Simple Project - Getting started

I have a simple project that I need a little (a lot) of assistance on.

I have a Crystal Report V10 developed that is formed off of one SQLServer table with a primary key of Ident column.
Table Name: Audit
Ident Number
Notification ID Char(10)
Printer Char(20)
Data Char(10)

I need to have an executable running that queries the Audit table for any records where status is null. When records are found I need to print the Crystal Report setting the report parameter =Ident column and then send the report to the printer specified in the printer column. When successful, I need to update the status of the record with 'Printed'. If Failed I need to write to a log file an error message with the Ident number. The continuous loop will pause for 30 seconds before requiry the table and print any more records that have appeared.
I am very new to developing in the .net environment and have downloaded the Microsoft asp.net Web Matrix as a development platform. Unfortunately I can't even seem to get any of the Crystal Report controls added to my project.
If anyone can get me started I would be greatly appreciated.
0
molonede

How to set Thunderbird to start or to not start when Windows starts?
New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics. I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want it to start each time at boot up. Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when Windows starts in WinXP ? I have looked in the registry, in the profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section. Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070709080209030101050405 Content...

Start stop and then start again
Name: Bill Butler Email: b143datearthlinkdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Start stop and then start again Comments: FireFox starts microsoft reports that it must shut down then I restart it and all is well. I uninstalled it, and downloaded fresh, installed and it does the same thing. Windows XP, updated daily. ??????????????????????? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Starting allready started!?!
I started develop sites, when I was young with ASP, just for curiosity, and so on carry it like a hobby. Today I’m creating a forum in ASP.Net, which I wished have the same editing text like we’ve here in learn visual studio, but anyway, now I want get some money from it. Haven’t been easy to do this forum, but I think I can handle it. This forum have criptografation, because only restricted people can enter in this app, every discussion is recorded in an XML file. Well I’m thinking that I’m doing a good Job. So how much should I ask for it? Is measuring how much I suffer to get it? ...

Start up when Windows starts up?
Name: Christopher Bothma Email: chrisjboatgmaildotcom Product: Sunbird Summary: Start up when Windows starts up? Comments: I think that Sunbird is a wonderful application, as I only discovered it a few days ago. However, it would be nice if I could select it to start automatically when Windows starts up, as I can't seem to find it. Reason being is that I have set tasks and reminders, but if I haven't launched Sunbird, it doesn't alert me if I'm busy with other applications. It would be cool to have the option to alert me as soon as windows has started. ...

If you were starting to scope a .NET project *now*...
.... and wanted to start the serious development work in March '04, would you feel that it's not quite right to do it in ASP.NET 1.1? Would you think "it's so close to spring 2004 when Whidbey will be available that I should just wait until then"? If development estimate times are made based on knowledge of 1.1, would they be way off (i.e. too much time alloted) if Whidbey suddenly became available in early early spring and we just decided to start off with that instead of 1.1? Are there even any guarantees that the Whidbey beta (not release version even, right? "only" be...

Cant Start VB.net Web Project ????
My questions are probally two part, but lets see. I am running Windows 2003 server with IIS6 and .NET framework 1.1 for my web server. I am running Windows XP prof on a different box on the LAN as well. I am trying to get some experience with ASP.net and am trying to create a simple application to calculate a mortgage payment using VB.NET as the project development environment. The Box I am trying to create this application on is the XP box while using the server for the ASP functionality. The book I am reading gives me a VB.NET example of this and has me open a VB.NET web applica...

How to clear the list of projects on the Start Page of VS.NET
Hey does anyone know how to clear the list of Existing Projects on the Projects tab (the start page) for VS.NET . It's showing projects in the list that I haven't worked on in months and I would like to clean it up a little bit. Any help is appreciated!In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. I believe if you look under your windows explorer at this directory C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Recent you should be able to clean this up.Eric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance E...

Choose Which Extensions Start at Start Up
Name: Tim O. Email: vis.314.15 (-at-) gmail (-dot-) com Product: Firefox Summary: Choose Which Extensions Start at Start Up Comments: This is a really good feature, I just thought about. what the feature does is you can choose which extension(s) start on start up. So, firefox can start up faster. And to make it even faster each extension can have it's own prefs/config/ext. file, in stead of putting it's data in the prefs.ini file to make firefox start up very fast. And to start an extension all you have to do is use it and it will automaticly start up. Hope this feat...

How can we remove one project from start-up page in .net framework
Hi, When we open .net framework, in the start-up page it's coming with all projects' list. I have 4 projects in that list. I want to remove one project from that list without deleting that project from my computer. i.e. Projects Find Samples Name Modified pro1 yesterday pro2 yesterday pro3 8/9/2004 pro4 4/4/2004 So, I want to remove pro4 from this list, without deleting that project from wwwroot (from my computer). Thanks in advance, -Chintan...

process.start not starting on server
Hello, I have a web service that calls and external process (cmd.exe) from my .net code. The process starts and runs successfully in my ide, but it doesn't even start on the server. This is a win 2003 server. I gave the network service and aspnet accounts read/write permission to the system32 folder, but the process still does not start. What other permissions need to be set? I'm using the following code:System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo("C:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe"); psi.UseShellExecute = false;psi.RedirectSt...

how start sybase at linux start up?
I run $sybase_path/install/startserver -f RUN_TEST at my linux startup rc file,but I just go cannot execute file RUN_TEST. I think its because of the permission,but how cant I do?thanks! On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 07:50:16 -0800, mudg wrote: > I run $sybase_path/install/startserver -f RUN_TEST at my linux startup rc > file,but I just go cannot execute file RUN_TEST. > I think its because of the permission,but how cant I do?thanks! Here is the init.d file that is distributed with Sybase 11.0.3.3. I use it as the basis for the rc scripts that I use. Michael -- Michael Pepp...

net start
Hi, having problems with the simple command net stop sqlagent$MYSQLNAME it give me an 1060 error. im running Windows 2003 standard and sql 2000 ...

how to start project
well i was using ASP now i am going to use dynamic application which is based on multiple companies well my sanario is 1- i hava a table which has diffrent company code and name 2- then i have another table which has diffrent user with repect to company code 3- when i open defult page it will show "company code", "user name" and "passward" 4- then it will get all data from all table with respect to company code 5- and then start other form is there have session i am going to use dynamic data web site plase help me how and where should i start my proj...

Start Find when you start typing?
I forget -- how do you tell FF to start searching the page simply by typing in the word you're looking for? A shortcut to bypass Ctrl-F? -- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Bend, Oregon "mike elliott" ... > I forget -- how do you tell FF to start searching the page simply by > typing in the word you're looking for? A shortcut to bypass Ctrl-F? // Mike It's call Quick Find start typing after a single quote use F3 to repeat find as with normal find > "mike elliott" ... >> I forget -- how do you tell FF to start sear...

Web resources about - Simple Project - Getting started - asp.net.getting-started

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Carrie Bickmore left mortified after 'Big Breast League' gaffe on The Project
First it was Emma Alberici. Now Carrie Bickmore has also fallen victim to an embarrassing on-air gaffe. The Project host jumbles her words on ...

The Project’s Carrie Bickmore in ‘Big breast’, Big Bash League gaffe
THE Project’s co-host Carrie Bickmore isn’t a stranger to live on-air gaffes, but her latest one had viewers in stitches.

Carrie Bickmore left mortified after 'Big Breast League' gaffe on The Project
First it was Emma Alberici. Now Carrie Bickmore has also fallen victim to an embarrassing on-air gaffe. The Project host jumbles her words on ...

Google expands ‘Project Sunroof’ to more homeowners
Google is expanding the reach of an online service that aims to make it easier to judge the costs and benefits of installing solar panels on ...

16 Photography Projects for 2016
Maybe you've decided that your goal this year is to improve your photography. One of the best ways is to start one of the many photography projects ...

China’s United PV Secures $1.5 Billion Funding To Acquire Solar Power Projects
One of China’s rapidly emerging solar power project developers and operators, United PV, has secured a fresh credit line to expand its footprint ...

Downton Abbey creator's next project
Creator of hit historical melodrama "Downton Abbey," Julian Fellowes's next project will be a serialized novel released digitally.