Report Server Project using sql server 2005 and VS 2008

 ok...this question might be completely stupid

I run sql server 2005 and VS 2008...I need to create to Report Server project

VS2005 has the Report Server Project under the Business Intelligence Projects selection when you create a new project...

How do I do this in VS2008?

0
bopritchard

Unfortunately u can't do it with VS2008

U have to use VS2005 for sql server 2005 reporting.

VS2008 will support[not current]  the reporting services project of Sql server 2008

You can check http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/VisualStudio/microsoft.public.vsnet.setup/2008-01/msg00026.html
Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47

Using VS.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005 for real projects?
We are working on the design of our new web site, which we initially targeted for ASP.NET 1.1.  We also planned on using SQL Server Reporting Services from SQL Server 2000.  However, I have been reading about ASP.NET 2.0, as well as vs.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005, including the fact that they are planned for release in Novemeber.  My questions is - should we consider using the beta products for our project, with the thought that they are relatively stable and production versions will be out in a few months?  I do see a number of attractive features in these new releases ...

sql server 2005 vs sql server 2008
Hello Guys, I am a beginner in web developing, having just started learning about the technology. I have come up with my first problem which is so basic, lol I have both sql server 2005 and sql server 2008 on my computer, I was just wondering if they can work properly along with each other and there is no conflict. \ If not, why can I not get connected to my server using sql server 2005? Please get back to me as soon as you can, Thanks It would work just fine. make sure in your windows services (from the control panel) that the database engine for the 2005 instance is running, and t...

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

VS 2008 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services "Business Intelligence Projects"
I installed Visual Studio 2008 Pro. Then I installed SQL Server 2005 Dev Edtion also on my XP machine. When I open up VS 08, I don't see the ability to create "Business Intelligence Projects" like I could do in VS 05. What's the best solution? - install VS 05 also now side-by-side, to use the Reporting Services report design tools? Can't VS 08 use the SQL 05 reporting tools? You need VS2005 to use SQL 2005 BI, SSIS etc.(I expect SQL 2008 will use VS 2008.) Richard Bummer. Thanks for the info. what about those of us who use oracle as our data source? ...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

migrating from sql server 2005 to sql server 2008
l have vs2005 and sql server 2005  with sql management studio runing very fine.then l decided to upgrade to vs 2008 and sql server 2008,the vs2008 works fine but the sql server 2005 with sql management studio and the sql server 2008 are not working.l try all l could but nothing work.l even decided to uninstalled both sql server 2005 and sql server 2008 with the sql management studio.but l need if help if there is a way to let it run without uninstalled thanks  There is an add-on to allow SQL2008 SSMS to access SQL2005. See https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLSe...

Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET?
Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET? Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/default.aspIf my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

Web resources about - Report Server Project using sql server 2005 and VS 2008 - asp.net.getting-started

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Paper by FiftyThree makes starting new projects easier with templates
... improves various aspects of its interface and functionality. Get started with templates With the new version of Paper, you can start new projects ...

Get up to 93 certifications in project management for $50
... going to need to add a page to your resume—this eduCBA tech certification bundle can help you get 93 different tech certifications in project ...

Trump's Face Pulled From Dubai Luxury Golf Course Project
An image of Donald Trump was taken down from a billboard advertising a golf course and luxury-housing development on the outskirts of Dubai as ...

Scotland's tidal power project aims to produce electricity - Videos - CBS News
A large field of underwater turbines off the coast of Scotland could produce as much electricity as a big coal, gas or nuclear power plant on ...

Project Phoenix Kickstarter, slated for 2015, pushed to 2018
Well, this is bad news. Project Phoenix , a game from a dream team of JRPG developers, was initially gunning for a 2015 date based on their ...

Google's Project Sunroof can assess homes in more states
Solar panels are a huge investment, so something like Project Sunroof that can tell you if they're a good fit for your location is extremely ...

Forbes Career Opportunity: Project Manager, Product Development
Forbes Media seeks a Project Manager to work across our organization, driving the execution and delivery of a wide range of products. Forbes ...