shopping cart in VB.NET, uses SQL server express edition 2005, anyone?

Hello i want to create a shopping cart which uses SQL server express 2005 as the database for my school project...Any good tutorials for this?

0
singapork

Perhaps you can delve in to the source code of some of the open source offerings out there? Maybe DotShoppingCart or dashCommerce, both of which you can find links to on the Starter Kits and Community Projects page.

Gavin Harriss
Portfolio: www.gavinharriss.com
0
gavinharriss
7/7/2008 10:01:48 AM

Thank you very much for the suggestion! :)  my friend gave me a great shopping cart code which uses VB.net and SQL server express edition!

Once again, thanks :)

0
singapork

Can not get vb.net site working with SQL 2005 Express edition and IIS 6
Hi,  I was wondering if someone can help.  I am trying to get a vb.net web site I have developed local on machine working on a Windows 2003 server running sql 2005 express edition and IIS6. The site works fine if I view it  via Visual Web Developer 2008 on the machine but encounter an error when trying to run it through my local pc browser. Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from be...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

SQL server 2005 Express edition and .Net Framework
I am facing some problem in displaying the dynamic contents in the web page. Sometimes it is dispaying the results and sometimes doesn't show the result. we are using SQL Server 2005 express edition as database and .Net framework 3.5 on Windows 2003 server web edition regards, Kumar .K      Hi Kumar, Could you please provide more detail? How do you retrieve and display the data from SQL Server? Are there any error messages when it fails? Since the application doesn’t show the result at times, I think the connection information is all right and suggest you check t...

VS.net 2003 and SQL server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,  I am a beginner to VS.net.I have VS.net 2003 (IIS 5.1) on a WIndows XP media centre edition. I intend to use SQL server 2005 express edition with it. Is it adviceable? Are there any compatibility issues? I am sorry if this query is too simplistic. thnks sat ...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with .NET Framework 1.0 ?
Hi all. I am using Microsoft Visual Basic .Net 2002 with .NET Framework 1.0. I want to install free SQL Server database. I want to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition but it requires .NET Framework 2.0. If I installed MSDE 2000, it doesnt have that Enterprise Manager.So, how is this possible for me to use the free SQL Server with that Enterprise Manager ? Thanks in advance.   MSDE has no interface, so download .NET Framework 2.0 , then download MS SQL Server 2005 Express, then dowload MS SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express (the interface).All that can be downloaded...

Using VB.NET to export data from SQL Server 2005 to Excel
Hi There, I just want to know how to export data from SQL Server 2005 to an excel spread sheet, using VB.NET?ThanksSJB  Everytime I should export data from SQL to Excel with code, I simply create a ; seperated file (*.csv). So if you want to do the same you can simply use ADO.Net to query your database and get a result set from your tables. Walk trough the rows and get its value and create a textfile with the System.IO namespace. The file can look like: column1;column2;column3 value1;value2;value3 value1;value2;value3 The first row can if you want have the name of the column tha...

Creating a .NET Stored Procedure in Sql Server 2005 Express Edition
Could somebody tell me how do we create a .NET Stored Procedure in Sql Server 2005 Express Edition and deploy and debug it against the database from Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Web Developer?  Can some one also let me know which approach is faster among .NET stored procedure or T-SQL stored procedure? Regards... Shashi Kumar Nagulakonda.  Shashi Kumar NagulakondaXinthe Technologies I can't help you with the first question. The answer to the second question is obviously it depends.  As far as I know (and I know very little about .NET sps), given the same task, the T-SQL...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

VB.NET Codebehind Code to Update SQL Server 2005 Using SQLDataSource Control?
Hi, I am a newbie in using ASP.NET 2.0 and ADO.NET.  I wrote a hangman game and want to record statistics at the end of each game.  I will create and update records in the database for each authenticated user as well as a record for the Anonymous, unauthenticated user.  After a win or loss has occurred, I want to programmatically use the SQLDataSource control to increment the statistics counters for the appropriate record in the database (note I don't want to show anything or get user input for this function). I need a VB.NET codebehind example that will show me how I sho...

Web resources about - shopping cart in VB.NET, uses SQL server express edition 2005, anyone? - asp.net.getting-started

Shopping (InoueYōsuiOkudaTamio album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the first album by InoueYosuiOkudaTamio, the duo consisting of Japanese singer-songwriters Yōsui Inoue and Tamio Okuda . It was released ...

3 Holiday Movie Quotes That Describe This Season’s Biggest Shopping Trends
... from Kevin McCallister , George Bailey and The Grinch himself. Crowdtap recently polled more than 500 U.S. adults to explore their shopping ...

These are some of the best ways to help reduce risk when shopping online
Online shopping has made it easier than ever for people to find and purchase anything they could possibly want — from groceries and books to ...

​Is shopping on Christmas Day the next retail push?
Almost one out of five consumers say they'd shop on the holiday, and one expert predicts it's inevitable

Must see TV? A home shopping network for...guns
A new home shopping channel is set to hit cable next month, but don't expect to see sweaters, dresses or jewelry there.

IDG Contributor Network: Target prepping stores with 'no shopping cart, no bag'
... corporate has a vision of a new kind of physical store to compete with online rivals, one that attempts to sidestep the drudgery of shopping ...

Is Shopping On Christmas Day The Next Big Thing In Retail?
For better or worse, we’ve come to a point where shopping on Thanksgiving day is no longer a fringe case. But what about Dec. 25? With the exception ...

Former Football Star Takes South Carolina Flood Victims On Christmas Shopping Spree
Former Football Star Takes South Carolina Flood Victims On Christmas Shopping Spree

IBM, The North Face, Fluid Team on Watson-Based Shopping Aide
The North Face is using an IBM Watson-powered system from Fluid to drive an online shopping assistant for consumers.

Tim Cook's Christmas List? Analyst's Apple Shopping List Includes GoPro, Box, Tesla
Apple has the cash to go on a spending spree, but it would be a departure from its years-long resistance to big takeovers.