server side or client side page?

a page that contain a validation control and starting a storeProcedures when the user click on a button --is considered as a client side page or as a server side page?
it seems to me that in asp.net everthing is server side, where are the client side pages?
thanks
0
ppl1

The sp is server side, but the validation can be on or the other, depending on how it's coded.

ASP.Net has it's validations, so it's server side when using them.
But you can also make validations via JavaScript, so that would be client side.

Zath

0
Zath
6/16/2005 2:10:40 PM

but the validation controls (like RequiredFiledValidator) is a client side validation...,isnt that right?

because i know that if any of the validators are found to be on error the submission of the form to the server is cancelled...
so is there something that is done on the client side in asp.net?
thanks for the help

0
ppl1
6/16/2005 3:32:30 PM
 ppl1 wrote:

but the validation controls (like RequiredFiledValidator) is a client side validation...,isnt that right?

because i know that if any of the validators are found to be on error the submission of the form to the server is cancelled...

Yes the RequiredFieldValidator does the client side validation
 ppl1 wrote:

so is there something that is done on the client side in asp.net?
thanks for the help

You can do so many things on client side and you should do so many things on client side to minimize postbacks if possible. So what exactly is that you are asking. Usually you use javascript to do client side stuff..

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
6/16/2005 4:04:53 PM
ok...so lets go back to my first question-> a page that contain a validation control and starting a storeProcedures when the user click on a button --is considered as a client side page or as a server side page?
0
ppl1
6/16/2005 5:19:26 PM
 ppl1 wrote:
ok...so lets go back to my first question-> a page that contain a validation control and starting a storeProcedures when the user click on a button --is considered as a client side page or as a server side page?

A webpage physically is considered a client side output for the asp.net server side processing. Asp.net uses browser to show its output to the user in the form of a web page. So, a webpage is a client side entity. Server wouldnt know anything about it after it outputs the html into the browser. Now, when the user clicks on the button, the page gets postback to the server. In here there are several things that goes on. The event of user clicking the button will be a client side event, and the page postbacks and server does some processing in response to the user action, which is button click event.

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
6/16/2005 6:50:58 PM
ok thanks for the help
0
ppl1
6/16/2005 7:29:51 PM
Hi ,

Answering your question, calling a Stored Procedure is a Server Side call.

A page can contain server as well as client side technologies.

Hope it helps
Shahram
0
shahramk

How can i create get values from Opened page in client side to my first page(server page)
i have a little bit problem that my Server page has coding like this : btn.attributes.add("onclick()",getdata()) and one text box is txt1 now when user clicks it Button btn then getdata function  executes ok client page function getdata(){ response.redirect("hello.aspx") } now on hello.aspx has 1 textbox txt2   now what ever the data has been inputted by user in (client side textbox) txt2 i want to assign it to txt1 (server side )conrtol on server pls help me send me code ...  Jay "Enjoy Life" When you do the redirect from Page #2 back to Page...

Getting my client-side variable over to server-side
Ok so I have looked at a few posts on this subject and I can't quite figure out how to apply the idea to what I am doing here. I am using javascript to take amounts from 7 different textboxes and add them up on the fly, dropping the total in the 8th textbox. After they fill in that information they click button (postback) to continue throughout the form... what I need is for the "textboxTotalAmt" to move from client-side to server-side.  So I can access that total amount later in the form. Here is the Javascript piece... <script type="text/java...

get server side datetime but run at client side
How do I get the server side datetime eg( 4 Aug 2006  6:12 : 01(seconds) AM  ) which the time is something similiar to ticking clock, once it get the server side datetime, it will pass to the javascript. From javascript it will increment the second by one, it is just similiar to ticking clock, after 10 seconds it will synchronize to the server datetime which means it get the latest server side datetime.   Is there any guide ? thanks in advance!!!kiwi_cyh Hi, It seems you want to synchronize the time in client side display with the server. You can use asynchronous clie...

How to get the Client side values in server side code.
Hi all, i have a proble i need to get the client side javascript values in C# code at server side. how can i pass those values? i am using version 1.1, i kno thatwe can use callback events mechnisam in 2.0 or ajax ,apart from that how we can pass? My problem is i need to stop the execution of the code based on after reciving values from the client   any ideas please???   Million thanks RamCheersRam MCP Hello Ram, a common approach is from javascript set an hidden field, then issue a postback. On the server-side, handle the post-back. Feel free to go deeper in your que...

How to get innerText from IFrame (on server-side / on client-side)
Hi, is there some posibility how to read inner text from IFRAME on server-side ?I've tested it with innerText and InnerHtml but it doesnt work I also tested it on client-side with JavaScript but I'm still not able to read innerText or innerHTML of that frame. <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="AJAX_Test.WebForm1" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head runat="server"> <title&...

Getting hidden variable value from server side in client side
hi,        I am struck in problem. I have a hidden field in my form and i am setting some value in that.         Now i wnt to use this value from client side but i m not able to retrieve it. All i am getting there is an object.         I feel the hidden field is not able to hold that value.         <input type="hidden" id="hdnVar" runat="server" />         in code behind      ...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

accessing a server side function in a parent page from a server side function found in a page in an iframe
I was wondering if this was possible. I current have a page with a menu where when a menu item is clicked the iframe directly underneath would populate with a specified page based on menu item. From here I would like to access a function based in the parent page when something in the iframe is accessed. Or the very least access the attributes such as the height or width of the main window compared to the iframe from the iframe's page's server function. I am trying to display a separate window for the user through javascript like a modal window which i want to fill up the whole ...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

Web resources about - server side or client side page? - asp.net.getting-started

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Intel: Deutsche Bank Models Altera Contribution to Server Biz
Shares of Intel ( INTC ) are down 35 cents, or 1%, at $34.63, after the company this morning announced the formal closing of its $17 billion ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Quanta, Wiwynn to compete for orders for servers small- to medium-size datacenters
As competition for orders for datacenter-use servers from Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft has become intense and the companies have added ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...