Pull data from excel sheet into another excel sheet. Automate it

I have following requirement:-

1. Need to write a script that can be scheduled to run after every one hour.

The script should be able to pull the data from an excel sheet (saved on file system) after every one hour and replace the excel sheet already stored somewhere else with the latest contents.

Incase the new excel does not exist. it should be able to create that excel as well and populate with the data from the excel sheet being extracted from.

So, I need how to automate this script to run every one hour.

and how to pull the data from excel sheet into another.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

0
whidbey_boy

I'm pretty sure you could use System.Data.OleDbClient for this, although you might have to resort to ODBC.  This link should get you started.

Cheers,

Peter Brunone
MS MVP, ASP.NET
Founder, EasyListBox.com
Do the impossible, and go home early.
0
PeterBrunone

how to get data from a excel sheet
hi, iam using the following code to get data from excel sheet  if (!File.Exists(strFilePath)) return false; String strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" + "Data Source=" + strFilePath + ";"+ "Extended Properties='Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes'"; OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(strConn); try { connExcel.Open();OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter("", conn); da.SelectCommand = new OleDbCommand("select * from [Data]", conn);da.Fill(ds, "data");gdview.DataSource = ds.Tables["data"...

Export Datagrid value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet)
Hai     Export Datagrid  value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet). I want to copy the content of datagrid(dataset ) to excel sheet . Also i want to  change the header style(Change the background color of the header in excel sheet). Pls help me.....................

In gridview export to excel how to get colors in excel sheet
 Hello All, I am struck with a small problem here.I am displaying a gridview with some colorful rows.But when I am exporting the gridview to excel these colors are not appearing.Please give me a solution.Below i am giving the class file i used to export gridview to excel. public void ExportGridToExcel(DataSet ds, HttpResponse response,string file_name)    {        //first let's clean up the response.object        response.Clear();        response.AddHeade...

To select excel sheet in a excel work book using VB.NET
Hi, i would like to fetch the data from different sheets in an Excel workbook. Can anyone give me an idea and the code to do so using  VB.NET.   Looking forward to an early reply..  Thanks,Sravan Kumar. hi, try this "select * from sheet1" -- get data from sheet 1 "select * from sheet2" -- get data from sheet 2"Mark as Answer" -- on the post that helps youRKChaudary...

SOS!How can i Append Excel's Sheet from another excel with c#
How can i Append Excel's Sheet from another excel with c# .. EG: A.xls sheet stat ,sheet1 sheet2 B.xls Sheet 3, I want Copy B.xls 's sheet3 into A.xls thanks....

Excel Expert: need a good solution to fill some data into a complex excel sheet
I am stuck with a problem The Requirement is that, there a complex Excel file(XLS) that is used as template; it has Macros and all the worksheets are either locked or hidden. When the user clicks to download it, the follows operation occurs Unlock a particular worksheet, fill some data @ certain cells and then lock it back. Unhide a worksheet, fill some data @ certain cells and then hide it back. I think there are two options to resolve it (if there are more then please let me know) Interop libraries / Excel Object Library OLEDb Driver    I cannot ...

Export data from dataset to excel sheet using vb.net
in buttom click event i wrote the code, all the content from database stored in a dataset but i can't export data from dataset to exel sheet any one please help me my email id is "msd200623@rediffmail.com" i sent my code Protected Sub btndownload_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btndownload.Click Dim userid As String Dim tempmobileno As String = "" 'Dim reader As SqlDataReader userid = Session("user") Dim total As Integer = 0 Dim selectedrefid As String = &quo...

Getting null values while importing data from excel sheet to sqql server
Hai Friends, Actually i want to import excel sheet in to sql server tables. I am writing the following query                                                                                 &nb...

Copy Excel Sheet
Introduction Have you known OOXML? Have you started using ExcelPakage to generate Excel files or other OOXML files on your server? If yes, did you find that there is no “CopySheet” function in this package, actually, the section of Copy is empty, just a name there. We must say ExcelPakage is a powerful and useful tool, we can handle OOXML files in a very easy way by using it, and we also plan to use it in our new development. However, CopySheet is our main requirement and it’s real a pity that we can’t find such a function in ExcelPakage. After taking some efforts, we fill it up ourself. ...

Getting Error when getting Excel work sheet name.
Hi all,I am using following code to get excel work sheet name.Getting the following error.It is working properly in Local machine.But when we upload in server it is giving following error. Cannot create ActiveX component. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component. and my source code  Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel    Dim objExcel As Exce...

Reading Excel sheet when sheet name is unknown
I'm starting to mess around with importing Excel sheets into gridviews. Thanks to some research in this forum, I have almost everything I need. The problem I have is all the examples require the system to already know the sheet name or have a named range defined in Excel: OleDbCommand objCmdSelect = new OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM myRange1", objConn); Is there a way to just get the first worksheet of information regardless of name? Oh, one other twist, the sheet may already be named, so I cannot assume it is the default name. Any help is appreciated!    &...

Merging Different excel Sheets into one sheet
Hi all I have one composite datawindow in which i have 5 different datawindows nested in to it. I can generate five different Excel sheets for each datawindow ,by using getchild and saveas function function. But now i want all the five Excel Sheets to be saved in One single excel sheet. So can any one tell the method of merging all the sheets in one Thanks Ankit ...

Import data from excel sheet data to Sql Server 2008 database
 Hello,  I am doing an project in which i am going to get the data from the excel sheet and insert it into My SQL Server 2005 database.How can i do it,can any one help me out to get me out of this problem with an example. You could use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to do this.  If you need to repeat the process remember that you can host an SSIS package as a SQL Agent job and run it repeatedly, and you can kick off the job from code. A walkthrough of this is here: http://www.builderau.com.au/program/sqlserver/soa/How-to-import-an-Excel-file-into-SQL-Server-2005-us...

Export data to Excel Sheet, Display Progress Bar while loading data
Hi All, I have a VB.NET requirement where I  enter the SQL query  and hit the submit button, I should get the data in to dataset, from dataset I have to export the data from dataset to Excelsheet. I made that work so far. But sometimes I have huge queries, which takes more than a minute to get the dataset back from the database. For that I would like to put a dynamic progressbar which would tell the user that the data is loading. I have the javascript functions which will hide and display the progress bar(which is just an animation image) during the data load. var p...

Web resources about - Pull data from excel sheet into another excel sheet. Automate it - asp.net.getting-started

Qapital - Automate your savings on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Qapital - Automate your savings. Download Qapital - Automate your ...

Joueuse de Tympanon - automate - YouTube
http://www.automates-boites-musique.com La Joueuse de Tympanon est un automate du XVIIIe siècle, se trouvant aujourd'hui au Conservatoire National ...

Nuage sprouts Alcatel's software-only bid to automate clouds
GigaOM Nuage sprouts Alcatel's software-only bid to automate clouds Australian Techworld Alcatel-Lucent is promising more manageable cloud ...

To automate the office or not? – Opinion – ABC Technology and Games (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) ...
... marketing services are far from the efficient, self-service experiences of online shopping and banking. Even though we enjoy fully automated ...

Mercedes-Benz E-Class to automate highway driving
New feature will be available in March 2016

The Logic Pros: Automate tedious MIDI edits into a single-click with Logic’s Transform feature
... of arduous tasks done in just a few clicks: I think it’s safe to say we all run into situations where we would like to have some sort of automated ...

Today’s Tech: How A Business Lawyer Automates His Practice
Text expansion and document automation are two great ways to streamline your practice, according to attorney David Sparks.

Why You Should Never Automate Your Twitter Marketing Campaigns
... effective. However, automating an entire marketing campaign? It’s probably not a great idea. If you’re already sending out robotic, automated ...

Mirriad, the Company That Wants to Automate Product Placement, Gets Some High-Profile Help
... NFL games to the rotating billboards behind home plate in baseball games. But the London-based company wants to make this a really big, automated ...

Rumored Google app automates Starbucks hotspot login
Soon tech-savvy Starbucks customers slurping both lattes and bandwidth will have their Internet lives a lot easier. Google is reported to be ...