setting user control property from the properties window

I have a public string property in the my user control that i want to be visible in the properties window when i add the user control to another page. i know that i have to use  something like [Browsable ... etc] but it's not working for me. i've read many articles and posts but it's not making any sense.
0
daemon74

im doing this but it's not appearing in the properties window:

private string title;
[Browsable(true)]
public string Title
{
get { return title;}
set { title = value;}
}

I want to be able to set title from the properties window, what else do i need to do?
0
daemon74
12/22/2003 7:05:06 PM
help me please.. this is very important for my project. if anything is not understood please let me know.

Thank you
0
daemon74

Adding a property to a user control, setting property at design time, then using value in control markup
 I have made a custom control that outputs a bunch of html. I have added a property through the code behind like this:  private string sectionID; public string SectionID { get { return sectionID; } set { sectionID = value; } } This property is now showing up in Intellisense, and I can specify the value when adding the control to my page like this: <ccl:MyControl runat="server" SectionID="2" /> I now want to use this value in the markup that the control outputs. I thi...

making user control property appear in property window
How can I make a property of one of my custom user controls appear in the property window in visual studio.net? I would like to be able to change the value of the property from there instead of needing to go to the code to change it. Is it possible? or do can it only be done with server controls?...

how to set and get properties of user control on webform
Hi i am a newbiei just want  to know how to set and get the propeties of user control which is placed on the webform.i tried doing it by writing the properties on the user control.and but unable to set the value of the textbox.  This is my code.UserControl.ascx.cspublic string FirstName        {            get            {                return txtFname.Text;        &nbs...

Getting value of a property in Parent User control from a Child user control
I have a ChildUserControl that is loaded inside a ParentUserControl. The host page loads ParentUserControl.I would need to access properties in ParentUserControl from the ChildUserControl.Thanks for your time Here's some ideas: You can from the child access the parent and run findcontrol. child.parent.findcontroL("indyanguy1") child.parent.parent.findcontrol("indyanguy1") The trick is when you get your findcontrol working to cast the result to the object type your looking forHere I'm looking for a label so I cast to label then I can use the .Text property.Y...

User Control Property Persistence
I have a user control that's rendered in a data bound List View, for example:<asp:ListView ID="ListBuildings" DataSourceId="ListDataSource" runat="server"><ItemTemplate>    <custom:Rater ID="Rater" BuildingId='<%# Eval("BuildingId")%>' runat="server" /></ItemTemplate></asp:ListView> I set a custom property on my user control called BuildingId, but on post backs I'm not finding the BuildingId property set to what I set it to in the through the list view's databind...

Set User Control Properties at run time (for same user control used more than once on the same page)
I have a user control which contains some textboxes and radio buttons. I have created public properties on the user control so that they can be access from the page using the UserControl.I load the user control dynamically into my parent page. I do this 3 times for the same user control, and I set the properties for the user control at run time to populate the radiobutton list and textbox.The problem is that even tough each of the UserControls load, only the first one populates its textboxes/radiobutton lists.p.s I am not using a reader purposefully because there are...

Get page controls property in User control
I have a aspx page and there is a button. I want to access this button properties in my User control. How can I do so.Yes the user control is on my aspx page You can find the button with the FindControl method. Button btnFoo = (Button)Page.FindControl("buttonId"); string id = btnFoo.id;Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” so I know if my answer was good enough for you. Thanks.  this does not work. It returns me null.To be clear button is on my web page aspx and want to access its properties on the user control ascx Is you button nested in other controls? (eg...

User Control inside a FormView- Cant access GET/SET properties
I have a user control where I have a formview and a table.  The table has two text boxes.  I want to write GET/SET properties for these textboxes so they are available to use on my default.aspx page.  Here is the code for user control: <%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="ucSum.ascx.vb" Inherits=ucSum" %> <asp:FormView ID ="fv1" runat = "server"> <itemTemplate> <Table border="0" cellpadding="0">   <TR>     <TD> <asp:TextBox ID ="txtRent" runat="server"></asp:Textbox></TD><...

VS Net Property Window Functionality w/ User Created Controls?
I am familiar with making my own .ascx user controls, but the ones I make are always the same. (ie displays exactly the same no matter where in the app I drop it). I want to make one that has a few changeable properties. Specifically, I want to make a control that opens a pop-up window when some text in it is clicked. However, I want to be able to change the url that opens in the window as well as the text you click, so that each occurrence of the control will be slightly different. How do I make it so that I can drop the control and simply edit properties in my property window (or change pr...

Property is not setting in custom control property
hi ,         I am adding an image control programmatically in a webpartzone which is adding successfully but the properties i am setting in image control are not setting .following is the code that i am using .the code 'img.ImageUrl = "~/images/atlas_title.jpg"     do not set the property in it.Dim webmgr As WebPartManager = WebPartManager.GetCurrentWebPartManager(Me)Dim img As New Web.UI.WebControls.Imageimg.ID = "Img"'img.ImageUrl = "~/images/atlas_title.jpg"     ...

How to set control properties when loading user controls dynamically?
I find a lot information on loading the user control, but how to set their properties? you need to cast the control object returned by LoadControl to the actual type of your control.  once you do that, then you can access custom properties. Because of the compilation model of a web though, that type is usually not available.  To get around that, you can: Drag/drop that usercontrol onto the page - then delete it.  this will register the usercontrol with the page making its type available. or... implement an interface in your user control that exposes the properties y...

Setting Property On User Control On Parent Control At Run Time
I have an ASPX page with a custom user control. I need to set the paramters at run-time, but the user control isn't getting the parameter set.Here's what I'm doing in the parent page:   //UserControl UC= (UserControl)Page.FindControl("UC");   UC.Attributes["Attribute1"] = Attribute1;My User Control has a public string class level variable called Attribute1.I also tried this:http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Article/E1F97CE9-7834-46FA-BED9-866F720AB013.dcikHowever, that caused a System.StackOverflowException.  I know that this is caused by something being called ...

The properties of User WebControl are not shown in the property window
Hi all ! I made a web user control (.ascx) file. But it does not show any property in the property window.. where as if i drag a textbox or any other control i can set it properties.. e.g. each control has a CssClass property but the web user control doesnt have it.. Can any one tell me how to implement it Thanx in advance Web User Controls can not set properties. If you want to create a control that gives you properties you need to build a Custom Web Form Control, not a Web User Control. Which can be a painful process if you do not know what you are doing. What exactly ...

User control with Property to connect to other user control
Hi,I'm a bit a newb to ASP.NET ;)I want to create a user control which can be connected to another user control. So I did the following:   Private IntBreadcrumbsControl As MenuControl <Category("CMS"), Description("Set the MenuControl that displays the breadcrumbs"), Browsable(True)> _ Public Property BreadcrumbsControl() As MenuControl Get Return IntBreadcrumbsControl End Get Set(ByVal value As MenuControl) IntBreadcrumbsControl = value End Set End Property Unfortunat...

Web resources about - setting user control property from the properties window - asp.net.getting-started

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Fluffy buyback extended to neighbouring properties that share a wall
... Fluffy buyback and demolition Chief Minister Andrew Barr extended the Fluffy buyback and demolition scheme on Tuesday to include some properties ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

One missing as bushfire threatens properties north of Lancefield, central Victoria
UPDATE: AN elderly man is missing as crews work to protect rural properties under threat from a 3000ha bushfire that continues to burn out of ...

Golden Mile a 'basketcase' as commercial properties lose value
Kings Cross will never again function as Sydney's late-night entertainment precinct, property owners say, with residential developers snapping ...

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...