Removing a control dynamically

Hi,

I want to dynamically remove a text box control.
I have tried:

this.Controls.Remove(txtBox);

to remove the text box, but it still remains after it is supposed to be gone.
I didn't dynamically create this text box with Add. Is that a problem?
The text box is also contained in a htmlTable cell.
0
michelle_a

Is txtBox the id of your Textbox control in your <asp:Textbox> element?

Where are you placing your code? Page_Load?
Try setting the Visible property to False.
Jamie Kindred, CGA, MCSD
0
NetProfit
9/5/2003 12:02:41 PM
well no, txtBox isn't the id of my textbox control, but I have used

the real id in my code =)
The code is not in the Page_Load event, but in the SelectedIndexChanged event
handler of a drop down list.
The text box is placed in a htmlTable cell, so I have also tried:

AlignTable.Rows[0].Cells[0].Controls.Remove(txtBox)

but that didn't work either. I am actually trying to replace the
textbox in the table cell with a dynamically created drop down list.
So I'm not sure what would happen if i set the text box's
visible property to false and then add the dynamic drop down list to
the same cell. sounds dangerous, but i will try =)
Thank you very much.
0
michelle_a
9/5/2003 12:14:59 PM
and what is txtBox ??, how do you initialize that variable??
Christian Calderon
Need to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!
Classic ASP Framework
0
ccalderon

Dynamic Slave Controls
I am working a solution to enhance slave controls. I have created a proof of concept based on the 2.04 code base that shows how to load slave controls without switching to the admin view. I have included a sample module that contains 3 view controls. Each control has a row of buttons that can be used to load one of the other 2 controls. (and no I am not using panels.) The default control has a drop down of other instances of the dynamic control that exist on the current tab. Using the module communicator you can raise an event from one control that tells another instance of the module what c...

Getting control type from dynamically created controls?
I am using a DB table to drive the dynamic creation of a form. I maintain a list of all the form Ids in the viewstate so that I can use the call to FindControl to pick them out. However, I have not figured out a way to differentiate between the different types of form controls programatically (ie dropDownList, TextBox, RadioButtonList, etc), since there is not an explicit type indicator in the Control class telling you which type of control it is. Anyone know a way to get the control type from a generic Control class? I suppose I could extend the Control class to contain a type indicator...

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

Help getting control name and value of dynamic controls
I have an application which creates a dynamic form consisting of an html table with web controls in the page. I need a user to be able to fill in this form and then grab the values of each control and save both the control name and the control value to a database. This is the Code that I have Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load If not ispostback then Dim infotable As New Table Dim objparticipant As New Participants.ParticipantInfo Dim objCustomFields As New CustomFieldController Dim TypeId As Intege...

Dynamic Controls Within Dynamic Controls
Ok, So here's what i'm trying to do: I have the first set of controls, on the page which are dynamicly added, i'll just show simplified code, do to the complex nature of the full thing, so this is part one: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) Label1.Text = ""; for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) { Button li = new Button(); li.Text = "Click Me - " + i.ToString(); li.ID = i.ToString();   li.Click +=new EventHandler(li_Click); PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(li); PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<br/>"));   } } N...

remove a gridview column dynamically, removes controls in template columns
I have a interface with a treeview and a gridview. The gridview has two templatefields that handles insert/update/deletes. The gridview is handling editing of different tables so I create the other columns in the gridview dynamically as boundfields. The user selects the table to edit in the treeview. The problem I am having happens when the user selects a table to edit the second time. The code that executes removes all bound fields, (dynamically added when user selected the first table in the treeview), but not the two template fields, and then adds boundfields specifi...

Get user input from dynamic created control, why i cant get the value???
Hi!, i was tried to dynamically generate some textboxes according the selected number in a dropdownlist, but when i need to get the user input from those textboxes.. i cant get at all!!, Can any1 guide me on tis? Below is my code.Basically, i have 1 dropdownlist (ddltbCount), 1 placeHolder(Pholder1), 1 button(btGetValue), i dont know y i cant post the html here... Private count As Integer = 1 Sub IterateThroughChildren(ByVal parent As Control) For Each c As Control In parent.Controls If c.GetType.ToString.Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox") AndAlso c.ID Is Nothing Then ' CType(c, T...

Dynamically Loading User Control and Maintaining its viewstate. And Getting Values from the control.
 I have a drop down which is populated on the page looad.  When i select an item from drop downlist i get to see two listboxes with add/removing the objects from one left to right listbox and below that i have a user control which should be populated dynamically based on the selectedvalue from drop down list.  So there are three sections that are seen once a selected value is consiedered from drop down list.  Now I am getting the user control using the below code givencase "42": viewRequired = "vw_AncCostSavingsByCarrier_adhoc";    ...

Dynamically removing controls
Hi all, My problem is pretty simple: I want to be able to click + and - buttons to add or remove text boxes. Adding works fine but when removing you have to click on the button twice. I've searched around and seen the same issue elsewhere but somehow I'm not quite able to grasp what changes I need to make to my own code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the aspx file contents:<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="AddingDropdowns.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ARD.Dev.Assets.AddingDropdowns"%><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >&l...

when i load control dynamically i cannot get server control's clientid in javascript
i load control dynamically from codebehind, in one placeholder,i put javascript  validations for pages,but i cannot get servercontrol's clientid in javascript function, also when i see the "view source" of page, i cannot find those servercontrols which load dynamically, is there any solution to do this??thanks VISHAL PAREKH  When you load your control, please add an ID on it ex:TextBox txt = new TextBox();txt.ID = "MyID";Then on your script you can point to this txt.ClientIDHope this helpCheersAndyRemember to mark this as answered if this solved ...

Removing Dynamic Controls
when i post back and my pages calls LoadViewState(object) and then calls "CreateChildControls" how can i handle removing controls if that value of what control i should remove does not get set in the viewstate until the click event of my button???? which means i wont have the value of the removed control until it post back again....which will leave me with having to click my delete button twice to remove the control from the page...any help on how to firgure this out??Give Yourself a round of applause!DLPDeveloper What you need to do is Get rid of CreateChildC...

Remove controls dynamically!
 I have 4 datagrids on a page and depending on a few parameters leading to that page I want to remove two of them.if(parameter1){     this.Controls.Remove(datagrid3);    this.Controls.Remove(datagrid4);} This piece of code does not seem to work. Whats the proper way to remove a control that was added at design time, during run-time?    Dear Freind, You can't remove the controls added at the design time, if you wants to remove the controls dynamically, then add them dynamically only.  Happy Coding. Mark as a...

how to get start with .NET

postback from dynamic controls to create more dynamic controls
Hi, Could any one help me?  I have a masterpage with dynamically created list boxes.  When the user selects an item from the listbox the selected value will be used to dynamically create a set of controls in the contentplaceholder.  The problem i have is that the item selected from the list box is posted back and i do not know what the selected item is until the life cycle is complete.  During the post back is there a way to findout which listbox control performed a post back and its value before i get to the init part of the content page where i woul...

Web resources about - Removing a control dynamically - asp.net.getting-started

iPhone 5 A6 chip to dynamically up-clock up to 1.3GHz (and downclock too)?
Interesting video from our friends at TLDToday: If this is not just a Geekbench app glitch, it could indicate why that A6 processor is so 2X ...

iPhone 5 Lightning port dynamically reassigns pins
... of Apple's Lightning USB cable shows that the pins on the plug aren't arranged symmetrically, suggesting that the Lightning port can dynamically ...