Server Error in '/' Application......help

I bought new hosting but getting the following error, the same app. is working at one free server. The guys at hosting company could'nt figure out this. I tried things what are suggested in this error but to no avail.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

0
akrashdi

hello, why don't you add the following into your web.config file

and make sure you are using components that can be run on the new hosting company !!!!

regards !!!
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
3/18/2004 2:42:00 PM
AA Bilal,

Now, there is some problem with connection string, It says : "Only elements allowed".
Heres my complete web.config, can you please figure out what I'm doing wrong in it.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConString" value="Driver={SQL Server};Server=EDTWEB04;Database=limosoftcom;DSN=;UID=limos425;PWD=ftcom4789" />
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="AuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" />
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Regards,
Amir
0
akrashdi
3/18/2004 3:26:50 PM
Hello, i guess now the problem is with your database connection, try to visit this web article to know how to set a correct connection:

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

check for your right connectionstring and use it, i guess you're using SQL server, so choose the sql server provider,

regards !!!!
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
3/18/2004 4:36:37 PM
..

Usually the hosting companies provide sample connection strings, and those always work, as I have a free server they provided me a sample connection string which is perfectly working with my app.
The connection string I'm using in my web.config is also provided by the hosting company I bought service from but its not working, and they don't take any responsibility for that.
:(
Regards,
Thanks for your help
0
akrashdi
3/18/2004 5:08:05 PM
hello, why don't you think os moving from ur hosting company, try 7host.com
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

Getting error : Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, The application was working fine when I ran it in my local computer but as I uploaded it to the internet server. It s giving me bunch of errors. I changed the "localhost" in the web.config file to the server IP but it s still giving me a new error. I created a database with a same name 'Portal' in MS SQL and also checked if the database is running ok. Does anybody have any idea what I need to do in order to get this thing running. The error is : Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

help about 'website http://localhost/dirname/appname' is not started on this server'-error
i am completly new for asp.net. by the way, When I open my project lately, everytime it reports a dialog saying... "Visual Studio .NET cannot run or create application. website 'http://localhost/asp/student' is not started on this web server." even i create a new project at that time same error occurs. "asp" is folder in which i create "student" application which was stored by default in c:\inetpub\wwwroot. anyone have any idea? please send me solution about that. check that the Default website is running in IIS. Control Pannle->...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message
I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?Here is the message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error ...

Help with Server Error in '/' Application
 hi whenever i try to go enter some site this comes up, does anyone know how to fix this. i am using window xp home thanks, Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: The source code that generated this unhandled excep...

Help me for Server Error in '/' Application.
I am getting an errorServer Error in '/' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an app...

Help!! Server Error in '/' Application.
Hi Everyone,  I'm having some problems I need help with...  When I run my asp.net vb app in Visual Studio, it works fine, when I run it on a IIS server, when I login, it errors out! Any code that doesn't login works fine. I incorporated my ASPNETDB tables into an access database with a C# membership class.  I am using an Access data as my provider, Here is a portion of my web config. I have been searching foumns and such for the last two days.  Thanks Bill  <connectionStrings> <add name="Green CardConnectionString"connectionString=&...

Server Error in '/' Application...Help!!!!!!!!
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am using the new VS2008 and when I run it locally it works great. But when I upload it to an IIS7 Server it blowsup every time, and no matter what I do it justs keeps doing the same thing. Here is the Error message that I get and it is the same everytime.  Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!   Server Error in '/' Application. Request is not available in this context Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and...

server error in '/' Application Incorrect syntax near ','.
This code used to work now I get an error(error follows code)  can anyone tell me where I went wrong?[vbcode]i = 0            For i = 0 To 7                If requests(i) <> "" Then                    request = requests(i)                    Dim sql1 As String =...

When trying to connect to a datasource I get error server error in '/Test Data' Application
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Source Error: Line 29: { Line 30: // fill teh data set. Line 31: oleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet21); Line 32: // Update teh DataGrid Line 33: DataGrid1.DataBind();David StoutSystems ProgrammerRegency Homesragbrai65@yahoo.com could you post your code in particular the connection string. using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; u...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

PLEASE HELP! Server Error in '/' Application.
 I've tried to find an answer to this question but as of yet haven't.  Let me preface this by saying that I don't really know much about asp.net as I'm just beginning to learn about it.  I followed the simple steps to set up my personal web page, made sure asp.net 2.0 is set up on my host/server and copied/ftp'd my site to the host.  I previously deleted off of it anything that was there, so there should be no file on the server that is causing problems there.  But when I try to pull up my page in a browser this is what I get: Server Error in '/' Application. ...

help! Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
When I finish install the dnn2.0 , the page beccome: Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was...

Web resources about - Server Error in '/' Application......help - asp.net.getting-started

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...