Post Method not working for IE, but works for other browsers

I have been trying to solve this problem for a while now and have it narrowed down.

I am on an XP SP2 trying to run ASP.NET. The page I can't seem to get to work is:

<%@ Page Language="VB" Trace="true" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>
<script runat="server" language="VB">
Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
If Page.IsPostBack Then
Select cmbPeople.value
Case "Bill Gates"
Response.Redirect("http://www.microsoft.com/")
Case "Larry Ellison"
Response.Redirect ("http://www.oracle.com/")
Case "Steve Case"
Response.Redirect ("http://www.aol.com/")
Case Else
End Select
End If
End Sub
</script>
<form id="frmPeople" method="post" runat="server">
People
<select id="cmbPeople" runat="server">
<option></option>
<option>Bill Gates</option>
<option>Larry Ellison</option>
<option>Steve Case</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

This code works fine on Mozilla and Netscape on the same machine.
If I change the form method to "get", it works everywhere - including IE.
The old file (with post) works fine on my other machine, however.
Why would IE have a problem with POST?
I am running an MS OS (XP), MS web server (IIS) and the only program that doesn't seem to work on my machine is the MS Browser (IE).
Thanks,
Tom.
0
tshad1

I just found out this only happens on my machine, running IE and IIS (as mentioned Netscape and Mozilla running on the same machine work fine).

However, I just found that if I go to another XP machine and run the page on my machine, it works fine.
For example:
My machine is 10.0.0.25 and is running IE and IIS and is an XP SP2.
If I run localhost/development/test10.aspx
It doesn't work.
I go to another machine and run:
10.0.0.25/development/test10.aspx
It works.
Why would this be?
Thanks,
Tom
0
tshad1

Form-Methode Get works fine but Post doesn't work
Hallo,i'm trying to write a login for my application. i need to get the username and password from a form. so i tryed this:<%using (Html.Form("Login", "Login", FormMethod.Post)) { %> User name: <%=Html.TextBox("userName", new {type="text", value = ""}) %> Password: <%=Html.TextBox("password", new {type="text", value = ""}) %> <%=Html.Hidden("returnUrl", new {value ="test.url"} )%> <%=Html.SubmitButton("submit", "Login")%> &...

HTTP with GET method OK but HTTP with POST method not working
Hi .NET Proz, I had create a vb.aspx form to process some task when using http get method or post method:- Now my problem is when i using HTTP with GET method everything works fine but when using HTTP with POST method its not working. Any ideas besides coding error? Thanks! Hi, Could you post your codes to elaborate your question? Or you can check some refferences about get and post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/methods.htmlVince XuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

My javascript code is working in IE and its not working in any other browser
Hi   I write the below javascript code for populating some values and add it to the combo box this function is working in IE and its not working in an other brower. I run the web page in IE all the populating values added in the combo box and I run the page in mozilla no values add in the combo box.This is very urgent requirement for my project kindly tell any solution for the above issue.   function FeaturedSpaceContainerListController(containerSelectList, featuredSpaceSelectList, allPagesText, allFeaturedSpacesText, selectedFeature...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as ´┐ŻBeing Configured´┐Ż. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Google Map works in IE's but not working in Firefox and other browser...
 I have added the google map in asp master content page please i request you please give me solutions.<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=2&amp;key=abcdefg" type="text/javascript"></script><div id="map_canvas" style="width: 80%; height: 500px;"><!--here my maps :)--> </div><script type="text/javascript">var map=false;var geocoder=false;var location="";    function abc()    {    map = new GMap2(document.getElementById(&qu...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox
Name: Bill Schultz Email: altmailatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox Comments: If you open http://www.allseeingeye.whatshisface.org in Internet Explorer and click on the links you will hear Audio Files play that are attached to the different web pages. You will also notice dissolve transitions between the pages. When you click on the 1st small eyeball you will see a form appear. Now run the same Web Site in FireFox. 1. No Audio. 2. No page transitions. 3. Instead of the form appearing, FireFox gives an error message. It...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

In my bank site a browser control that offuscated the key don't works in Firefox but in IE works
Name: Allen Polo Email: polodotallenatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: In my bank site a browser control that offuscated the key don't works in Firefox but in IE works Comments: In my bank site a browser control that offuscated the key don't works in Firefox but in IE works. The control receive by the keyword clicking on the site avoiding typing on the keyboard. When you made clicks on letters the control works fine but when you click a number the cursor is repositioned at the beginning of the field, if the user is not careful of repositioning t...

TempData doesn't work with GET and POST decorated methods
 On the project that we are working, we are using MVC Privew5. We have problem with sharing TempData between methods decorated with GET and POST.For instance:[AcceotVerb("GET")] public ActionResult Test(){ TempData["Test"] = "Error";}  [AcceotVerb("POST")] public ActionResult Test(FormCollection form){  string test = TempData["Test"]; }  In the second method decorated with POST TempData will be null ... Is there any solution, workaround? Thanks/Todor Hi This works under RC1 of MVC. Please u...

WebParts - Strange - I have drag and drop working in firefox and safari but can't get it to work in ie
Hi Guys, I've run into an issue with webparts:  Using asp.net 3.5 on iis 6 with the AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5SP1, Browsing using ie8 in compatiblitiy mode on Windows 7 beta (but also tested in vista) I have managed to get it so that drag and drop works in firefox and Safari, using Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI.Controls.WebParts however when I view the page in ie the drag drop functionality is somewhat lost - I can still drag the items to another webpartzone, but once you mouse down to drag, the webpart does not follow the mouse - it stays put until you release over another zone...

Div control height does not work in IE 6 but works in IE 7?
I am using a Div control to expand and contract the height to show more fields in a FormView. It works in IE 7 but in IE 6 does not work? Any ideas? When the ASP.NET 2.0 WebForm opens up in IE 6 the hight is disregarded but in IE 7 it shows correctly. Then I have a button in the FormView that changes the height with same results, works in IE 7 but not IE 6.  <div id="divInsert" style="width: 100px; height: 270px">  ... FormView inside there</div> Protected Sub btnPanelInsert_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)  If ...

HyperLink not working in IE ( but works in Firefox )
 Hi All, I am facing a similar problem like that of "http://forums.asp.net/t/1122355.aspx"  The HyperLink works perfectly fine in Firefox but not in IE ( I am using IE 7.0)The cursor does not change to a Hand cursor when it's on the hyperlink. but the Status bar shows the correct url of the HyperLinkWhen I right Click the Hyperlink and then open ( in new tab or new window )  its going to the correct URL.  The Following is the code  for (int i = 0; i < rows; i++)        {     &...

Internet not working in browser, but connection is working
Hello all, i'm new in the linux field, but i decided to give it a try and install it. I have installed fedora 10 first, but i had the same problem, and i wasn't very happy with that version. So today i downloaded openSUSE 11.1 and after installing i noticed i have the same problem. The wire connection is active, the ping from the console is working, i have pinged the router i'm connected to and google. it's working. from the browser i am able to connect to the router interface, but i'm not able to access any webpage. i have runed a ifconfig, this is what i get : ...

Web resources about - Post Method not working for IE, but works for other browsers - asp.net.getting-started

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Nokia Browser for Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy paste support is poor. If you have a device with no Control-key or Pen-key, you can not copy paste in most web forms. With older Nokia models, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Browser extensions help avoid online spoilers
There are at least two extensions for Google's Chrome browser that will help you stay away from spoilers for the new film.

Price Drop: Life Web Browser
Life Web Browser 1.5 Device: iOS Universal Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 1.5 ( iTunes ) Description: Life Web Browser is Universal! ...

Microsoft to open source Chakra, the JavaScript heart of its Edge browser
... in Florida today, Microsoft announced that it is open sourcing Chakra, the JavaScript engine used in its Edge and Internet Explorer browsers. ...

Microsoft settles shareholders' lawsuit over browser blunder
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) executives settled a lawsuit with shareholders after a "technical error" cost the company a $732 million fine from European ...

One of Google Chrome's best features is coming to Microsoft's new web browser
Microsoft Edge, the replacement for Internet Explorer, could be about to get browser extensions after launching without them, according to a ...

Google hopes Go will give a browser boost
The Net giant is working to integrate its new Go programming language with its Chrome browser and Native Client technology to speed Web-based ...

Microsoft's Edge keeps shedding share as users pick other browsers on Windows 10
Microsofts Edge browser, the replacement for Internet Explorer on Windows 10, continues to struggle to retain users, according to multiple metrics ...

Star Wars Lightsaber Escape is a cool piece of tech that links your phone and a browser
Google has launched a cool little browser game that links up your smart phone as a controller, and pits you against a series of Stormtroopers ...