Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1

I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp

The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed
to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the
Beta 1 stage.
Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.

Intelligence is a burden.
Jagdip Singh Ajimal
Manchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)
0
jagdipa

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

.NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul No. You would need the 2.0 framework for sure. I think the SQL 2005 installation wizard would detect and install the framework for you.You dont need to upgrade your application to VS 2005, however.*******...

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Error message: Web server not running APS.NET version 1.1
I have IIS 5 and VisualStudio.NET installed on a local PC. If I disconnect the PC from the office network I am able to successfully open an existing ASP.NET application in VS.NET. If I connect the PC to the office network, I receive the following error message when I try to open my ASP.NET project in VS.NET: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. It's almost as if VS.NET is seeing a different web server (rather than my locally installed web server) while on the ...

Running DNN compliled on .net FW 1.0.3705 on .net FW 1.1
I have a DNN 1.10c portal that I developed and compiled on VS02 on a PC with .net Framework 1.0.3705. It is currently in production on a machine running .net Framework 1.0.3705. I am preparing to move this portal to a new server with Win2003 server and .net Framework 1.1.4322. Are there be any problems due to the differing version of the .net Framework? Is it neccessary to recomplie on a machine with .net Framework 1.1.4322? Any other suggestions or comments would be welcomed! synergetic_1 1.0 framework items should run on 1.1 as is, but not vice versa. To com...

Getting path denied error when trying to run copied .NET 1.1 project to new server
I am having a problem getting a project started on one server transferred to another.  USS folder does not exist. Entire Solution and Project Files were copied onto server. Know I am missing something here. Thanks.   Server Error in '/USS' Application. Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\uss\7cb89631\ffe5ea77" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the cod...

Web resources about - Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1 - asp.net.getting-started

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Frankston home intruder was running after woman before his death, witness says
An intruder who entered a home in Melbourne's south was running after the female owner moments before he was killed when a neighbour came to ...

Hackers actively exploit critical vulnerability in sites running Joomla
Enlarge / An payload that's been modified so it can't be misused. Malicious hackers are using it to perform an object injection attack that leads ...

Derrick Henry's Heisman Triumph Signals the Return of the Running Back - Bleacher Report
He's back. No, not Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry. His decision on whether to bolt to the NFL or return to Alabama for his senior season ...

"Bowe Bergdahl said he planned to cause a DUSTWUN by leaving his outpost, OP Mest, and running—or at ...
"This map (push play to fly over the area) gives a sense of the terrain he would have had to cross." That's a supplement to the first episode ...

Is your refrigerator running? Better catch it ...
Is your refrigerator running? Better catch it ... by digby If you want to know why Americans are suddenly all quaking in their boots afraid ...

NEW WSJ/NBC POLL: Trump and Cruz Running Away From the Field
Writing at The Wall Street Chamber of Commerce Journal , a glum Janet Hook reports that Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are now dominating the national ...

The Wreckage Of The House Democrats Will Never Come Back While Blue Dogs And New Dems Are Running The ...
... since he became president and nary a whisper or a hint that perhaps the incompetent and corrupt men charged with the responsibility of running ...

Alabama running back Derrick Henry wins Heisman Trophy
The Crimson Tide's super-sized tailback is just the third running back to win college football's most prestigious award in the last 16 years ...

Will Smith Is Considering Running For President
... celebrity who might just be President one day and he probably has more votes than you by default. Will Smith showed interest in possibly running ...