one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first?

hi to all

In my application i will add three web.config file which will execute first. how to set it. Give me a guidlines.

by

Devan.G

0
devangopinathan

You can't add multiple web.config to application
You can add single web.config to each folder present in sub directories of your application
You can override the web.config files using multiple config files.

Satalaj

Watch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||
I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple
I n t e r v i e w T i p s
0
satalaj

You can check this reference: http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Multiple-Config.aspx

Hope it helps.

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
Vince
5/16/2008 3:40:26 AM

 There should be only one web.config file in your web application

If you add more than one web.config only the config file called  web.config will be used

Rajesh Thangarasu
Microsoft Certified Professional
0
rajeshthangarasu

how many web.config file you can have in your web application
how many web.config file you can have in your web application maxmax thnk you   1 (per directory, as mentioned below)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) thank u Not 1 per directory?  I've set up security on a folder using a web.config in that folder that was seperate from the rest of the sit...

getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file
am getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file, code isYourSettings.config<appSettings >     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Overridden" />     <add key="KeyToBeAdded" value="EntirelyNew" />   </appSettings>andweb.config   <appSettings file="YourSettings.config">     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Original" />     <add key="KeyToNotOverride" value="Standard" />   </appSettings> and in code behindstring str = System.Con...

web.config file of root directoy interferes with the sub-application web.config.
Hello! I encountered a problems when I added new sub-application to my application,  with its own web.config, When I try to open page www.mypage.com/subapplication/ It reads the web.config of www.mypage.com and throws an exception (I think it tries to loadsome dlls from root-bin directory (exactly ATLAS files..)  <add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptModule"/> - exception on this line ) But why it reads the web.config of root dir? What can I do to solve that problem? Thank you.Artashes This is the expected behavior. web.config are inher...

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application
 Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application  please help me? Friend, Web.config has its own advantages. 1) Web.Config is used to store the important information like connections strings etc...so that it can be modified even after the code has been    deployed to the server without compiling the entire application again. 2) Since it is a XML file, there is no need of building the project of you are going to change the connection strings.   If you go for the class files,...

Use a Name/value in Machine.config file in the web.config file
Hello. I want/need to access a variable in the machine.config file and use it in the web.config file. My scenario is: Each machine has a machine name, so (I assume this is the best place to put it) I want to create a variable in <appsettings> in the machine.config file called "MachineName".  In my web.config file, I want to use the MachineName variable in the machine.config in the appsettings.   Example: (web.config file)  ... <appSettings> <add key="ServerFileNames" value=\\ISCO1FEGRD\Dotnet_files\OrclIntlList.xml /> Replace the ...

Help with web.config file to run web part application
 Hi,      I practiced a web part app.Do I need to configure any setting in web.config file to run my web part app.? or default web.config enough.i read the following articles:  http://www.u2u.net/Res/Article.aspx?ART=ASPNET20WebPartsWalkThrough http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/IntroToWeb_Parts.aspx   and in my app. i didnt configure initially.My page doesnt work.after that i watched the above articles web.config file.Then I Configured web.config file as mentioned in U2U Project web.config which i downloaded their free source code.Then ...

How to use 2 web.config file in a single web application
Hello Guyz,In my web application I'm trying to use a Blog and for that I'm using the free version of community server. The blog itself runs fine. But I'm trying to use it as a subdomain of my original application.The blog itself has its own web.config file as my application does and for that it's throws the following  errorParser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. It'...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web continually in status bar
I continually receive "Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web" with a a 10 second delay (cursor switching to hour glass) when I am moving around in a couple of diferent web projects. Like it has to reload  web.config continually. It is only on two of our projects that do this the others are fine. It will drive you crazy after a while. One of the projects that does this will not close and requires a forced shutdown of visual studio. I have checked settings, flushed the local copies, moved the web site directory and it still does it  Any ideas ...

Question regarding many config files for single web application
I saw one web application in which there are many config files. Below code will explain you what I mean. In system.web.authorization.config file I had the code like this <?xml version="1.0"?><authorization><deny users="?"/></authorization>  In web.config file I had the code like this <authorization configSource="App_Config\_BASE\system.web.authorization.config"> </authorization>  My question is we can mention the authorization setting in web.config file itself . Why they have mentioned the authorization setting i...

Web parts and web.config file
I am experimenting with AJAX by creating a new website in VS 2008 but using the SQL 2005 Dev Edition database that I use for a production ASP.NET 2.0 web app. OK until I tried using web parts - when I got a SQL Error which is because the app  is looking for a SQL express database in the app_data folder - because web parts uses personalization. OK, my existing SQL 2005 database has the aspnet... tables in it and the production app uses membership, etc. So I am assuming that the problem is in the web.config file - where you have to specify custom data sources for different services(member...

Web Service Web.Config File
I have a web service that logs results to a database. Where should I store the connection string so I can change it w/out re-compiling? Initially I tried storing it in the web.config file under the appSettings element. However, after I connected to the web service from a client, the webservice pulled the web.config file information from the client's machine. Do I need to create a custom configuration object and serialize it to file on the web service's machine OR is there a way to tell the web service to read its web.config file and not the clients?Thanks! I figured it out. ...

Web resources about - one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first? - asp.net.getting-started

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Businesses Struggling with Application Performance Issues
Many IT teams still don't have a monitoring solution in place or don't have a solution equipped to detect certain types of performance issues. ...