PHP and .NET

Hello

We sometimes use .NET and sometimes use PHP depending on the customer, generally .NET for the bigger customers.  I've noticed that quite often PHP pages seem to be a lot more responsive than .NET pages in that they load so much faster - but when looking at the trace for a .NET page the time to load is generally quite insignificant.  Is it because it's going through IIS?  Is it because PHP is a lot lighter than .NET code?  Has anyone else experienced this in the past?

I'd be interested to see how others rate the performance between the two?

www.internetgeeks.co.uk
www.norwichbookclub.co.uk
0
MrPea

we have both php apps and .net apps in our shop and from our experiences,  I can't tell you about applications that handles mass amount data like tens and thousands of records, but for medium size apps speed wise, it didn't make any differences to us, at least not noticable for the applicaitons we are doing.  There are a few things for .NET apps to notice however.

1. Pre-compiled the production release. this reduce the time it takes .net to compile the pages on the first time when the pages load.
2. Make sure "Debug=false" is configured in the web.config, a few developers tend to forget about it when release to production.

hope that helps.

Liming Xu
Jumptree ASP.NET 2.0 Project Management - With Source Code, Free to Non Profit Org and Effectively Manage Projects/Tasks/Milestones
0
Liming

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

net send in .net

Getting started .net website

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

Getting started with JScript.NET

Net Farmers net

Web resources about - PHP and .NET - asp.net.getting-started

PHP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.php, .phtml, .php4, .php3, .php5, .phps PHP code can be simply mixed with HTML code, or it can be used in combination with various templating ...

Chapman PHP Web Services - Home
Chapman PHP Web Services home page.

..:: PHP GROUP ::..
Home Feedback Contact Us Site Map www website 22nd May 2012 Investors & Associates Awards & Achievements PHP Clients Customer Support PHP Services ...

The Complete list of PHP Podcasts, Screencasts, and Video Podcasts.
A complete list of all PHP podcasts, screencasts and video podcasts, aggregated into a single feed. Come explore all the podcasts that the PHP ...

PHP: The Right Way
An easy-to-read, quick reference for PHP best practices, accepted coding standards, and links to authoritative PHP tutorials around the Web

Freelance PHP, Freelance PHP Developer, Freelance PHP Programmer, PHP Freelancer, PHP Freelancer India ...
Freelance PHP, Freelance PHP Developer, Freelance PHP Programmer, PHP Freelancer, PHP Freelancer India ...

PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
... general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. If you are new to PHP and want ...

CakePHP: the rapid development php framework. Pages
... are built-in. Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more are all built into one of the original PHP MVC ...

PHP Advent 2011
C hristmas is upon us once again, and it’s time to have a look at what’s under the PHP Advent tree. Join us each day as our wonderful authors ...

OData Producer Library for PHP
The OData Producer Library for PHP is a server library that allows to exposes data sources by using the OData Protocol. The OData Producer supports ...