Script to open email client to send email also opens IE browser

Hi Friends -

I tried the following code - linkbutton's clicked event - for the user to send email using their default email client e.g. Outlook Express.
private void lbtnEmail_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
try
{
string sMemberId = Session["MemberId"].ToString();
}
catch
{
Response.Redirect("logon.aspx");
}
// ****
Response.Redirect("mailto:" + sEmail + "?SUBJECT=Greetings!");
// ****
}
The problem is although the email client Outlook Express opens correctly, so does the IE browser with the following in the URL address.
mailto:JohnDoe@domain.com?SUBJECT=Greetings!
I don't want the IE browser to open in this case - only the email client.
I can't use HyperlinkButton's NavigateURL because I want some code to execute to check if the user is logged in to the application.
I would appreciate your suggestion & feedback.
Thank you.
0
rajanam

i use the beta 3.5. for mac. When I try to open an email-link, the broser starts to open endles browser tabs...
Name: johannes Product: Firefox Summary: i use the beta 3.5. for mac. When I try to open an email-link, the broser starts to open endles browser tabs... Comments: ....and i have to restart the app. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; de; rv:1.9.1b99) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/3.5b99 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Send New Email Opens Another New Email
I just upgraded to Groupwise 8.1 on the server and about 5 clients. About 115 other clients are running 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 clients. After the install, whenever anyone creates a new email message and clicks the send button, another window pops up. The window is another blank email as if you are sending another new email. This also happens on a reply, so if you sit down and do 5-6 replies at a time, you get anothe 5-6 blank email windows. My users and myself find this feature annoying and would like to turn it off. Some users think the first email did not send and actually re-typ...

tabs open from email, saving open windows and tabs, comparing email programs
Hi Mozilla, I am using Mozilla 1.7.1 and I have a few questions, they might be repetitive, covered earlier, but I will at least try to make them clear. I would like to use the tabbed browsing more.. when a link is opened from email (which is frequent) is there a way to have it open up a new tab on the current window ? Without first separately creating the open tab by ctrl-T or whatever ? I use Eudora for email. Also generally, is the Mozilla email getting close to the standards in email like Eudora. I am comfortable with the filtering and searching in Eudora, but a...

Hotmail email: cannot open emails
Name: Zahid Product: Shiretoko Summary: Hotmail email: cannot open emails Comments: Cannot open any email in Hotmail.com. There is a message at the bottom left that just flashes "Loading" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Open an email, but not send
I'd like to open a fully populated email from my .NET page, but am not quite clear on how to do it. I've used the MailTo in various hyperlinks; that works fine opening an addressed email. I've read various articles on the Mail object and more or less understand how to populate the Subject & Text parts of the email, and send it. What I'm after is to open the email, with its To, Subject, and Text parts populated from controls on the page, but NOT send it, giving the user a chance to check and edit it. Can anyone point me to an article on this, or post some sample code? Thanks! ...

Opening different emails, shows the same email
I've got a couple of users who are reporting that when they open an email or task, close that out and open other emails or tasks that it continually shows the same content as the first one that was opened up. If they were to exit Notify and GroupWise and restart GW, then it is Ok. One user was an XP client and the other was in WebAccess. We are just concerned that users will get confused if this continues. We are on GW 8 hp1 on Netware 6.5. Thank you! Frank Frank, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concern...

open links in emails in a new browser rather than recycling other browsers
Name: Jim Email: huang2atfasdotharvard.edu Product: Thunderbird Summary: open links in emails in a new browser rather than recycling other browsers Comments: It's getting annoying, especially with multiple browsers open, to have to go search for where the link I just clicked on decided to open up, especially if the currently open browsers are at all useful. It would be better to have the links automatically open links in new windows, or at least provide that option via mouse right click. Thank you. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1...

How to send email through the default user email client
Hi  I am still struggling with this issue: I have a list of product in my page, beside every product there is a button named 'Send to a friend' i want when a user click on that button to open his default email client and throw a link of the product into the body of the new message I am using standard 'mailto' html function, but it does not allow me to format the body of the message instaed it just throw the html code as it is. not as html i would be really appreciated if i can get any help thank s    This isn't really a asp.net issue but i foun...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

How to Send Email(Text Based Email Client)
Hi, Im now learning about sending emails,i need toknow about sending emails from textbased clients to a particular user or to another user in another system connected in LAN. -- subscribeid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SMTP protocol used for sending email is very simple to program. Commands (if you don't use complex authetication and encryption) are quite simple and you can even connect to a SMTP server using tools such as telnet, netcat etc. for learning purposes. It is easy to write a mail client in C and VERY easy in...

hotmail email accounts.... this version of firefox (3.1 beta 2) will not allow me to open emails that are in a hotmail email account
Name: lee hughes Email: lee405325ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: hotmail email accounts.... this version of firefox (3.1 beta 2) will not allow me to open emails that are in a hotmail email account Comments: when you click on an email to open it, it does nothing it does not recognise the link to open the emial is even there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

Problem opening email with client
I have GW6.5.5 and on two of my users when they go to open an email it doesn't do anything. It doesn't open the email, I even checked the taskmanager and it doesn't start any processes. I can open up appointments in the calendar, I tried opening sent items and trash items but I couldn't open them either. It is only happening for two users, any ideas? this is one particular e-mail or all of them? -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically ...

Browser does not open from links in email!
Doesn't anyone have an idea how to fix this?? Browser does not open from links in SM email. On 25/06/2015 10:59 PM, Mike C wrote: > Doesn't anyone have an idea how to fix this?? > > Browser does not open from links in SM email. Mike, I responded last night to someone (you??) stating that I did not experience this problem with e-mail link in my Win7 SM. The devs cannot fix a problem that does not exist!! -- Daniel User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909 or User agent: Moz...

Browser does not open from links in email
Browser does not open from links in SM email. It used to. On 24/06/2015 2:36 PM, Mike C wrote: > Browser does not open from links in SM email. > It used to. WFM, at least on Win7 I had my browser group already open, searched through my e-mails for one that included a link and clicked on it ... no problem. Completely close the Browser screen, clicked on the link in the e-mail again and a browser screen opened up at the appropriate web site. -- Daniel User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 2014121...

Web resources about - Script to open email client to send email also opens IE browser - asp.net.getting-started

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Nokia Browser for Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy paste support is poor. If you have a device with no Control-key or Pen-key, you can not copy paste in most web forms. With older Nokia models, ...

Mozilla Cofounder Brendan Eich Unveils Ad-Blocking Browser - Digital - AdAge
Brendan Eich shaped much of what has become the modern web experience. He created the JavaScript programming language that publishers have used ...

Facebook Tests New Web Browser for Flagship Mobile Apps
Facebook appears to be testing a new Web browser for its flagship mobile applications . BBC journalist Henry Wilmer shared the image below in ...

Apple's Safari browser turns 13 years old today
Steve Jobs unveiled the "Fastest Web Browser Ever Created for the Mac" this day back in 2003, introducing the Safari web browser that four years ...

Google’s Chrome browser is about to a huge speed boost
As of the end of 2015, data from market research company Net Applications showed that Google's Chrome browser is used on 32.33% of desktop and ...

The former CEO of Mozilla is launching a web browser that blocks all ads by default
Brendan Eich is making a comeback. He's the creator of JavaScript and one of the founders of Mozilla, the organisation behind the Firefox browser, ...

Brave browser promises faster Web by banishing intrusive ads
The new browser, a brainchild of ex-Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich, is also designed to reform online privacy and help prevent the extinction of free, ...

Last chance to upgrade IE or switch browsers as Microsoft's mandate looms
Nearly 340 million people who run Microsoft's Internet Explorer have just a week to upgrade or switch browsers, or face a shutoff of the security ...

Former Mozilla CEO's browser blocks (and replaces) web ads
... the former CEO of Mozilla an organization that thrives on internet privacy. What would you do? If you guessed "build a privacy-minded web browser," ...