Parameters in sql, xml type blocks: data types

I have some leftover dreamweaverMX asp.net code that contains a few sql/xml Parameter blocks in an admin-insert-data script:

<Parameters>

<Parameter Name="@ProductType" Value='<%# IIf((Request.Form("ProductType") <> Nothing), Request.Form("ProductType"), "") %>' Type="WChar" />
as far as specifying a Type, for strings it looks like WChar works, and for dates, Date. What about for truefalse-boolean fields, and numeric integers?
thanks
chum
0
chumley

Retreive xml data from sql 2005 xml data type column
 hi everyone, I am in a messy situation and dieing to get rescued.I have a database with an untyped  xml datatype column named xmlfile.  The xml inside is invoice of customer & looks like this.<User><INVOICE><BILL Time="May 18 2008 12:47AM">0.1869</BILL><BILL Time="May 18 2008  1:00AM">22.25</BILL><BILL Time="May 18 2008  1:00AM">22.25</BILL></INVOICE></User>I wanted to retrieve the <BILL></BILL> Elements and put it through asp:datagrid or asp:repeater . I w...

Read XML data from SQL Server XML data type field

xml type parameter in Typed Dataset
I have a stored procedure which takes a XML parameter as input and has a XML output parameter. I'm wondering how I can query this procedure through typed dataset.  I tried using querytableadapter in the dataset, but it converts the XML type to object.  Thank You!Thank You, SrikanthWe have only one habitable planet yet. Consider the Environment. Wow! no reply! Am I asking a tough/dumb question or my language is bad?Thank You, SrikanthWe have only one habitable planet yet. Consider the Environment....

How to write to Data to SQL Server XML data type
 Hello, I have worked with SQL Server 2000 but now we have a requirement where I need to write values from an asp.net form into an XML type in SQL Server 2005.I have never used XML as a type in SQL Server 2005. How do we write xml into xml type. For example the structure of XML is something like:<application><applicationID = "value"></applicationID><customerName="value></customerName></application>I have to write this kind of XML into the XML type and later retrieve these XML values and populate the form again.Kindly suggest. Thanks a l...

Select XML Data type (xml) from sql server 2005 and then save to a XML file on local machine?? Help !
Hi All  I have a problem i am selecting a row of data from a database, within that row is a column in which i build up a xml in a stored procedure, it creates an xml and stores it in the column name xmldata which is of xml datatype. This works great My problem is how do i now create a xml file on my local machine with that data, below is what i have so far :- Dim conn1 As New SqlConnection()conn1.ConnectionString = (ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString) conn1.Open()Dim DBCmd As New SqlCommand Dim DataRecieved As SqlDataReaderDBCmd...

Difference between var type of .NET 3.5 and object Data Type in .NET 2.0?
Hi All,With .NET 3.5 a new feature is introduced of defining Anonymous Type.You can achieve this with keyword "var".We can achieve the same functionality in .NET 2.0 with object type.What is the difference between var type of .NET 3.5 and object Data Type in .NET 2.0?Virendra (MCTS)My Site, Blog virendra1983:With .NET 3.5 a new feature is introduced of defining Anonymous Type. var types are actually strongly typed in design time. What happens in the IDE infers the type of the object based on its initialisation so you get strong typing and intellisensee.g.var i = 9...

getting error : : The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value
update tblPact_2008_0307 set student_dob = '30/01/1996' where student_rcnumber = 1830when entering update date in format such as ddmmyyyyi know the sql query date format entered should be in mmddyyyy formatis there any way to change the date format entered to ddmmyyyy in sql query? Before the update execute: SET DATEFORMAT dmyPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. everytime i do a query on date format ddmmyyyy, i need to do a set dateformat dmy?is there anyway to configure the sql server to set the dateformat in dmy as...

Difference between typed and un-typed parameters and SQL Injection
I am just wondering about the difference between typed and untyped parameters in SQL queries, specifically how they relate to SQL Injection attacks.For example Let's say this is my query:SqlConnection conn=new SqlConnection(myConnStr);conn.Open();SqlCommand cmd=new SqlCommand("Select * from table where id=@id");What is the difference between:cmd.Parameters.Add("@id",idfield.Text);and SqlParameter parm=cmd.Parameters.Add("@id",SqlDbType.Int);parm.Value=idfield.Text;Check out my blog - Silly Name, Smart Solutions I do not believe there is any difference with respect to SQL Injection.  ...

Passing an XML variable argument to a SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedure with an XML data type
Is it possible to pass an XML variable to a SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedure with the XML data type as it's receiving argument? I can get the SQL Server Procedure to work perfectly with XML passed to it from another Stored Procedure, but as soon as I define a Stored Procedure from within a datawindow to pass parameters to it, I get "Cannot create DataWindow" and "XML parse error occurred on line number 1, near the XML text "0"". Essentially, I want to use the XML string, built by data keyed by the client within a datawindow, to be loaded to a temp t...

How to convert varchar data type into datetime data type without data lose
Hi all, i have stored date as varchar(30) data type and Date format is dd/MM/yyyy now i have to convert it into datatime data type can u help me in query ?  i have 330 records and each recod contain the Date in format of dd/MM/YYYY but due to varchar data type i can not perform calculation on Date so i have to convert into datetime without data lose. please help me in this regard. Best RegardsRameezWaheed  life is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps You can check these posts http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2039108&SiteID=17   ...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

.Net provider mishandles data type of parameter
The ASA8 .Net data provider does not properly handle the data type of a parameter. This code throws a System.Exception when, duing ExecuteScalar(), the provider attempts to assign the value 99999 to a smallint. An error also occurs when a string datatype is used for the parameter. AsaConnection conn = new AsaConnection("uid=dba;pwd=sql;data source=ASA 8.0 Sample"); conn.Open(); AsaCommand cmd = new AsaCommand(); cmd.CommandText = "SELECT ? FROM dummy"; AsaParameter parm = new AsaParameter("parm1",AsaDbType.Integer); parm.Value = 99999; // exceeds ...

SQL Server Money and .NET Data Type
I'm hoping this is the right forum. Retrieving a Money data-type from SQL Server converts to Double in .NET. But there are rounding problems, I only want 2 decimal points and sometimes rounding will round up the nearest whole integer value. What is the best data type to use for Money where accuracy is critical (financial-number-crunching)? Thanks, Shawn Use the .NET Currency type and not double. System.DecimalThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type!!
hello all .. I have a form that includes two textboxes (Date and Version) .. When I try to insert the record I get the following error message .. seems that something wrong with my coversion (Data type)"The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.The statement has been terminated."   in my SQL database I have the date feild as datetime and the version as nvarchar(max) this is the code in the vb page .. Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?Imports System.Data.SqlClient Imports system.web.configuration ...

Web resources about - Parameters in sql, xml type blocks: data types - asp.net.getting-started

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters