

 in Email  Forwarding tab

i have

Add Email Forward

and there i have

Email Address: ...............@paq.info

Email Server:mail.paq.info

Forward To:..................

what can i do with this? :(

the the portion that i marked as .................. is input boxes that i should supply some value

please help me

0
sujithukvl
5/12/2007 5:15:41 AM

see my more codes

Dim Message As New MailMessage()

Message.From = New MailAddress(Trim(TxtBxFrom.Text))

Dim MailTo As String = Trim(TxtBxTo.Text)

Dim StringArray As String() = MailTo.Split(";")

For i = 0 To StringArray.Length - 1
    Message.To.Add(New MailAddress(StringArray(i)))
Next

Message.Subject = SubjectLine

Message.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8

Message.Body = ReplaceManager.Replace

Message.IsBodyHtml = True

Dim Client As New SmtpClient("mycompany.com")

Client.Send(Message)

0
sujithukvl
5/12/2007 12:58:50 PM
sujithukvl@gmail.com:

in my servers control panel  ,

i have two  Email related tabs

1)Email Accounts (POP3)
2)Email Forwarding

Neither of these apply to sending mail.  Talk you your ISP/Host/Server Admin about your mail sending specs.

Jeff

jeff
5/13/2007 12:09:10 PM

Is there any thing more, that i can do with codes ,before i contact  my admin?

0
sujithukvl
5/14/2007 6:05:35 AM

You can try a different SMTP server.  Take a look at www.systemweb.mail for code samples.

Jeff

jeff
5/14/2007 11:17:14 AM

now i m getting an error like this

Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

0
sujithukvl
5/15/2007 6:43:23 AM

That's because the server you're using is not configured to allow you to use it.

Contact your host or admin.  Ask them what you need to do to send email from your web site.  They control your ability to do so.

Jeff

jeff
5/15/2007 11:13:22 AM

this seems to  be end of all riots

let me do so

thanks

:)

0
sujithukvl
5/15/2007 11:37:59 AM

usign  localhost as  smtp host has solved the issue

:)

0
sujithukvl
5/22/2007 1:54:27 PM

following link may be use full for new bies

http://www.systemnetmail.com/default.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/p/1097175/1676636.aspx#1676636

0
sujithukvl

Sending to aol.com , gmail.com, and yahoo.com
I'm running GroupWise 7.0. I have a Firewall and a CISCO router. We have all SMTP traffic pointing to the local IP address of the GroupWise server. At are website hosting company we have a MX record setup to point to an open Internet IP addres from are ISP. So when someone email us it comes from the internet IP address to are firewall to are local ip address. We are having proplem send to aol.com, yahoo.com, and gmail.com. How do I solve this. Also getting some host down issue and the host that is down is are .com address. Please help I had the same issue and we h...

Firefox won't allow me to go to Yahoo.com. I get "page not found". I can go anywhere else, but not Yahoo.com or login.yahoo.com or any Yahoo address.
Name: Peter Priolo Email: joghelperatexcitedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't allow me to go to Yahoo.com. I get "page not found". I can go anywhere else, but not Yahoo.com or login.yahoo.com or any Yahoo address. Comments: I cannot go to any Yahoo address. No problem going anywhere else, just not Yahoo. Message says "not valid address" or "page not found", something like that. I have removed from my computer all RealPlayer components, plugins and ad-ons because I heard that might be the cause. Yahoo has a message saying to d...

access to mail.live.com and mail.yahoo.com
I have an interesting issue. Since just before Christmas I haven't been able to open emails in hotmail or login to yahoo mail when going through bordermanager proxy. When I hit to internet directly, its fine. I have tried the following: Cleared cache on my machine cleared cache on bordermanager running BM3.8 with latest support pack and updates. The issue seems to be pointing to Java but I'm not sure. I've tested a few things with our ISP but still no go. If anyone else is experiencing this and have a solution i would greatly appreciate it. -- mtaylor...

geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com?
Do these website have the potensial for privacy 'invasion'? If you just to be on the safe side want them in your host file (I did a DNS Zone Query): # Geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 radev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 devadmin.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 ra.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 new.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 comdev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 buttondev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 mail.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 www.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 image.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 dev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 button.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 map.geoup.com # Geoup.com ...

There was an error sending mail from '......@gmail.com to '.......@gmail.com': Couldn't connect to smtp.gmail.com:465"
Hello Sir, when I am trying to login using other account than Admin. Bugzilla 4.4.4 shows an error like that "There was an error sending mail from '......@gmail.com' to '.......@gmail.com': Couldn't connect to smtp.gmail.com:465". Traceback: at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 174. Bugzilla::Mailer::MessageToMTA(...) called at Bugzilla/Token.pm line 299 Bugzilla::Token::Cancel(...) called at Bugzilla/Token.pm line 315 Bugzilla::Token::DeletePasswordTokens(...) called at Bugzilla/Auth/Verify/DB.pm line 63 Bugzilla::Auth::Verify::DB::check_credentials(...) ...

Sending Email / smtp.gmail.com (Net.Mail.SmtpClient)
Has anyone, within the past two or three days, successfully sent an email through SMTP.GMAIL.COM using Net.Mail.SmtpClient? I have several programs that tested OK and now I get error messages ending in "has failed to respond 72.14.247.109:465" (or :587). Has Gmail "pulled the plug"? Alternately, if someone provides a different SMTP (and I can sign up for an email account and use it successfully), that will be considered an answer to the question (plus you will have my full gratitude). -LarryLarry Dechent - Sampson Coatingswww.wemakebetterpaint.com has 29 examples (C# ...

need to remove XSRemover.com; WorldAntiSpy.com; WinHoun.com and PSGuard.com
I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop hijackers. The info online is limited. I have found that some of those are desktop hijackers. I told the person to check Add Remove to see if those are installed and run Ad Aware Se and Spybot Search and Destroy. Is there a remover for those or a place that tells how to manually clean up the machine. -- Firewire "Firewire" <firewire@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:dn9m9d$m0q$1@news.grc.com... >I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop > hij...

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

What is COM/COM+/DCOM
Hi All, What is concept behind COM, COM+ and DCOM, Plz discuss in detail... Thanx in advance SajjadPlease Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem__________________________Regards,Sajjad RizviC U ON NETreply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com Sajjad, please do not ask us to do your homework for you. The following will provide you with a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_object_model Alister but why ???? Because this forums for asking the Question.... Any thing Wrong... (Thanx for Link)Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem_____________________...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Yes certanily. We are using many many COM/COM+ components. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ch2j24tdfqbfua264mmrnu2d3isrm1clug@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in >...

COM/COM+ component
Hi Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and the way to use it ? cheer <Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and > the way to use it ? > > cheer Check the ole-ocx-activex group. There are also several examples in the help documentation. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] ...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Dave; By this you mean allowing PB to build a COM Server? Chris "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:gm2j24hk7o0pedrhc3kudlg2tqdgs8hjei@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard i...

Yahoo.com/OneBox.com Up to Tricks?
Is Yahoo up to tricks to get people to sign up with to their new email policy that charges? I get this undeliverable message below. The message had to be delivered because the original was mailed to a mail list through my ISP mail server, and I received the same message back from the list. So it had to go through when their saying it did not. I DID NOT EVEN USE MY OLD YAHOO ACCOUNT! Notice their message wants me to reply to them. This is analogous to someone opening my regular United States Postal Service mail on its delivery route, then saying BTW we think your mail did not get ...

Web resources about - SmtpClient , sending mails to @gamil.com or @yahoo.com or @anyOtherThing.com - asp.net.getting-started