Redirect to another solution

Hi Everyone, i have a question to ask. I want to know if there a way for my ASP.NET application to redirect to another visual studio solution in another folder? Means that when i click on a button on my ASP.NET application, it will reference to a visual studio solution in another folder? Is there a way to do so?

learning will never grows old
0
jingjie28

In your References folder of the current project, right click and click add a reference.

View Brenden Kehren's profile on LinkedIn
Remember to mark as answer if this post answered your question.
0
b471code3

Try with this,

If you have IIS already installed in your Machine then follow this steps below on how to Deploy a WebSite

-Copy your WebSite Application Folder to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
-Then Go to IIS or simply type inetmgr in run
-Under IIS Collapse the SeverName
-Then You can see there the  Web Sites Folder then ExPAND that folder
-Expand the Default WebSites
-Select The Folder that you have just added in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
-Right Click On it and Go to Directory Security TAB
-Click Edit Button
-Then A pop up window will show.. CLick the Integarted Windows Authentication and click OK
-Now Browse your Site

You may also refer here

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/2f45f2ea-bcf8-4d23-9f15-5caf7ebdc2ef.mspx?mfr=true

Actual result from vinz:http://forums.asp.net/t/1266976.aspx

Ahsan Murshed
__________________________
Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you.
ASP BOSS
0
ahsanm
5/5/2009 4:37:53 AM

b471code3:

In your References folder of the current project, right click and click add a reference.

u mean reference to another project in another folder?

learning will never grows old
0
jingjie28
5/5/2009 6:16:51 AM

Hi all, i have this receiver.exe file which is taken out from a Visual Studio 2005 solution. So what can i do so that when i click on a button, it execute the .exe file?

learning will never grows old
0
jingjie28
5/5/2009 6:30:05 AM

 visit the below article to find how to execute an exe from asp.net

http://dotnetslackers.com/Community/blogs/haissam/archive/2007/02/02/Run-Executable-file-in-ASP.NET.aspx

The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes
0
sreejukg

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting started .net website

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced the only main differences are the content type delivered. you can do whatever you need to do on the application side, as long as the content output fits the browser to which you are targeting. From what I know windows mobile apps are the apps you write for a specific mobile device. Now this app can be standalone or use internet if needed. The web applications are not application, you use browser on your mobile device to access the web site specially targeted towards mobile devices. Hope it is clear. i think i misunderstood what you are asking here lol. after reading back thru yr post, it looks as tho if yr asking the difference between a web site and an application that runs on a specific mobile phone?...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

solution for getting data after postback in gridview in PopupControlExtender in another gridview
hello everybody. I have a gridview having linkbutton inside template columns based on clicking a linkbutton some data to be fetched and to be displayed in an internal gridview(inside template field)in popupextendercontrol. i was trying a lot but spite of existance of data,the internal gridview (inside popupextendercontrol) does not being displayed . any help will be greate appriciatable ...... thanking u all Hi, Thank you for your post! I have answered this question at http://forums.asp.net/t/1214091.aspx ThanksSincerely,Jin-Yu YinMicrosoft Online Community...

DNN 4, VS.NET 2003: Should I get another IDE?
This could be posted in some other place, but concerns to most DNNers because I guess there must be a few folks like me who only maintain/develop code for DNN sites. So, I have a few questions related to development tools: - Are we OK with VS.NET 2003 or should we get Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition or Visual Studio Express?  (man, choices are multiplying) - Also, are we OK if we run in SQL 2005 Express. Any recommendations? Thinking depends upon conditioning. Where there is conditioning there is no freedom.Krishnamurti. DNN 4 will not work i...

How to redirect to another page after inserting a new record with ADO.NET
I have ADO.NET code that inserts a new record in my database. I want to redirect a user to some sort of a thank you page after the user click "Insert Record" button. Think of some functionality similar to a gridviews iteminserted event. Below is my code.Protected Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) TryDim patientsex As New ListItemDim paymentmode As New ListItem patientsex = sex.SelectedItem paymentmode = paymode.SelectedItemDim myconnection_string As SqlConnection myconnection_string = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Attac...

RE: Need help getting started using hashes
Thank you, David Gray and David K for all your help with understanding hashes. David Gray, the article you referenced at <http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perlreftut.html> was very helpful. Thank you also for the hash of arrays solution which was just exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you David K for showing me some excellent SQL techniques, in addition to the program itself. For those following the thread, and others searching later, here's a final working program which illustrates the technique. Below it is a dump of the database used in this example. �--------...

solution for getting postback data in gridview in PopupControlExtender in another gridview
 hello everybody. I have a gridview having linkbutton inside template columns based on clicking a linkbutton some data to be fetched and to be displayed in an internal gridview(inside template field)in PopupControlExtender. i was trying a lot but spite of existance of data,the internal gridview (inside PopupControlExtender) does not being displayed .any help will be greate appriciatable ......thanking u all..... Hi, Thank you for your post! I think it is an issue abot nested gridview and updatepanel. The following example includes a GridView control inside an Updat...

VJSharpCodeProvider.dll
My ASP.NET application is trying to load VJShareCodeProvider.dll (I guess because of some CodeDOM dynamic stuff). I only have version 7.0.5000.0 of this assembly. Where do I find 2.0.0.0? Even better if you can tell me how to not need this at all. I understand that you can defin compilers in machine.config, but not remove this default one (http://blogs.msdn.com/pfedev/archive/2007/11/13/assemblyresolve-event-and-vjsharpcodeprovider.aspx)  Appreciate any help on this!...

How to get the value from one page to another page when i use response.redirect
I have two webforms, webform1 and webform2i am doing the response.redirect on webform1 to get onto webform2.I am doing the following:response.redirect("webform2.aspx?ID=23")Now on webform2.aspx i only have Javascript functions.How can i get the value of my response.querystring("ID") into the javascript function.I am calling this javascript function of forms onload.I have the functions on the html window only not using the vb.net code behind.Please i have real difficulty. Help me.Thank you very much for the information. Hi,Try below code in your webform2.aspx. Private Sub Page_Loa...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Definitive question about ajax .net (starting an update from a page from another for only 2 second!!)
Hello everybody, this is a very difficult question… imagine 2 webform asp.net A and B B is an iframe inside A..  A talk with B using an asp hyperlink I need A send a message to B and B start this event an Ajax update for two second (or just one) and stop it, not refresh! I need B using ajax refresh only if fired by A.. How I can do this?? Thanks in advance at all Your sincerely truly Seems difficult but you can do it in another way. Pass the parameter from A to A. And on Page load set the url of Iframe with parameters. This will workDo mark as answer i...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

Get week numbers 1 TO 52 starting in another month rather than january
Hi folks,Anyone here know of a function or seen anything on the net where I can count the weeks from one to 53 in a year? - except the year starts on April 1st 2008 and ends on March 31st 2009 - im doing this to sync my tax yearSpent the last hour trying to think of how to do one - more difficult than I imagined! Not sure exactly what you are trying to do... If you are trying to use a specific Date to tell you what week you are in you could turn the date into a week number by multiplying the month number -1 * 4 plus however many weeks are in the current month number and then subtract the ...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Web resources about - Redirect to another solution - asp.net.getting-started

Asteroid Redirect Mission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Asteroid Redirect Mission ( ARM ), also known as the Asteroid Retrieval and Utilization ( ARU ) mission and the Asteroid Initiative , is ...

What percentage of PageRank is lost through a 301 redirect? - YouTube
Roughly what percentage of PageRank is lost through a 301 redirect? Sam Harries, Exeter, United Kingdom Have a question? Ask it in our Webmaster ...

CloudFlare boss’s Gmail hacked in redirect attack on 4Chan
Content distribution network CloudFlare reset all its customer API keys over the weekend after its CEO’s personal and corporate Gmail was breached ...

Parramatta shootings: We need to redouble our efforts to redirect all at-risk teens from a destructive ...
He was too young to drive, and too young to vote. We may discover why he killed, but we may not. What we can do is boost our efforts to divert ...

Parramatta shootings: We need to redouble our efforts to redirect all at-risk teens from a destructive ...
He was too young to drive, and too young to vote. We may discover why he killed, but we may not. What we can do is boost our efforts to divert ...

Budget 2015: Generic drug prices expected to fall as Government redirects health spending
Patients will benefit from a significant drop in the price of many common drugs with changes due in next week's budget.

Defence review aims to redirect $1B a year in spending
The Department of National Defence today launched a top-down review of how it manages its back office with a goal of finding about a billion ...

Redirect Permanent
Just a little note to tell you this blog has now completely moved to its new home. I hope you find it nicer, especially more mobile-friendly. ...

Colorado governor candidate redirects volunteers to Douglas County races
KUSA-Republican gubernatorial candidate and current Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler is wading into a local school board election. ...

China’s ‘Great Cannon’ Uses DDoS Style Redirects for Censorship
... the great firewall works to block traffic by terminating links; it can’t alter the traffic, just stop it. The great cannon modifies and redirects ...