Hello,

I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.

For achieving this,I follow the following steps-

1.Open the project using the .vbproj file.
2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....."
3.I click "Yes"
4.I assume that the project is now converted.
5.I build the project & try to run it.
6.I get the following error -

Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %>

Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.

Can anyone please help me?
0
himali

This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations, including the default namespace settings for the projects, and make sure that they are all the same.

ILDASM or reflector are good tools to check out namespaces, because they show you what you've really got, not what you think that you've got.
Regards

Dave
0
DMW

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Porting VB.Net application to .Net Framework 1.1
Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 ,which,I am trying to port on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Appli...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

how to upgrade .net framework1.0 to .net framework 1.1 or 2
how to upgrade .net framework1.0 to .net framework 1.1 or 2? I have already installed the new versions of the framework, but still y .net 2002 is using 1.0 framework. Is there a way out i can upgrade it? Its an urgency! Thanks, shakun  If you're using VS 2002, then you SHOULD be using .net framework 1.0.  .Net 2.0 applies to VS 2005 and I believe 1.1 applies to VS 2003 (maybe 2002 as well, but not sure). Correct. VS 2002 only capable of using 1.0, VS 2003 uses 1.1 and VS 2005 uses 2.0. You can install 2003 and 2005 on the same machine, but neither can coexist with...

Web resources about - Problems while porting .Net framework 1.0 (VB.Net) application to .Net Framework 1.1 - asp.net.getting-started

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...