Reportviewer- Change report in runtime

Hello

How can i change a report in runtime?

Thank you

Mario Lopes
0
mariolopes

For changing the report at runtime you will have to change the ReportDefintion for reportviewer control.

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition(Stream);

But there is a catch in it. If you want to display different ReportDefinition on postback you will have to load the instance of the reportviewer again and assign the new report definition to it.

Hope this helps you.

Shree
Please mark post as answer if its helpful.
0
Shree

try the below one...

ReportDocument rptDoc = new ReportDocument();

rptDoc.Load("ReportPath");

Viewer_Report.ReportSource = rptDoc;

rptDoc.Clone();

Vasanthakumar
Software Engineer.
0
vasanth
12/12/2007 4:17:37 AM

Hi vasanth I got some errors when i translate your code to vb.net

Dim rptDoc As New reportdocument()->not defined

rptDoc.Load("ReportPath")

ReportViewer1.reportsource = rptDoc -> reportsource not a member of Microsoft...

rptDoc.Clone()

Mario Lopes
0
mariolopes

you need to use the below namespace....

imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

Dim rptDoc As New reportdocument()

rptDoc.Load("ReportPath")

ReportViewer1.reportsource = rptDoc

rptDoc.Clone()

Vasanthakumar
Software Engineer.
0
vasanth
12/12/2007 11:52:03 AM

Sorry my friend i didn't told you but i use reportviewer, not CrystalReports. Tongue Tied

I think with reportViewer i can't change the report at runtime. Is that right?

Thank you

Mario Lopes
0
mariolopes
12/12/2007 4:57:50 PM

No,  you can change the report definition at runtime.

Refer my above post.

Shree
Please mark post as answer if its helpful.
0
Shree
12/13/2007 3:31:07 AM

Hi Shree.net What i have to write in stream?

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition(Stream)

I have two reports report1.rdlc and report2.rdlc and i use vb.net

Thank you

Mario Lopes
0
mariolopes
12/13/2007 9:04:32 AM

Hi Mariolopes,

Have a look at the LoadReportDefinition signature. It accepts a Stream.

So what you can do is create a FileStream object and give the path filename as the path of your report1.rdlc or report2.rdlc.

while pasing this to LoadReportDeifinition typecast it to stream.

Hope this helps you.

Shree
Please mark post as answer if its helpful.
0
Shree
12/17/2007 3:41:44 AM

hmm.. excuse me.. how can i create a filestream object? sorry im just a noob.. Stick out tongue

0
PrinceCarrot

how to get start with .NET

Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message.
Name: Linnea Hagberg Email: lhagbergatsmithcovedotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

Getting Started with reports
 I have created a report using visual studio 2005.   Is it possilble to include the rdl file in an asp.net project and access it via vb code?  If you could point me in the direction of a good guide or introduction to this I would be much abliged.  Well I'm worked with it some more and I can get it to show simple reports via a viewer. However I'm currently stuck with the issue of subforms.  I have 3 subreports on my main form.  Two of these subreports are based on the same base report but they should use a different datasource.The problem is i...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Getting Start With .net

How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005?
How do I change in runtime the data source of a report created using microsoft reporting technology in Visual Studio 2005? Hi, From your description, it seems that you want to switch the datasource programmatically during the run-time, right? If so, I think you should use the LinkedServer in sql statements which is a widely used method for parametric data source needs in reporting services applications. For more information, see: http://www.simple-talk.com/community/forums/post/2735.aspx  Thanks.This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is...

To Change .NET Framework in runtime
Hi all,      I am working in .NET Framework v1.1.While running the application, i have to change to .NET Framework2.0. How to change framework in runtime in ASP.NET application ?. Thanks in Advance RegardsNataraj.C   Hi.I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Change framework in runtime".However if you just want to switch the version of the framework that is being used by your web application (for testing purposes or whatever), you can use Denis Bauer's ASP.NET Version Switcher, see http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspxHope this help...

Changing a reports datasource at runtime
I thought I'd post this after wasting many hours of time with Crystal .NET v10. I found a number of samples on CR's website that showed how to change datasource/user/pwd at runtime but none worked. The reports would always open the datasource they were originally designed against. Call CrLogon() , the line of code that fixed everything and that was left out in all samples is tbl.Location = tbl.Location in the AppllyLogon procedure. This line makes no sense and shows poor programming practices. Obviousily the set property does some work that should be done elswhere. This is based ...

changing report title at runtime
Is there a way to name a report programatically, instead of having to do it at design time using 'Report Title'. How about charts titles - can they be named programatically? check this Post. It will show one way on how to change the report's title programmaticaly. psiThanks, Peter Iuvara, MCP...

Getting started .net website

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

ReportViewer Problem
Hi, I am using the followig code in an ajaxenabled we site to I am trying to show different reports using the same reportviewer. The problem is that after page load,  if I click on linkbuton2 report 2 shows up. if I click on report 1, again report 2 shows up. If I reload the page and click on linkbutton 1 first I get the error A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source 'DataSet2_MFG_Offers'. I have commented reportviewer1.databind() because it causes an error Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance o...

Web resources about - Reportviewer- Change report in runtime - asp.net.getting-started

Mark Messier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mark Douglas Messier ( / ˈ m ɛ s i . eɪ / ; born January 18, 1961) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey centre of the National Hockey ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

William Vaughn's Musings: ReportViewer Archives
I’ve been tuning my monthly webinar again to include more information about SQL Server Reporting Services (R2) and Visual Studio 2010. This high-impact ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

Dr. Dobbs - UBM TechWeb
is a fully searchable DVD that includes: • 21 years of Dr. Dobb's Journal (1988-2009) • 14+ years of C/C++ Users Journal (1990-2006) • 17 years ...

Forums
SALES: 1-800-867-1380 ACCOUNT PORTALS Sign in FREE TRIAL SOLUTIONS Solutions Infrastructure Mobile Web Media Integration Identity & Access Management ...

SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005 Downloads, Videos, Support - TechNet ...
Evaluate SQL Server versions and features and find downloads, videos, installation and troubleshooting information, service packs, community ...

NHL On-line ReportViewer
VISITOR LOS ANGELES KINGS Game 2 Away Game 2 3 Game Summary Game 0013 Friday, October 10, 2003 Attendance 16,986 at Mellon Arena Start 7:44 ...

Archive
Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between May 2014 Building Multiple Filters with Lo-Dash and AngularJS Compile, ...

Graduate Medical Education That Meets the Nation's Health Needs
Today's physician education system produces trained doctors with strong scientific underpinnings in biological and physical sciences as well ...