printing in certain format the web forms

Hi Everyone,

I want to print something like

   First Name : John Doe  < field coming from database>

                 Supervisor: smith  < field coming from database>

 and address at the bottom half of the page. I want this directly to be printed to the printer and there are at least 100 names or more that will be coming from the database and I need them to be printed on seperate page so one name, supervisor and address combination can only occur on one page and another name, supervisor and address combination should come on next page. How can I achieve this in asp.net. In other words I want 100 or more pages to be printed with
  the name, address and supervisor continusally.

vinki

client side or server side ?

maybe some of these links help.

 http://aspalliance.com/462

http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3102381

see my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org
0
interwanderer1

How to format a web form for printing?
Hi all, Is there a way to quickly 'see' (i.e. preview) the effect of printing a form without actually printing it out? IF yes, How?Thanks Tony  File | Print Preview? Are you talking about a web form? When you load it in the browser the best chance to see a preview is what I said above, although both Firefox and IE have trouble rendering accurate print previews. You can manipulate this outcome by creating a print only stylesheet:http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=print+stylesheet Hi TonyCheung1888, You can put some controls into control div,then preview it. ...

Need to prompt client with Print Dialog from IE; need some format to print web form content
Have you ever been on a website, and it will have a link or button to "Print Something", and when pressed, the Windows print dialog will automatically appear?  Well that is what I need to do.  I am guessing it must be some Javascript or something in .NET to do this.  So here are my questions. 1. How do I show the user a print dialog box from IE when they click on a link or button on my ASP.NET page? 2. The content I want to print is just a long set of instructions in an ASP.NET text box.  What would be the best product/format to put this in that can ...

Help getting started with a dynamic web form
I'm new to .NET so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a form that needs to be dynamically created based on the contents of a XML file. The XML contains data for each 'row' to be created and what type of fields (textbox, custom select box, etc) should be displayed. The number of each type of field will vary from time to time. Using ASP I would have either used XSL to create a form or DOM to walk through the contents of the XML and display/name the proper fields. Using .NET I'm not sure what the proper method is to accomplish my goal. I can use XML c...

How to start coding vb.net(web form and Crystal repotrs)
I use Crystal Report in Visual Studio.NET 2003..... Example at Northwind database I want a application that.....a form include a combobox that contain CustomerID.....If I choose one CustomerID and click OK button....a Report will display information about this Customer......I think that must use Paramater.....how to do that ???? (please help me step by step,I try it before but not success) please help me !!! There is sample code and tutorials on my blog entry: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/richard.dudley/archive/2004/05/03/12692.aspxIf my post is your answer, please mar...

How do you get rid of footer and header tags on print form in VB.net
When I print a form it has the tags at the top and bottom. Does anyone know how to get rid of those in VB.net when printing the form. If you are talking about the default bits put out by the browser then I think you will have to wait until css3 is adopted. Failing that, can you try generating pdf files for your user? At least that way you'd have more control over what's being written.The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. Hi bootzilla, You can use javascript to print it. Here is an example, you can read it. JavaScript CODE:<script language="javascript" type=...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web resources about - printing in certain format the web forms - asp.net.getting-started

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Gelato Group Is Here To Democratize The World of Printing
... winning the Oslo Innovation Award 2015, we sat down with Henrik Müller-Hansen, Founder and CEO of Gelato Group. What Does Democratizing Printing ...

3D printing helps give badly burned boy a new nose
After tragic accident, teen getting second chance at normal life thanks to new facial reconstructive surgery technology

3-D printing's latest creation: Jobs
Industries, including aerospace and medical technology that use 3-D printers to build parts, are on the hunt for skilled workers.

3D printing jobs on the rise
Mary Thompson takes a look at employment growth in the 3D printing industry.

3D printing can recreate your vascular system for pre-op practice
... technology. With that in mind, physicians and researchers in Buffalo have worked with 3D printer maker Stratasys to develop a method of printing ...

3D printing files for guns are illegal in an Australian state
The Australian state of New South Wales has made it illegal to possess the blueprints necessary to make your own projectile weapons. Lawmakers ...

Pratt's "Coded Couture" Goes Beyond Wearables And 3-D Printing In High-Tech Fashion
The exhibition is about how coding can take personalization to the extreme, curator Ginger Gregg Duggan says. Innovation within the fashion ...

Sketch Life-Sized Objects With Sticky Tape Tubes Using This 3-D Printing Gun
Use the Protopiper to see if that new couch will really fit in your apartment. You won't need measuring tape. Imagine being able to sketch out ...

The 3D Printing Start-Up That Is Ready To Take On Amazon
Whispering Gibbon is pioneering a new technology that enables people to turn on-screen virtual images into 3D prints