Save pdf from posted pdf (asp.net)

I've got a pdf form with a submit button and I've set it up to post the entire pdf to a url.

Now - what I want to do is grab that pdf from the web page that it posts to.

I've got a pdf .net component for editing and saving the pdf, I just need to know how to pick up the pdf form the post..

If that makes sense..

Once I have grabbed the pdf, I can save it no problem, I just need to grab the pdf object from the http post request.

 Any ideas?

http://www.developdesign.co.uk/
0
loydall

Request.Form("what_you_posted_it_as")

0
Curt_C
6/19/2007 3:02:06 PM

But that expects a string surely -  the component I use is the o2 pdf4net comppnent.

If I use:

Dim myPdfFile As O2S.Components.PDF4NET.PDFFile.PDFFile

myPdfFile = Request.Form("theForm.pdf")

 I'll get a "type string cannot be converted to O2S.Components.PDF4NET.PDFFile.PDFFile" error.

http://www.developdesign.co.uk/
0
loydall
6/19/2007 3:06:24 PM

If you want to use http post object then here it is..

HttpFileCollection uploadFiles = Request.Files;

for (int i=0; i<uploadedFiles.count;i++)

{

    HttpPostedFile userPostedFile = uploadFiles[i]

try{

   if (userPostedFile.contentLenght>0)

  {

   //do Whatever with it

 }

}

Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations
0
naturehermit
6/19/2007 3:07:35 PM

Hmm - request.files always has a count of 0

Any ideas?

http://www.developdesign.co.uk/
0
loydall
6/19/2007 3:57:02 PM

How are you uploading the files?

Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations
0
naturehermit
6/19/2007 4:00:11 PM

I'm not uploading the files - I'm posting the entire pdf from the pdf (if that makes sense) When I develop the PDF in acrobat I have a submit button - I can chose to submit the form to a pdf and also to submit the entire pdf document. I need to pick that document up somehow from the page that it posts to...

http://www.developdesign.co.uk/
0
loydall

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

Could DW.Net save as PDF?
Thank for answer :) I think it's better to choose dw.net instead of other grid tools. I have tested dw.net for serveral days, got another question. code) adw_print.SaveAs(ls_path,Sybase.DataWindow.FileSaveAsType.Pdf, true); When process meet this code, program downs. Because I have not well known about dw.net and pb script yet, don't know what's the matter with this code. Dw.net can save as Excel format, but when PDF format, program downs. Have you installed GhostScript? The SaveAs PDF functionality requires it. On 27 Jul 2004 20:48:50 -0700, "ls...

Extract Text, RTF, Images from PDF documents with PDF Focus .Net
Hi Community,We offer a new .Net component to convert PDF to Word (RTF) from ASP.Net (C#, VB.Net). The component names PDF Focus .Net (version 1.0.3):  http://www.pdf-doc.com/The component is absolutely standalone and doesn't require anything else. Requires only Net 2.0 or higher  platform.In this package there are samples of Web-application and C#, VB.Net console applications. To convert PDF to RTF you will need only two lines of code.We also offer discounts for ASP.Net members. Let me know if you will have questions, Max  We are happy to inform abou...

Regarding Converting DataSet to PDF format in C#.Net/VB.Net
Hi, I can anyone help me regarding conversion of an dataset to PDF format. Thank YouMark as Answer if it helped youGayathri gayathri.pmsc: Hi, I can anyone help me regarding conversion of an dataset to PDF format. Thank You Either do it using Crystal Reports or create an html ny looping though dataset and then to pdf using itextsharp http://hamang.net/2008/08/14/html-to-pdf-in-net/MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets...

Saving a Web Page as a Pdf file in .Net
Any suggestions of the top software to use to save a web page as a pdf file. Thanks...

how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET
how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET Now am converting using how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET  tool. But the dynamicaly loading images are not showing in the pdf .     Are you using 3rd party tool or you are using iTextSharp free utility? If it is 3rd party tool, it's always suggested to ask the company which built the tool. Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Hi vishnusekhar, As to convert images/douments ...

How to generate PDF report from datagrid using Gios PDF .NET or itextsharp library ?
I have a problem.I am developing my web application using csharp on visual studio 2003. I am able to generate datagrid without any problem. But I want records on datagrid to be exported on pdf document. Have tried using Gios PDF .NET library, from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/giospdfnetlibrary.aspx. But the problem I have is when declare in my code using Gios PDF. it is saying that it does not know about Gios PDF. I have tried to put references but not working. How can I do it? So that I use this powerful library. The problem I have is calling the Gios PDF .NET library in my files....

Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.0 Released!
Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 15 2005 ...

Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.1 Released!
Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.1 Released! Version 1.1 Released on Febuary 07 2005 ...

Save as PDF Composite Datawindow.net 2.0
Hi, I am using VS 2005 and Datawindow.net 2.0. I am writing a window application. I am having trouble saving composite datawindow into pdf. I had installed GhostScript. At datawindow design time, I am able to save row as pdf. At run time, it's working fine on other datawindow except composite datawindow. Is this a bug in Datawindow.net 2.0? On a previous Datawindow.net 1.51 I have no problem until I migrated my program to datawindow.net 2.0. Is there a solution or a work around for this? Thank you very much, ...

Anyone get FDF Toolkit (PDF) to work in .NET?
From DotNetJunkes and other resources, I have been able to make available the FDF component to my web application but I cannot get it to run. I get the following error: [InvalidCastException: QueryInterface for interface FDFACXLib.IFdfApp failed.] Dim app As New FdfAppClass() Dim doc As FdfDocClass doc = app.FDFCreate '<-- dies here doc.FDFClose() Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dallas Turns out the original FDFAcX.dll needed to have ASPNET added to its permissions. HELP! I'm still getting a compliation error on this thing... &...

Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 03 2005 ...

Aspose.PDF.Kit 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Pdf.Kit 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 11 2005 ...

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Web resources about - Save pdf from posted pdf (asp.net) - asp.net.getting-started

Facebook Social Recruiting Solution Work4 Labs Tops 6M Jobs Posted
Facebook social recruiting solution Work4 Labs reached a milestone Friday, topping 6 million jobs posted on the social network by more than 20,000 ...

One of Mike's many followers posted this... - Friends Of Mike Patterson - Facebook
One of Mike's many followers posted this to our page earlier today. It is worth every second of the 4:28 it takes to listen. Mike Patterson has ...

Facebook module highlights popular links posted by news sources users Like
Some Facebook users are seeing a “Most Shared On” module in News Feed that highlights popular links from news sources they Like. The module, ...

High resolution scan of Gutenberg Bible posted on-line
The Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford and the Vatican Library have joined together to digitize their collection of ancient texts. ...

Posted on the App Store on iTunes
Get Posted on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Justin Timberlake - My Love (Acoustic) *Chords Posted* - YouTube
I learned this song a while ago from acoustic8824's post, but I've been too busy to record new stuff... until now! hahah.. hope you enjoy!! =J ...

'Parasite' porn sites stealing images and videos posted by teens
Young people warned they are likely to lose control of sexually explicit material once they have posted it online.

ASIO terror case texts posted on Facebook
ASIO terror case texts posted on Facebook