No Site Administration Tool Using GoDaddy? Can't Connect To Database Using Explorer? Other Newbie Questions.

I've tried everything to connect to my SQL database on GoDaddy using Visual Web Developer, but no luck...put the connection string the have on their website.  No dice.  I searched and searched these forums and did what others have tried...no luck.  Therefore, I thought I would ask the experts here:

1.) Can I connect to my database on Godaddy using VWD? If so, how?  Here's the generic info I put in my webconfig (using my server, database name, login, password, of course):

<<connectionStrings>

<add name="Personal" connectionString="
Server=whsql-v04.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;
Database=DB_675;
User ID=user_id;
Password=password;
Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="
Server=whsql-v04.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;
Database=DB_675;
User ID=user_id;
Password=password;
Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

I might be doing something wrong and choosing the wrong settings (perhaps other in the connection wizard and change some parameters, etc), but if others are using GoDaddy and using SQL, I am not sure why I can't.  :)

2.)  If I ever do get connected (I suspect I'll be in the market for a new pure ASP.net host in the not-too-distant future), I won't be able to use the administration console, will I?

3.) This isn't related to GoDaddy, just a general question: Is it easiest to work online or build locally?  I have been playing with it on line, but I think locally might be the way to go.  Would remapping the links and location of the files be a chore if I went the local route?

4.) I might use a starter kit to strip out some feature I want while learning, so in regards to #3, I would have to install, then move it all online and tweak, or would it be better to build and tweak locally and then just do the leg work to get it all mapped in my host directories?

I'll keep reading the forums in search of answers, but welcome any help/advice you guys offer...great resource here!  :)

0
Terp

1- u cant , godaddy have firewalls for accessing database from outside their network,

Try remove the <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/> , u just call the connection string that u see fit

2 - Nop u cant

3 -try using referencial paths, "~/..." in order not to change anything later on

4 - of course work offline, when u finish testing , u shifted online

Hope i answered ur questions, in a way or another Smile

Cheers

Regards
Ramzi
Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied.
0
Ramzi
3/10/2007 8:46:20 AM

Thanks, sir.  I'm glad I asked before I spun my wheels anymore trying to figure it out.  I guess I'll drop the GoDaddy host and look at some alternatives.  Thanks again.

I'll start my new project offline and then I'm sure I'll be back here posting once it comes time to upload it and tap the database online.  :)

0
Terp
3/11/2007 4:56:36 AM

Ur welcome anytime My Friend

Please if u feel that ur question has been replied, please mark the post as answered, in order for ur thread to be considered as result, and if for sake of future readers.

Regards
Ramzi
Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied.
0
Ramzi

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Can't connect to MySQL database using ODBC.NET
I recently downloaded and installed ODBC.NET from Microsoft Download Center site. I can reference the namespace (Microsoft.Data.Odbc) in my project and the code (C#) compiles just fine. However, at runtime, I cannot connect to the database. It keeps complaining about not being able to find the data source. The connection string is: "Driver={MySQL};SERVER=...;DATABASE=...;UID=...;PASSWORD=...;PORT=3306;OPTION=3;STMT=;" If I use MySQL ODBC driver, I have no problem whatsoever. The connection string is almost the same, only Driver={MySQL} is replaced by Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.5...

Firefox can't connect securely to <site> because the site uses an older, insecure version of the SSL protoco
Hi, I am hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction. After logging into the site and using it for a number of hours Firefox suddenly comes up with the following error message: "Firefox can't connect securely to <site> because the site uses an older, insecure version of the SSL protocol" - The weird thing is, this error was not given at the initial site negotiation - looking at the page info gives a clean bill of health: RC 128 bit, identity verified, valid certificate Any ideas on how I can debug this problem? - finding out whether Firefox/s...

Can't use FF3, won't get urls
Sort of a long question. Sorry. I'm having major problems with winXP home, and the same or another problem clearly related to FF3. At this instant, OE6 runs but FF3 won't retrieve urls. The day before the problem described below started, I had installed the FF add-on, Stylish, and it worked great, (coloring my visited google links in Orange instead of the purple that google uses which is hard to tell from the dark blue they use for unvisited links). I ran with it for hours, hibernated, ran for more hours, but after I closed windows and restarted it, my problems star...

Using Web Service -xs https
ASA 9.0.2.3144 Hello, Step one of two is done. Got my mobilink service to use encryption, now I am working on getting another app that uses ASA web services. I can hit the app using -xs http just fine. I then turn on the security required checkbox under webservices in Sybase Central. That forces connections to use https. I am using gencert to make my certificates. With my mobilink certificate I used ECC_TLS. I read in the documentation that RSA needs to be used for https... so I used gencert to create an RSA certificate. Following the documentation, it says: -xs protoco...

can't use SPX connect DB when using OpenClient 12.5
Hi all, I can't use SPX protocol to connect db. error message was displayed when I tried to ping the server "the local machine has not set up a driver for the protocol SPX" This error was from Sybase, not windows. any ideas? thanks Eric Hello, You need to run the "ocscfg" utility. Select the "Net-Library" tab. Then configure the "SPX" network driver. Thanks, Neal Eric C wrote: > Hi all, > > I can't use SPX protocol to connect db. > error message was displayed when I tried to ping the server >...

now I can't even get to use my site
error message  says cannot open default database login failed Hi Paul, your sql server password would have been changed?? What sort of authentication u use, I suggest use windows authenticatoion for creating connections. Hope this helps....

Can't connect to database using Visual Studio
I can't connect to a SQL Server 2000 database using Visual Studio 2008. When I try to create a SqlDataSource in Visual Studio the db server isn't in the dialog box. When I manually create a connection string it doesn't connect.  When I go to the server, the db is running and apps that use it work fine. I can ping the server, and I can map a drive to it, but I just can't connect to the database. I tried using servername,port - didn't work. I open SQL Server 2005 Management Studio and try to connect. In the Connect to Server dialog box, when ...

Can't start database using remote login
We have Problems starting the database using remote login (SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Build #1867). We have an NT 4.0-Client (SP5) and an NT 4.0-Server (SP5). We start the database as followed - dbclient -n ILIAS_TEST -x TCPIP In our intern net we can start the database without problems. On the remote-pc I see the database in the explorer. But when I start the client I always get "Server not found". Are there any switches I can add or something else I can do to start the database? Give this a try: dbclient -x tcpip{HOST=server's ip address;DOBROADCAST=NO;M...

When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just
Name: Dwight Metcalfe Email: dwmet1atgmaildotco Product: Firefox Summary: When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just "reload" the other site once automatically just to save time. Hmmmmmmmm. Comments: Only been doing that about a month. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reade...

Can't connect to repository sites using yast or zypper
I have a new installation (not an update) of opensuse 64 on my computer and a 32 bit version on my laptop. I did a memory check and a media check on both systems. I have IPv6 disabled on both machines. I'm using Qwest a DSL connection. Both computers were running opensuse 11.3 without problems. Since the installations neither computer will allow me to add the packman or any other repository. While using yast->Software Repositories->Add and trying to add the packman repository by any of the methods available, I'll get the screen saying it's checking the type o...

Web resources about - No Site Administration Tool Using GoDaddy? Can't Connect To Database Using Explorer? Other Newbie Questions. - asp.net.getting-started

Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is composed of two sections. The Ordinary Section continues the work of the Administration of the Property of the Holy See ( Italian : Amministrazione ...

MAKES SENSE: Obama’s New ISIS Czar Was Once Fired by His Own Administration for Ties to Terror Grooups ...
... A radical foreign policy adviser fired by President Obama years ago for meeting with the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas is back as the administration’s ...

Sen. Dianne Feinstein: Administration’s war against ISIS has gone on too long - Videos - CBS News
Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, says that the war against ISIS and the situation abroad has gotten ...

Obama administration appeals immigration case to Supreme Court
CNN Obama administration appeals immigration case to Supreme Court CNN Washington (CNN) The Obama administration asked the Supreme Court on ...

Obama Administration Warns States They Can't Refuse To Accept Syrian Refugees
... more grandstanding over this to proceed immediately from the right: Obama warns states they can’t refuse Syrian refugees : The Obama administration ...

Obama administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
The Obama administration asked the Supreme Court to review a federal court decision blocking President Obama's executive order granting quasi-legal ...

Obama Administration Announces 144 Big Regulations Right Before Thanksgiving
... family and friends. President Obama is nothing if not predictable. Required by law to release plans for new regulations twice a year, the administration ...

Obama Administration: Obamacare Has Driven Health Spending Up, While Covering Fewer Than Expected
... provided more people with health insurance, and slowed the growth rate of health spending. Well, the returns are in. Last week, the Obama administration’s ...

Obama administration tells states they can't refuse Syrian refugees
Amid a growing political controversy, the Obama administration told state officials Wednesday that states do not have legal authority to refuse ...