Seperating Admin code in code-behind from general code

Hi guys,  I just want to know if it would improve the functioning of my site to create two seperate dlls: One of the dll's would contain all the code for the general functioning of the site, and the other dll would contain all of the code for the administration elements of the site.

Thanks GP
0
gp_330

To code or not to code?
The rise of Open Source software adoption has brought with it increased awareness of non-proprietary programming technologies. http://www.itnews.com.au/Feature/4593,to-code-or-not-to-code.aspx -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

what about the code-behind (code behind)
One MAJOR difference between AJAX.NET and Atlas.NET seems to be that AJAX.NET is able to expose methods in your codebehind to the client. Why doesn't Atlas do this? Or am I mistaken? With AJAX.NET it's just a simple line or two:  Ajax.Utility.RegisterTypeForAjax(GetType(myClass)) <Ajax.AjaxMethod()>Public Function myFunction PLEASE tell me Atlas has something comparable to this. I don't have the time to rewrite all my code-behind methods in javascript or atlas script. All you need to do in Atlas to expose a method on your page (or its code behind class) is to put a [WebMet...

Code Behind or not Code Behind
Ok i am confuse now.... A lot of books are showing pages without code behind (the code is integrated in the .aspx) Is it better to use the code behind or not. Is there any difference between using VB.NET or C#.NET except for the code synthax. Thank you and come again. A lot of samples show inline code just for simplicity.. i personally use code-behind because I like to seperate my code from presentation. As for VB.NET or C#, its your preference.. there is no difference really when its all said and done. From a purely mathematical sense, having everything in a single file would s...

Code Behind vs Code Seperation
The pre-whidbey code-behind model used inheritance which had plusses and minuses from a development perspective. The new model uses partial classes for web environments. After some experimenting with Whidbey I'm becoming somewhat anxious as to the new programming model. It seems that I will be unable to seperate logic completely from user interface, as with the current model, I can build the assembly for the application and deploy it, and leave the aspx files seperate from the assembly. This allows us to change the user interface after deployment, or provide quick hotfixes by overrid...

reusable code
 I have a page of code that instead of putting it in each pags code behind, I would like to be able to jsut include it in the code behind of each page so that it gets executed each time. This way I could jsut edit the one file and th changes woudl be site wide in thepages that have this as an include in the code behind file.What is the bet way to do that? Any examples?Thanks Hi, You could create a base class for the code-behind classes (put every code-behind class to derive from this common base class), when changes to the base class would apply to the derived classes.Thanks,Teemu Ke...

Code-Behind versus Code-Inside and Code-Beside
Can someone explain to me how the code gets compiled when you do code-inside (like in webmatrix) as oposed to code-behind? WHen you do the code-behind I know all the code gets compiled at compile-time into a dll assembly. And I think that code-inside gets compiled at run-time. But what if you have a mixture of the two and you have a dll assembly with code-beside modules, how do they get compiled into the assembly? Maybe I'm wrong or confused, can someone clarify? I'm also aware of the Visual Studio 2005 code-beside also, will that change anything? thanks, Frank For a general...

Code behind vrs. non code behind in VS.NET 2003
Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages are for using code behind vrs. non code behind in Visual Studio.Net 2003? One important difference is that you are able to separate the design of a web site from the code. This makes for ease of maintainablity and much more structured applications. If you ever worked with classic ASP the code-behind is a great invention. sivilianMy Weblogs...

To Code Behind or Not Code Behind, That is the Question...
I have been working in ASP.Net 1.0 for several years.  I have just begun using 2.0 and I am really liking it. I understand how to create pages with code in the page and code behind the page.  I'm just not clear on what is considered the preferred method. I am about to start a new application and I would like to do it the recommended way. Are there any opinions on this already, something I should be reading? Thanks a lot,Chris Hi,  Generally, code behind, or code behind files are recommended, as they make applications easier to debug and rework.  I guess that the thi...

get source code of an iframe in code behind
Hello,I'd like to get the entire source of an iframe (= same as right click-view source) in the code behind.I have tried several ways without success.. So instead of showing 10 pages of non working codes, I'll just hope someone has a good suggestion for me...For info, don't know if it matters for the problem, in my case, the source is displayed fine in the iframe and it is XML. Regards,NNM Validation Complete========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========I'll always mark your post(s) as answer when it is! The problem you are running int...

Using App_Code shared code in page code-behind AND code-front
Hi all, I've only just come across what seems to be the 'correct' way of making use of shared code in my .Net sites: I code some classes in a .cs (in my case - i'm using c#) file. I then put them inside namespaces. To make use of the classes in the code-behind of my web pages, I simply add a "using MyNamespace;" line at the top, and then I can make use of a class' contents like so: "MyClass1.MyString1(SomeVariablesToSend)". Now that works fine when working in the codebehind, but what happens when I want to call the class/string from my code-fron...

java style inline coding or mix inline code with code behind

Code generation in Microsoft.net ( code that writes code ) Whats its future
Hello, I was just reading a book about Code Generation in .NET. Its damn hard book to read. What do u think is the future of Code GenerationHighOnCodingWanna get high! It's being used now quite a bit. Not necessarily out the box click a button, and you get an application, but applications will generate specific code to function dynamically.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. the refactoring tools already available (and those that are destined for the new IDE) use the same techniques. we will pr...

Get html code of aspx page from code behind
Hi all, Do you how we can do what I mention in the title?Example: aspx code <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Header.aspx.cs" Inherits="Header" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <!--js--> <script type='text/javascript'> alert('hello'); </script> <!--/js-->  Is there any way that in the code behind I can have the above string?. Actually I like to ge...

Code Behind code problem
Hi, I am working with Visual Studio .NET, I know that the environment creates a code behind class that inherits from the System.Web.UI.Page class. Nevertheless, I want to create my own code behind class that I will insert between the Page class and the code behind class generated from the ASPX file. which will help me to provide common fonctionality for my ASP pages. The inheritance hierarchy is the floowing : ASP_Page inherits MyCodeBehind which in turns inherits the Page class. It is how I assume that it should work. But I tried to do it and it never worked, is there anyone her...

Web resources about - Seperating Admin code in code-behind from general code - asp.net.getting-started

Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

How Heartbleed Works: The Code Behind the Internet's Security Nightmare
By now you've surely heard of Heartbleed, the hole in the internet's security that exposed countless encrypted transactions to any attacker who ...

Anatomy of an interactive: a look at the code behind our Second Screen
... and Paralympics coming to town, this presented the perfect opportunity to try it on. Being mainly responsible for the client-side code, I'll ...