Permissions on local net

I am creating a local intranet site to use for reporting and other tasks.  Some reports should only be accessed by certain people.  We are using a Windows 2003 based network.  I'd like users to be able to use the site with their same login credentials.  (ie if a user logs in to their computer as joe schmoe, I would like them to access the website as joe schmoe without any further login prompts.

Is this possible and/or how do I set this up? I've been playing around with the IIS settings and I cant seem to get it right, it seem to access files and such as the ASPNET user. Is there some setting I should have in the web.config file?
For now, the IIS is version 5.0 because it's ran in a Windows 2000 server...would it be eaiser to move the site to an IIS 6.0 server?
-1
menzel81

If you're using a domain, the recommended way to do this is by using Windows Authentication (in the web.config file you can specify this by means of the <authentication mode="Windows" /> setting). Furthermore, if you want the files on the file system to be access under the context of the logged in user you'll need to enable impersonation (<impersonation enabled="true" />). To get this to work, you webserver should be at least a member server in the domain. However, I'd recommend to move to IIS 6 if you can for better ASP.NET integration and better security/performance.
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
1
bdesmet
12/20/2004 1:41:18 PM
With this, I get a configuration error:

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'impersonation'
Line 48: <impersonation enabled="true" />
Did you mean:
<identity impersonate="true" />
instead?

I have it set up with <identity impersonate="true" /> and in IIS, Anonymous access is unchecked along with everything else except Integrated Windows authentication.
However, when I attempt to create a file on a network share I get a prompt for a username and password even though the account I'm logged in as has administrator permission and full control over that share. the only way I can continue from this prompt is by enterent the full domain/username and password.
Both the server and client are members of the domain (we're in a single domain environment)
1
menzel81

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

net send in .net

Net Farmers net

Getting started with JScript.NET

Web resources about - Permissions on local net - asp.net.getting-started

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

Michael Daniel Henderson who killed three teenagers in a smash denied permission to appeal
A driver who killed three teenagers in a hit-and-run smash in southeast Queensland has been refused permission to appeal his 10-year sentence. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.