Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error

I am new to ASP.NET and I am currently learning to use the VS 2005 Express tools. I've been able to get along smoothly for sometime; getting bugs and resolving them from your very valuable posts in this forum.

Now I have a problem that I have no idea where to begin to resolve the problem. It appears to be a Parser Error, but then when I try to view my pages, I get a lot of other apparently related errors. I am suspecting that I have, one way or the other, messed up my dataset schema definition. The strange thing about this error is that I cannot open any other pages anymore. Even those simple and almost empty pages that have no dataset references to them. It has completely paralyzed my whole design effort. All was working fine and all I remember having done was update the TableAdapter definitions. What have I messed up here? Please review the below error copy and see if you can help me:

"Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Failed to generate code. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Line 2:  <xs:schema id="DataSet1" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/DataSet1.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/DataSet1.xsd" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/DataSet1.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata" xmlns:msprop="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msprop" attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified">
Line 3:    <xs:annotation>

Source File: /Conakry/App_Code/DataSet1.xsd    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 "

0
FishBone

I didn't see this post before and created a new one.  Have you solved this issue?  If so can you please let me know.

0
daCodez
10/22/2006 9:15:43 PM

Yeah, just ran into this problem as well...  As far as I know this is the only reference to it.  Perhaps reubilding the DAL is an option and hoping it doesn't recurr.

 Marco

0
mzirino
12/28/2006 10:52:36 PM

Probably you have received this error after adding some additional code (also in the designer). Try to remove all code that you added before the error and try to build again.

If this doesn't help try to clean/rebuild the assembly. If you are using xsd in your App_code folder the clean and rebuild are not available. Try to delete the temporary generated code in asp.net folder

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\[web_folder]

Then build  the site again ... or just refresh the browser.

Hope this helps

0
st_

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

how to get the errors of dataset that contain some errors during the updation
how to get the errors of dataset that contain some errors during the updation Try this. Private Sub PrintRowErrs(ByVal myDataSet As DataSet)   Dim myRow As DataRow   Dim myTable As DataTable   For Each myTable In  myDataSet.Tables      For Each myRow In myTable.Rows         If myRow.HasErrors Then            Console.WriteLine(myRow.RowError)         End If      Next &...

CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602
Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this: users arent LUM enabled or so it seems the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both...

Server error NET 2.0 : parser error
hi,I am getting the following server error in the browser when running c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mukera2\default.aspx :------------------Server Error in '/mukera2' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Alex.Global'.Source Error: Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" In...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

Getting [dcc32 Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file Urgent [Edit]
Getting [dcc32 Error] E2161 Error: RLINK32: Error opening file while doing build/compile. (Note : my files are in shared server , whenever i compile the project i'm getting the above mentioned error at that time i was not able to connect to shared server . but other time i was able to connect to shared server.) please let me know that , what could be the reason for this error and how can i resolve this error. becasue of this error i'm not able to complete my works. please do the needful. Edited by: karthik thirumoorthi on Oct 31, 2014 2:53 AM ...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message
I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010. This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL. When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder. If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not. Any id...

Web resources about - Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error - asp.net.getting-started

Namespace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Namespaces provide a level of indirection to specific identifiers, thus making it possible to distinguish between identifiers with the same exact ...

Wikipedia:Help namespace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Help namespace is a namespace consisting of Wikipedia pages whose titles begin with the prefix Help: , such as Help:Link . These pages contain ...

ICANN seeks to tackle DNS namespace collision risks
As the number of top-level domains undergoes explosive growth, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is studying ways ...

OS X Lion: Guidelines for connecting to a DFS namespace via SMB
Ensure that the following guidelines are followed when connecting to a DFS namespace via SMB in OS X Lion.

Facebook's Namespace Land Grab? Or Maybe…It's Just Useful
Much buzz over the past few days about Facebook’s plans to let folks (and, ahem, brands) claim their namespaces on Facebook. IE, Starting this ...

Global Namespace for People (Part 3)
I ended yesterday’s post by saying that I would write about potential solutions to the global namespace problem for people (parts 1 and 2). So ...

Netflix namespace problem · Issue #34 · balloob/pychromecast · GitHub
pychromecast - Library for Python 2 and 3 to communicate with the Google Chromecast.

Adding Namespaces To Ruby
... about how close I can get Ruby to look like Clojure in size and style. Recently, what has bothered me most has been how you define a namespace ...

PHP 5.6 features built-in debugger, better namespace support
PHP, the venerable scripting language for server-side Web development, has been upgraded in a point release highlighted by a new debugger.

#include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; int n, x, y; int main() { fo - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...