Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0

Dear All

Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it.

But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code.

By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall Framework .net1.0 but I can still see v1.0.3705. So when I run the application, I wonder whether it's run with Framework .net 2.0 or Framework .net 1.1. How can I check?

Regards,

Shelyn

0
ShelynSSL

Check in you system directory
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\v1.1.4322
So .net framework 2.0 includes .net framework 1.1 [it doesn't matter you uninstall the other version].
I have not much of the information so Just google it for detail.

Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47
6/28/2006 1:47:22 PM

I dont know which all versions of OS and IIS will give this to you but I know that if you have windows 2003 and you go into IIS manager and right click on an application, you can choose which version of the framework the application will run in.

Start up IIS Manager
Open up your web site and navigate to your application
right click and choose properties
click on "asp.net" tab
choose which version in the dropdown

This is for windows 2003....and also, I believe the 2.0 framework shoudl run anything that is 1.1....just not the other way around...such that if you coded in 2.0 you might not be able to run it on the 1.1 framework depending on what objects you have used.

Hope this helps,

MajorCats
0
MajorCats
6/28/2006 7:02:36 PM
web app or windows app ?
check out this article
http://blogs.msdn.com/peterlau/archive/2006/05/11/595294.aspx

Hope That Helps
All that wander, are not lost...
What were we talkin bout
0
uncleb

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Can we run a .NET v1.1 application on a machine w/ .NET 2.0 framework?
Hi, We have a pretty sizeable ASP.NET application that we use to run the company. It's written in .net v1.1 and it's currently hosted by a Windows 2000 Server w/ .net framework v1.1. We are now upgrading our network, servers, etc. We will move the app to a Windows 2003 machine w/ .net framework v2.0. Should we expect any problems?Thanks,Sam The Framework versions will install side-by-side instead of one overwriting the other, so you should have no problems.   NC...   I believe that there will be an asp.net tab in the properties of an IIS application where you can pic...

Refering the .NET 2.0 Assembly in .NET 1.1 Framework
Hi Friends,I have created one class libray which is having one public method of addition using .NET Framework and VS.NET 2005 beta.Now i am referening that dll in my another project which is in VS.NET 2003 but i unable to add that assembly in my reference. it gives an following error "A reference to ..\ClassAdd.dll' could not be added. This is not a valid assembly or COM component.  Only assemblies with extension 'dll' and COM components can be referenced.  Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."Can you tell me can i take the...

Web resources about - Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0 - asp.net.getting-started

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...