question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1

Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1).

1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed.
2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place

Question 2:
The installation for Visualt Studio .NET has one component listed as "Microsoft .Net".
which of the above components i mention above does this correspond to? I want to intall Visual Studio, then apply the 1.1 update, but again, i don't want duplicates..so would like to ideally apply 1.1 to the directory where 1.0 (installed by Visual Studio) reside.
thanks
0
dimension0

They should be in:

C:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.xxxx
where c:\windows is your windows directory
and
v1.1.xxxx is your .net framework version
0
hysaccess
11/15/2003 7:53:07 AM
the thing is...i have Visual Studio .NET 2002.  I installed 1.1 Framework and SDK, but visual Studio does not recognize it...when i go to the about screen, it istill says Microsoft .NET version 1.0XXX
0
dimension0
11/15/2003 7:22:05 PM
Have you tried removing 1.1 Framework and re-applying it ?
0
hysaccess

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

.net framework 1.1 and vs.net 2002
Hi, Is it possible to use the .NET Framework SDK 1.1 with VS.NET 2002? Thanks As of my knowledge not possible! But see if any one has any other tricks to use!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

VS.net says .net 1.1 not installed
This is really driving me nuts!! I installed VS.net, installed IIS 5, then installed (supposedly) .net framework 1.1 Heres the rub. I try to create a new web app in vs and all I get are messages telling me that the server does not have .net 1.1 installed. I re-installed the .net framework 1.1 and tried again. Still nothing. I am running the server on the same machine that I am working with VS.net for now. I have looked around the Internet and have followed several tutorials and quick fixes that did not work at all. I have tried restarting the server. I have tried renameing w...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Web resources about - question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1 - asp.net.getting-started

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper