Question In Error Message

Hi all, my name is Ryan, I have a question regarding the web application that I've built.

I have a web application that has a function to download a file from a server, I already build the function and tested it, but when I test for a downloading--a file that is--it gave an error message:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), responsefilters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near 'GIF89a'

I tried to use a gif file for downloading file example. Can you guys help me please, thanks.

Best Regards,

Ryan

0
ryanrei

ahsanm
5/5/2009 3:44:42 AM

HI all, first of all thanks for ahsanm.m for the reply.

I finally figure it out whats the problem, I use a link button for downloading a file, I placed the link button inside AJAX update panel, when I put it outside AJAX update panel it finally worked out, but that's not solve the problem, because it's different from my supervisor requierment, they wanted me to use AJAX, so is there any of you guys could help me please, thanks.

Regards,

Ryan

0
ryanrei
5/5/2009 4:14:37 AM

hi ryan,.

May i know why you are using linkbutton for it? is there any special requirenment for it ?

If yes then please mention here and if no then please use HTMLANCHOR tag for this.

Here you can download the same file with it just give full path where you had stored that image.

And please give target= "_blank' it will work same as you want.

Please let me know if you have any query regarding this.

hiral

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Getting Error while Restarting EAServer if queue has persistant messages Error(CtsComponents/MessageService/start: cache=jack_dev_pool: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: minor code: 0 completed: No)
hi all, I am using Java Messaging Queues, If queues has message while I am bouning EAServer, I am getting following Error. (CtsComponents/MessageService/start: cache=jack_dev_pool: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: minor code: 0 completed: No) I am getting ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Noob question
I have a application that use a master page, in the master page i load a ascx file..The ascx have a timer, on the interval 30,000, sometimes then the timer do the Tick method the server is busy, etc etc, and i got a javascript alert message.. Is it possbile to ignore this error message in someway?  Sorry for bad engelish!...

getting error message each time i start firefox
Hi! I get this message everytime i start firefox: 'one or more files could not be updatet. Please make shure all other applications are closed and that you have permission to modify the files, and then restart Firefox to try again.' I got the permission to modify the files, and there is no other applications running. I also get error messages installing other software that Firefox must be closed before I can continue. Even though Firefox is closed. Please help, Dennis Jr. ...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

How to Trap Error Messages when getting data from a linked Access Table (asp2.net)
Hi, I am developing an excel import tool, where the user imports a set excel sheet and it populates it into the SQL database. Currently the structure is as follows: User selects the Excel Sheet > gets uploaded and called upload.xls > is read through an access.mdb file using a linked table referring to a named reference called Data > shows it on web page (initial check) > imports it to a temp SQL Server Table > shows it on screen, showing only unique records (ones that aren't in the system) > data is imported. It works perfectly well if the us...

I'm getting a script error message sometimes when trying to start firefox
Name: Venessa Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: I'm getting a script error message sometimes when trying to start firefox Comments: This is the message I get: A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox%203.5%20Beta%204/components/nsAddonRepository.js:338 It happens when firefox is trying to bring up the add-on updater before actually starting. If you click "continue" it seems normal, a...

Getting error message using error number
This probably is a silly question - Can anybody tell me how to trap an error message that is returned from the database inside a stored procedure? I am able to trap the error using the global var @@error, but dont seem to find any such thing for the text of the error message. I also am able to get the text of the corresponding error number from master..sysmessages, but then, the placeholders are empty. Any help is appreciated Thanks Arviind Rajan wrote: > > This probably is a silly question - > Can anybody tell me how to trap an error message that is returned from ...

I Get this error : Compiler Error Message BC30002.
Hi everybody, i'm working on a project and works fine in my local server, but when i try to public into the production server, doesn't works i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'ClsDataAccess' is not defined.Source Error:  Line 3: Partial Class Presentacion_MasterPageLine 4: Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPageLine 5...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

I get this error message at start up "Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs. This is us
Name: Dennis Pino Email: dennisdotpinoatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I get this error message at start up "Well, this is embarrassing. Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently opened web page." Comments: I get this error message because I have my home page set to a blank page. I do this because I do not want by browser to go to any site until I tell it to. I have always had my home page set up this way but it has only been the last co...

How to get error stack trace for showing error message
I am using http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/tutorials/CustomizingErrorHandlingforUpdatePanel.aspx for Using Client Script to Customize Error HandlingI am able to get the error message from errorMessage = args.get_error().message;But how can i get the stack trace of the error message ?  Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U Any idea friends ?Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www....

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Web resources about - Question In Error Message - asp.net.getting-started

Hillary Raises The Electability Question Again And The Polls Respond
The Clinton Machine is back to the inevitability argument which has served her so poorly in the past. And now, when they're not using the same ...

Charlie Rose lands first interview with Sean Penn about his El Chapo meeting and says he has a 'thousand ...
Charlie Rose has landed the first television interview with Sean Penn since Rolling Stone published the actor's story about his secret meeting ...

Question #1 for 2016: How much will the economy grow in 2016?
Earlier I posted some questions for next year: Ten Economic Questions for 2016 . I'm adding some thoughts, and a few predictions for each question. ...

Trump likens Cruz's citizenship to questions about Clinton's email server
Presidential candidate Donald Trump ratcheted up his attacks on Ted Cruz, attacking him on everything from his citizenship to connections to ...

White House to use social media to answer questions after tonight's Obama speech
President Barack Obama's administration will be using social media to take on questions and prompt discussions following Obama's final State ...

‘My Role’: Emails Raise New Questions About Sid Blumenthal’s ‘Projects’ For The Clintons
‘My Role’: Emails Raise New Questions About Sid Blumenthal’s ‘Projects’ For The Clintons

Wendie Malick Weighs in on Jerry Hall's Engagement to Rupert Murdoch: 'I Question Her Choice of Husbands-to-Be' ...
Wendie Malick Weighs in on Jerry Hall's Engagement to Rupert Murdoch: 'I Question Her Choice of Husbands-to-Be'

To Patent or Not to Patent: That Is the Question for Startups
The U.S. Supreme Court’s 2014 ruling against the Alice Corporation, which rendered the company’s software patents invalid, left many startups ...

Two Stops, No Questions, and One Embroidered Marc Jacobs Sweater: Getting Out the Vote With Lena Dunham ...
DES MOINES, IOWA—At two campaign events for Hillary Clinton in Iowa on Saturday, speaker Lena Dunham did not shake any hands, nor did she take ...