Sending email, but get the error : could not access "CDO.Message" object

Hi, I use .NET component to write an email sending component. I set the SmtpServer to an internet SMTP server which is used in my outlook express. When I send the email, I got the following error:

could not access "CDO.Message" object
what is the reason? How to solve?
Thank you in advance.
0
life_span

You are most likely not authenticating to the SMTP server.
0
awanvil

Random error while sending email "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object"
Hi, The environment is Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4. MS Exchange 2000.  I am maintaining an existing ASP.NET 1.1 web application that sends emails using the MailMessage and the SMTPMail classes. Exchange has been setup for relaying, authentication, and port. The only thing i am setting on the SMTPMail class is SmtpServer property to which I have tried using the server name and the I.P.Problem is real strange, it most cases, I would say 95% of the time, there are no errors with the sending of emails, however on rare occasions like once a couple of months an error will occur. The...

Error when I try to send an email
I've got some very basic code to send an email and I'm getting an error that's rather odd. To my understanding, CDO is the base data object in the SmtpMail class. So does this mean it's unsuccessfully accessing the MailMessage object I'm passing in? Does this mean that I don't have SMTP on my box ('cause I don't) but the Smtp object is pointing to a vaild mail server. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. string strBody = ""; MailMessage BidRequest = new MailMessage(); //System.Web.HttpCookie formData = new System.Web.HttpCookie("Request_Bid...

"Get Mail" vs "Get All New Messages"
I have a few different email accounts set up in Thunderbird, and I'm using the unified view to view them. Recently, I noticed that the "Get Mail" button seems to only retrieve email for the first account (sometimes?). I'd like to click on that button and retrieve email for all of the accounts. I can get the behavior that I want consistently if I pull down the menu for "Get Mail" and select "Get All New Messages", but I'd prefer to get that in a single click if possible. I tried starting from scratch and recreating my profile, but I st...

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" while trying to send HTML message.
well, this bit of code worked great until recently.  I have not seen any issues on my web server, but this is definately an issue on my XP Pro (sp2) box with ISS Virtual SMTP server installed.  The box is fully patched. My problem is that i am unable to send an HTML email.  If i change BodyFormat to "MailFormat.Text" it will work fine.  Here's the exception: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices....

Getting Error "Cannot Access A Disposed Object"
I am having a problem where I am getting the above error message. Basically ,we are creating some COM+ objects using VB.NET and ServicedComponents and configured into a COM+ application. For several reasons we are creating these objects from ASP 6 (i.e, not ASP.NET pages), using the classical COM interface (e.g., Server.CreateObject). We then store these objects in the ASP Session objects so that state information in these objects can be propagated from one page to the next (or when the same page is reloaded).. These objects make extensive use of ADO.NET objects (e.g., DataSets, Table...

Silly question: How do I connect to an ACCESS database with out getting the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" message?
1. Created folder App_Data 2. Add mdb file 3. Drag AccessDataSource control to form. 4. Map to the mdb file. 5. Build query and get "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. What am I missing? I had no trouble connecting to SQL Server 2005 on the server, but the local mdb file??? Thanks, Bill    at what code, or exactly where are you getting the error message?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator ...

How to get rid of warning message "A program is trying to send..." when sending email using Outlook 2007
Hi, How do you find a way to get rid of the warning message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf...." when sending an email (using MAPI) using Outlook 2007 from a PowerBuilder application? I would like an email message sent with an attachment automatically without interruption. BusyBeaver There is a setting that your email admin can change to avoid that message. I don't know what it is but I know it exist because we had the same problem years ago. Another option is to ditch mapi and use smtp instead. I just recently changed our syst...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Getting "Too many recipients" error while creating email message.
 I have code that creates an email message that is sent to a number of people. While trying to send it to 106 people via CC.Add, I got the following error.Stack Trace:[SmtpFailedRecipientException: Exceeded storage allocation. The server response was: 5.5.3 Too many recipients][SmtpFailedRecipientsException: Unable to send to a recipient.] Does anyone know if this limit is settable? I read where it might be 5000 by defualt. But I'm only trying to send this message out to 106 people. Any suggestions?  Does this help? - http://support.software602.com/forum/topic/5108/5/We...

Started to get "Requested Registry Access is Not Allowed" errors
We have started to get several “Requested Registry Access is Not Allowed” error messages on our ASP.NET applications.  These applications use a web service that I wrote and it was working fine, until recently.  This error message is occurring on our production web server (a Windows 2000 Server) and on our test web server (a Windows 2003 Server).  If something goes wrong when running the web service it is supposed to write to the event log, but it is the attempt to write to the event log which is failing.  I have gotten onto Microsoft’s support pages, and found an article ...

Which all pop3 accounts would "Get All New Messages" get messages from?
When I click on menu item "Get All New Messages", which all of my pop3 accounts would TB get messages from? Anything to do with settings in: - Check for messages at startup/ every x mins - Automatically download new messages? - Advanced - Include this server when getting new mails? It is surely not downloading messages from all 3-4 pop3 accounts that I have put in TB with different settings in above. Is there any command that would fetch all messages from all my pop3 accounts, irrespective of the settings in the above or any other field? I can run it one a day or...

creating a new tableAdapter, I get error message "Access is denied"
I copied my .mdf database from a file and pasted it into the visual studio project App_Data folder.I can see the tables and the columns etc when creating my TableAdapter, and create my sql query etc, but then when I hit the finish button, I get this error "an Unexpected Error has Occured\nError Message: Access Denied". Anyone know why I can't create my TableAdapter?  Looks like, but not positive as a permission problem on the access database. Make sure you have all rights in that folder as well as the user running IIS.CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on '...

Suddenly started getting "client was not authenticated " error while sending mail
Hi,I was able to send mail with no trouble before few days.Then due to some reason, i Formatted pc &  re-installed visual studio & IIS Now when i try to send mail, i get this error.The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated.In my web.config file i write<mailSettings>      <smtp from="myemail@gmail.com">        <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="myemail" password="xxxx" defaultCredentials="false&qu...

Web resources about - Sending email, but get the error : could not access "CDO.Message" object - asp.net.getting-started