Sending email error #2

Hi,

I am getting "CDO Object error". I know many of you have already faced this error and solved it. So do I but now I am not able to solve it. I have done everything. I have given ASPNET account permission to send emails. I have also changed the relay settings. I restarted the IIS but still no use.

Here is my simple code for sending emails:

public int SendEmail(string emailTo, string message)
        {
            try
            {

                MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();
                mail.To = "iamazam@hotmail.com";
                mail.From = "azamsharp@gmail.com";
                mail.Subject = "Code Samples from AzamSharp";
                mail.Body = message;
                mail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;
                //SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost";
                //SmtpMail.SmtpServer.Insert(0,"localhost");

                SmtpMail.Send(mail);
                return 1;
            }
            catch(Exception ex)
            {
                string innerException = ex.InnerException.Message;
                string exception = ex.Message;
                return 0;

            }

        }

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

Well now the CDO error is gone and no exception is being generated. But I am recieving emails at my account !

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

After upgrading from 2 to 3, get error when sending email
Name: Chris Product: Thunderbird Summary: After upgrading from 2 to 3, get error when sending email Comments: I do all the "computer" stuff for my parents, and decided to upgrade from Thunderbird 2 to 3 since I was over. The upgrade process seemed to go quite well, but after upgrading, attempting to send an email resulted in a security error message. After spending 15 minutes hunting through settings, it look like unchecking "Security and Authentication" -> Use name and password fixed it. So while it otherwise looks like a well organized upgrade to a g...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

2.1.2
I recently moved three of my working DNN sites to a new server.  I discovered that after the move..NONE of my emails from the DNN sites work.  I get this error when I try to send an email through the bulk email feature:  ErrorCode: -2147467259Message: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.InnerException: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040220): The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtim...

get a security error - get certificate
This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk about being the wrong error for this one. any ideas? GW7sp2 On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:18:51 +0000, mark wrote: > This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to > time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature > he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk >...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

I can send email from my site, but I get an error when I try to send a cell phone TM.
From all that I can gather sending a TM is very much the same as sending an email. Only thing that changes is who it is being emailed to. That being said however I keep getting this error: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <'left out for security reasons'@vtext.com> No such user here at System.Net.Mail.Smtp  Any one know why?? chekmate:Any one know why?? Yep.  The account you tried to email to doesn't exist at the server you tried to send it to.  You got the wrong account, the wrong server or both. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click &...

SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email
I've just installed SeaMonkey 2.0, imported all my old data, and started the new version. I have a couple of problems/questions: 1. I can send email, but when I click on the Get Msgs/Get All New Messages menu item, nothing happens. No status messages in the footer to show any activity, and the messages I can see in my webmail account inbox are not downloaded. If I start the old version it downloads the messages just fine. 2. When I start the email app, no folder is selected, so my Inbox emails don't appear in the right pane until I select the Inbox folder. I used to...

Sending Email through System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail
hi Sending Email through System.Web.Mail is working fine but System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail  i treid in all possible ways but did't  pls help in giving a solution thanks & Regards vittal Maybe you can show us some code and post the exact error mesg as well (by looking at the value in ex.tostring)?My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato System.Web.Ma...

error sending email #2
advance thanks to all, can't send email, error occur.  the error is as follows:System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Relay error on mailstor for your ip - XXX.XXX.XX.XXX at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) can u tell me what is wrong with my code.                  ...

Error Sending Email from .NET
Hey there.Ive made a signup script that authenticates users email by sending an activation code to their email address. The problem im getting is the following...The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings. Now Ive been told this can be sorted via settings on the server but Ive emailed my hosting providers and they cant/wont change these settings... so is there any way I can get around this from within ASP.NETI would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Many Regards ...

Send Email Error #2
Hi I have set up a asp page to send emails. All works well on my local machine but when I put it on the server I get a "Failure sending mail" error. Web config:  <system.net>        <mailSettings>            <smtp>                <network                     host="smtp.thehos...

Get error when sending email
Since updating to SM 2.13.1 from SM 2.12.1, when I go to send an email I get an error to check my Temp file settings, this does not happen every time but quite often. I close the error and try to send again -sometimes the message is sent but some times I have to try three or four times. Any ideas? Error is below: Send Message Error Sending of message failed. Unable to open the temporary file C:\Docume~1\Jamess~1\locals~1\temp\nsmail.temp. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings. JAS -- You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or you don'...

error in sending email #2
  Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient();   MailAddress from = new MailAddress("makasu12@yahoo.com.sg");MailAddress to = ...

Email gets a send error but still goes into Sent folder. Sometimes successfully sends and sometimes doesn't
The error message we recieve sometimes on an employee's computer when sendi= ng mail reads "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server respond= ed: Resources temporarily unavailable - Please try again later. Please chec= k the message and try again" Thunderbird then proceeds to put the message in the Sent folder after hitti= ng OK, defeating the purpose of the error in my opinion. Whether or not it successfully sends is completely unknown to us unless the= person replies or the person it was emailed to is within our office; howev= er, when sending the email...

Web resources about - Sending email error #2 - asp.net.getting-started

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

Facebook Sending Perez Hilton More Traffic than Google, Driving 3.3% of All US Traffic to Video Sites ...
For media companies evaluating their Facebook marketing strategy , here’s an interesting sign of the times: web analytics firm Hitwise is reporting ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the ...
Get Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Cynthia McKinney - responds to Obama on sending troops into Afghanistan - Debate Answer - YouTube
Cynthia McKinney, Green Party Presidential candidate, responds to Barack Obama on his support for sending troops into Afghanistan. Based on his ...

Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy
Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy