SMTP Server #5

 Hi Guys,

I'm trying to start a new bulk email campaign but my ISP told me that i can't use their SMTP server for sending mass emails.

Well, what are my options?

May i set up a virtual SMTP server on the local machine (WinXP SP3) and send the email programatically and using the local relay?

If so then is there any limitations that i should be aware of?

Btw, if i set up virtual server (SMTP) would i still use my ISP's smtp server indirectly or it has nothing to do with them/.?

KulerMaster

you need to have the MX records setup in your DNS server, the one registered with your domain with Internic.

You will also need to have the correct setup with your ISP to be able to send outgoing e-mail. You will also need to get your IP setup on various large ISP's whitelist (like AOL), etc.

Also, dont send it out as a CC or a BCC, that will break on you really quick.

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv
5/5/2009 2:40:37 AM

hi and thanks for the response.

hmm, means even if i host a domain with static IP it will not help a lot? btw, is Internic a must or i can use the other registrants e.g. godaddy?

is it free to set up IP on AOL whitelist and how do you mean don't send it out a bcc that will brake on you ...?

Thank you very much

0
KulerMaster
5/5/2009 6:54:06 AM

 You can use gmail to send emails from asp.net. Go thru the below article...

http://www.shabdar.org/send-email-using-gmail-account-asp-net-csharp.html

hope this helps

The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes
0
sreejukg

get error The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required.
 Hi,I was able to send mail with no trouble before few days.Then due to some reason, i Formatted pc &  re-installed visual studio & IIS Now when i try to send mail, i get this error.The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated.In my web.config file i write<mailSettings>      <smtp from="myemail@gmail.com">        <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="myemail" password="xxxx" defaultCredentials="fa...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

.net 3.5 SP1 issue on Server 2003 SP2. AXD response getting truncated
My asp.net application runs great on my XP Pro development box. I've tried to deploy to both our hosting facility and to a duplicated local environment on Server 2003. In both cases, I've run into an issue were the calls to WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd are having their responses truncated. When I browse the site using IE with the Nikhil Dev Helper installed and compare to a run against my XP box that works, the log is showing me all those axd calls are getting their responses truncated to just 2048 bytes. The http response packet is showing the correct content len...

SQLA 5.5.04 Open server starting
Hi all, Can any one show me how i can start dbos50.exe for SQLA 5.5? Thanks 4 u all Hammady ...

NW 6.5 SP5 server did not get the server license
I installed a second NW 6.5 SP5 Server into the tree. I have the server license installed in the .company context and both servers are under ..company context. The first server got the server license without problem. When I install the second NW 6.5 server, I got error license object cannot be created but I can fix in iManger so I continued the install. After the server installation is completed, I rebooted the server found out I don't have the NLS_LSP_SERVERNAME object for my second server. Did "setupnls" at the console prompt and the NLS_LSP_SERVERNAME object is creat...

Win2k3 Server, Novell 6.5 SBS server, Groupwise 5.5 -> Groupwise 6.5
I have a client that just recently implemented a Win2k3 server as their "main" file server. They are also currently running an old NW 4.2 SBS box with Groupwise 5.5 and we are replacing that with a new box running NW 6.5 and GW6.5 ( the users are currently authenticating to *both* servers ). Note that they will only use the NW box for Groupwise - absolutely nothing else. Given that, I have a few questions: 1. Should I remove the Novell client from each user's computer and let Groupwise handle the saving of passwords? It seems like having the Novell client is just ad...

moving gw5.5.5 from old server to gw6.5 new server
We have a new SBS6.5 server with GW6.5 installed. Would like to know the procedure to get the data, address books, etc from the old server into the new servers system. Thanks Jon This new server in the same tree as the existing setup ? If so, delete the GW system you've installed so far on the new server, move the old GW directories across, reinstall the 5.5 agents, and get the system working, then do an inplace upgrade to GW6.5 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Why would you reinstall the 5.5 age...

Net::SMTP::Server
Any idea how you return an exitcode after the $client->process step is completed? According to the perldoc, there isn't really any way to do this. I'm hoping for a loophole of sorts. -- FORCE YOURSELF TO RELAX! ...

Starting SMTP SERVER
   Dim objEmail As New MailMessage        objEmail.To = "sachdevsarika@hotmail.com"        objEmail.From = "sachdevsarika@hotmail.com"         objEmail.Subject = "Test Email"        objEmail.Body = "hi i m sarika"        objEmail.Priority = MailPriority.High        SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost"        Try     &n...

Net::SMTP #5
I'm trying to connect to a server while using a HELO <domainname> option, but no luck $smtp = Net::SMTP->new("yourdomain", Hello => "mydomain"); gives me: Invalid argument at ./verify.pl line 92, <DATA> line 16. -- When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite. -- Winston Churchill, on formal declarations of war There is no problem in this line ( only 'yourdomain' is not a qualified domainname I hope you have taken care ) There must be some other problem in the code or otherwise. If you can change the domain...

Upgrading to PB10.5 Get get it to work with Windows SErver 2000 and Citrix
Hi: We upgrading to PB10.5. Everything worked fine - except where on one server where its Windows 2000 and you go through Citrix to get to the App. In PB6.5 - this works fine - in 10.5 - nothing. The pb10.5 dll are all there. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance, John On May 17, 3:02 pm, JohnPb65 <johnp...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi: > We upgrading to PB10.5. Everything worked fine - except where on one > server where its Windows 2000 and you go through Citrix to get to the > App. > In PB6.5 - this works fine - in 10.5 - nothing. The pb10.5 dll are all > th...

Getting SQL Anywhere 5.504 to load on a Netware 5.0 server
What do I need to do to get SQL Anywhere to run on a Netware 5.0 server? We currently have SQL Anywhere 5.504 build #1867. We just upgraded the server from Netware 4.11 to Netware 5.0 , but the DBSRV50.NLM seems to be causing an ABEND:page fault processor exception error. Any info availible? Darryl Nelson Arvig Communications dnelson@eot.com Search this group for Netware 5 in the subject. The info you need should be in a recent thread. Steve Ayotte Primavera Systems, Inc. Darryl_N wrote in message ... >What do I need to do to get SQL Anywhere to run on a Netware 5...

Web resources about - SMTP Server #5 - asp.net.getting-started

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Dell announces Datacenter Scalable Solutions server line
In an effort to expand its share of the server market, Dell has announced today that it will be launching a new line of servers targeting companies ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Samsung starts mass production of 128GB DDR4 modules for enterprise servers
Samsung Electronics has announced that it is mass producing the industry's first TSV DDR4 memory in 128GB modules for enterprise servers and ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

HPE, Dell Stay Atop Growing Global Server Market
Demand for rack systems and growth of hyperscale data centers help drive growth of x86-based systems, according to IDC and Gartner analysts. ...

It's The End Of The Server As We Know It
The market for enterprise server hardware has experienced a pretty boring run, ­as the basic server building block has not changed significantly ...