Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange

What's the proper way to do this?  I can't seem to find any simple answer to this...anybody got one?  ;)
Erik Porter
Channel 9 Dev Team
0
HumanCompiler

Sending mail thorugh Windows 2003 exchange server
I have set up my Bugzilla install but whilst setting it up there was not an available exchange server so I had nowhere to route the emails. =20 Having now set up my exchange server on a separate physical server I now need to change the settings but am not able to find how to do so? Am I being stupid? ...

Starting out on a server with Windows Server 2003
Is there a reference or tutorial to help someone starting out with a server that has Windows Server 2003?  I installed VWD 2008 Express Edition on it, and I don't think I my approach was correct. When I click on a .aspx file, it opens VWD2008EE and I need to use the "View in Browser" function to get the page.  Is it possible that what I am doing is using the server no different from a personal computer (an abnormal way to use it) and that I need to do it a different way (normal use)--possibly installing VWD different or changing some configurations so that an ASPX p...

Can't send e-mail--window blames server--Server and self have chaecked account
Name: Dennis Lyth Email: dennatparadisedotnet.nz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't send e-mail--window blames server--Server and self have chaecked account Comments: I got fed up with lock-ups and crashes on O.E,I understand due to faults in I.E. It must be more than 3 yrs ago that I switched to Mozilla, and never had any sort of problem until this happened just before Christmas. I receive mail O.K., but cannot send. I am at a loss to know what to do. I DON'T want to go back to Outlook Ex. My account is setup correctly, as is my password. I know you say not to expec...

problem in windows server 2003 mail server
hello, first I'm sorry for my bad language.   I have a server with windows server 2003 sp1 OS, I have made a mail server using pop3 service on it. and in pop3 service make a new domain, and new mail boxes. now I config my outlook express to send and recive mail with my mail server. no body can mail me and my mails goes to bulk folder of all mail servers. for example yahoo mail.   please help me. The quick answer is Win2003 comes locked down with most services not installed including IIS6, now I am not saying you have not installed IIS6 just the parts that is needed...

The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
I am not sure why now I am getting this error all of a sudden.  Our ISP had changed some of their mail server around, and I think this should still work but it's not:    Public Function SendMail(ByVal userid As String) As Boolean        Dim obUser As New BusinessLayer.BUser        obUser.GetUser(SqlTypes.SqlGuid.Parse(userid))        Dim obMail As New Web.Mail.MailMessage        obMail.To = obUser.Email        obMail.From = "postmaster@sss.net "     ...

Sizing for a windows server with .Net on Win Server 2003
Hello all, Although i have been checking this website for the last few years this is my first post!!! Do you know if microsoft has any tools or guidelines to calculate the hardware requirements for a server with windows server 2003 that will have a couple of .Net webservices and a couple of aspx pages. Basically i am looking for a set of hardware and software requirements for the server (e.g. HDD speed, RAM, CPU etc). The webservices will be called in the range of 8000 calls per minute. The aspx pages will be rarely accessed (maybe 1-2 times per week). The webservices do very little proc...

Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003
Okay, hold your breath and try to not slug me for this one. I have a 450 MHz machine, a desktop actually. I have made Windows Server 2003 run on this and ASP.NET worked great. I am, however, concerned with performance. The system has 270 MB RAM. I don't know if the improvements from 2000 Server to 2003 Server are worth putting the latter on a slower machine. This is to be an IIS server. Comments? is it going to be a production server, or just a development box? (probably a stupid question, but you never can tell these days) for a development server performance is less of a co...

Upgrade Windows 2003 Server to Windows 2008 Server
Hello! Does somebody know if it will be possible to upgrade a webserver with Windows 2003 Server OS to Windows 2008 Server (I want to use IIS 7.0).The same question for SQL Server 2005 Express Edition... Can I upgrade this to SQL Server 2008 Express Edition when it is available? (in 39 days)... Thank you for helping me!    Windows server Upgrade 2008 http://blogs.iis.net/mailant/archive/2007/09/24/windows-server-2008-rc0-available-now.aspx  Sql Server Upgrade 2008 http://www.scalabilityexperts.com/default.asp?action=article&ID=43Remember to mark any post th...

Unable to start debugging from VS2008 under XP to the web server under Windows Server 2003
Hello! Help me please!I created a simple web site on my Windows Server 2003 SP2 using IIS console add-in. Everything works fine. I have registered ASP.NET on the IIS using aspnet_regiis.exe, installed FrontPage Extensions, etc.I'm able to Open Web Site using Visual Studio (SP1 Team System) on Windows XP Pro SP2 via http. But when I start a debugging, I'm getting next error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger cannot connect to the remote computer"I even have installed Visual Studio 2008 Remote Debugger on server, and tried launch it with Windows authe...

Image upload not working on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition but is on Windows 2003 Web Server Edition
Hi, I have a website that allows image uploads by users through ASP.NET 2.0 front-end running on Windows 2003 Server boxes (Web Server Edition).  Recently, some additional servers were acquired to handle additional load.  The new servers are running windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 and the photo upload does not work on them.  It does work on the older Windows 2003 Web Server Edition servers.  The operations team prohibits doing remote debugging on production servers so there is no way for me to see what is going on in the code.  Has anyone else experienced this ...

How do you send e-mail via a MS Exchange Server?
Hello, I need send e-mail via an MS Exchange server. When ever someone submits a request through the website, I want to fire off an e-mail back to the submitter saying "thank you for submitting" and to an admin saying "something was submitted". I can do that with SMTP and the .NET System.Net.Mail but it doesn't work through our MS exchange server? Any idea's on how this is done?  Thanks Hi, First you need to add this in your web.config:   <system.net> <mailSettings> <smtp from="Tesn...

cannot send e'mail over cox.net servers
after reinstalling a fresh copy of thunderbird, i set up my 4 cox.net e'mail accounts, a netscape acount a yahoo account and a hotmail account my cox settings have always been: .... spop.west.cox.net ... port 995 .... smtp.west.cox.net ...port 587 as of 12amm AST last night all was working fine... as of 12pm right now... i can't send mail from any of my accounts... neither Avira AntiVir premium, nor the latest Malwarebytes shows any indication of infection... our main computer sends and receives e'mail ASAP... while my laptop looks for e'mail for a ...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange - asp.net.getting-started

Exchange rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance , an exchange rate (also known as the foreign-exchange rate , forex rate or FX rate ) between two currencies is the rate at which ...

Australia v West Indies second cricket Test: Exchange between David Warner and Windies pair brings welcome ...
Well, at least we now know the Australian vice-captaincy won't tone down the feistiness in David Warner.

GroupM Buys The Exchange Lab
GroupM has acquired The Exchange Lab and its proprietary programmatic marketing technology, Proteus, helping expand the capabilities of the WPP ...

Exchange photos and videos with a mechanic using Openbay app
... , Technology Openbay, an online marketplace app connecting customers to repair shops, has added a feature that allows mechanics to exchange ...

Paul Ryan Negotiated Exporting Oil In Exchange For Importing Syrians
House Speaker Paul Ryan traded exporting oil for importing Syrians in the trillion dollar omnibus bill.

Love Home Swap acquires Dutch competitor HomeForExchange as it looks to dominate the home exchange market ...
... London-based startup with a platform that allows people to swap their homes with other property owners, has acquired Danish rival HomeForExchange ...

New York Stock Exchange Leads in Global Capital Raising for Fifth Consecutive Year, with 2015 Proceeds ...
The New York Stock Exchange, a subsidiary of the Intercontinental Exchange&rsquo;s (NYSE:ICE) global network of exchanges, announced today that ...

Securities and Exchange Commission complaint against Martin Shkreli, - Chicago Tribune
... SEC complaint (Text) Get unlimited digital access to chicagotribune.com. Try it today for ONLY $0.99. Chicago Tribune Securities and Exchange ...

Target Jumps On Gift Card Exchange Bandwagon; Offers Customers Less Than Cards Are Worth
... an offer for a lesser amount based on the resale value of the card. For example, the company says, a $100 Walmart gift card can be exchanged ...

Republicans Demand Answers On Failed State ObamaCare Exchanges Fee Collection
Republicans Demand Answers On Failed State ObamaCare Exchanges Fee Collection