No overload for method 'FormatImagePath' takes '1' arguments

Hi,

I am getting the error message above on the code below.  I did not write the code.  I am new to ASP.NET and I had to download Visual Studio 2005 to compile my C# files.  The website was written in a previous version and the error message appeared when I tried compiling after the conversion to ASP.NET 2.0. by Visual Studio.  I don't understand the error message and I am not entirely clear on what the code is doing.  Would anyone be able to help?

<asp:ImageButton ID="btnProductDetail" Runat=server BorderWidth=2 CommandName="select" BorderColor="#ffffff" Width=140 Height=216 ImageUrl='<%# tool.FormatImagePath(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"fldProductID"))%>'></asp:ImageButton>

<asp:HyperLink Runat=server NavigateUrl='<%# tool.FormatURL(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"fldProductID"),"TOCONTROLLER") %>' ID="Hyperlink1">

<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"fldProductName") %></asp:HyperLink>

Thanks!!!   Confused

0
CdnRebel

There is likely to be a utility class somewhere called tool.  This class will contain a static method called FormatImagePath().  The method expects more than one argument to be passed to it.  You have only supplied one.  Find the method and look at its signature to see how many arguments it expects and what types they are.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
6/28/2007 8:41:54 AM

Thanks, Mike!  That was a terrific explanation and it resolved my problem!  I thought I should be able to find the answer, I just didn't know where to look or what I should be looking for.  Now, I have a new error and I am not sure if this is the right forum.  The error is in an .inc file and it is:  "Entity 'nbsp' is not defined" .  Would you know what I should be using instead of "&nbsp;"  for a space?

Thanks again!!

Mary   Big Smile

0
CdnRebel
6/28/2007 3:32:11 PM

You should make a separate post about this new error, and when you do, explain what the contents of the inc file are, how it is being used and where, and what the actual error message you get says.  Try the Free For All forum.

Glad you got the main thing sorted.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
6/28/2007 4:15:16 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks, that was the actual error message.  It was in my left navigational menu and when I opened it in Visual Studio, it called it XML code.  I did a search on www.winzy.com and I found a site where it explained that I could try some different things such as \u00A0 or &#160; and the &#160; got rid of the error message.

Thanks,

Mary  Smile

0
CdnRebel

what does 'No overload for method 'Insert' takes '1' arguments' mean?
code that caused this error: line AddInBookSqlDataSource2.Insert(item);protected void inbookButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){ try{ AddInBookSqlDataSource1.Insert(); }catch (Exception ex){ uploadSPoneLabel.Text = "Saved Failed: SP One" + ex.Message; }foreach (ListItem item in authorsListBox5.Items){ try{ AddInBookSqlDataSource2.Insert(item); saveStatusLabel.Text = "Save Successful: SP Two"; }catch (Exception ex1){saveStatusLabel.Text = "Save Failed: SP Two" + ex1.Message; } } } any help appreciated Thanks in advance At a surface leve...

No overload for method 'FieldValue' takes '1' arguments
Very confused, the recordset returns a record, all is working, but it's just giving me an error?????? anybody knows how to solve this, Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'FieldValue' takes '1' arguments Source Error: Line 19: { Line 20: Line 21: Response.Redirect(ds_redirect.FieldValue("url")); Line 22: } Line 23: ---------------------------- When removing the fieldvalue I receive another error Compiler Error Message: CS0118: 'ASP.frame_redirect_url_aspx.ds_redirect' denotes a 'field' where a 'method' was expected...

No overload for method 'Forum' takes '1' arguments
I am getting this error - No overload for method 'Forum' takes '1' argumentsCan anyone help?I am using a web service created by myself Topic Page<asp:HyperLinkField DataNavigateUrlFormatString="~/topic.aspx?TopicID={0}" NavigateUrl="~/topic.aspx" Text="Comments" DataNavigateUrlFields="TopicID" />Comments Page localhost.Topic topic = new localhost.Topic(); string topicId = Request.QueryString["TopicID"].ToString(); datasource = topic.Forum("SELECT * FROM Comment WHERE TopicID =" +topicId); GridView1....

''''''''''''''''''''

CS1501: No overload for method 'ToShortDateString' takes '1' arguments
Hello,  I'm quite new in ASP.NET. I'm developing a website for my company where people can request a reservation. Therefor I made a form where there is a Calendar where they can pick a date for their reservation-request. I'd like to make all the dates 'till "today+1" unselectable. I didn't found a way to do this so I use a CompareValidator to check whether the day they selected is "greater than today". Unfortunately I get this errormessage "CS1501: No overload for method 'ToShortDateString' takes '1' arguments" while it is a solution I found on the web. Can someone please help me. Than...

'''''

Web Service
[WebMethod]public DataSet GetDataSetForum2(){DataSet datasource = new DataSet();string database = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|/topic.mdb;Persist Security Info=True";string queryStr = "Select * from Comment";OleDbConnection myConn = new OleDbConnection(database);OleDbDataAdapter myDataAdapter = new OleDbDataAdapter(queryStr, myConn);myConn.Open();myDataAdapter.Fill(datasource, "Comment");myConn.Close();return datasource;} localhost.Topic topic = new localhost.Topic(); string topicId = Request.QueryString["TopicID"].To...

Error Message: No overload for method 'SqlParameter' takes '1' arguments
Dear All,   I have a problem while trying to update the content of my page to the database by the means of a stored procedure string OcompConnection = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["GenUserCode"].ConnectionString;  System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection conn = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(OcompConnection); System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand ocmd = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("Dealer_Insert", conn);ocmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; ocmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@UserCode"), SqlDbType.NVarChar); oc...

Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'ToString' takes '1' arguments
Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'ToString' takes '1' argumentsSource Error: Line 248: //{ Line 249: Line 250: int RollNo = Convert.ToInt32(str.ToString(str.Append(GridView1.Rows[i].Cells[1].Text))); Line 251: Line 252: DeleteStudent(RollNo); Source File: h:\Office Works\Projects\Sample Applications\GridViewVitCode.aspx.cs    Line: 250 Please solve this problem  This is the complete code  protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {for (int i = 0; i <...

No overload for method 'ReportParameter' takes '2' arguments
I am trying to render a report that runs on our remote SQL Reporting Server to the ReportViewer control in my C# asp.net page.  The reports will need to have various parameters past to it.  However, every example I see on how to do this looks something like this (this is from MSDN):ReportParameter p = new ReportParameter("ShowDescriptions", "test");this.ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(new ReportParameter[] { p }); However, this will not build for me, I get the error:No overload for method 'ReportParameter' takes '2' argumentsIn fact, when I mouse over ReportParameter,...

No overload for method 'Add' takes '3' arguments
For some reason, I don't know if maybe I'm just not using the right method for the adding of parameters, but I get this error during the build:No overload for method 'Add' takes '3' arguments            Should I be using Add here?  I did see using dbCommandWrapper.AddInParameter here but I do'nt think that's a valid method in Enterprise Library 2.0: http://aspalliance.com/688Part of my code:....some code beforeDatabase db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase();             DbCommand dbCommandWrapper = db.GetStoredProcCommand("...

No overload for method 'uf_save_dw_as_excel' takes '2' arguments
I'm trying to save my DW using the Dw2xls Powerbuilder Library for converting DW to Excel, when is Generating PowerBuilder .NET assemblies failed. Isn't complain for this version 11.5? Anyone knows how to correct this problem? Thanks to all. are you trying the demo version? It comes with PBD file which cannot be included in a demo WEBFORM applicatiom, just ion a native one. However, the presentation XLS you'll get under PB native would be the same in a webform application. When you buy the product, you'll receive the PBL source of DW2XLS which the could be ...

CS1501: No overload for method 'buildQuery' takes '4' arguments
Hi i get the error "No overload for method 'buildQuery' takes '4' arguments" when i click on the save button which is meant to execute the button, my code is as follows;clsOBJ objDHOC = new clsOBJ();Pmillio.clsOBJ.buildQuery("INSERT", "tblProperty", strData, strWhere); { string[,] strData = new string[11, 2];string[,] strWhere = new string[11, 3]; strData[0, 0] = "StatutoryDate";strData[0, 1] = Convert.ToDateTime(this.txtDate.Text.ToString().Trim()); strData[1, 0] = "DateApplied";strData[1, 1] = Convert.ToDateTime(...

CS1501: No overload for method 'Insert' takes '5' arguments
 Hi,Can some one please help me im getting this error and i cant figuer out way its happening this is the full error i get... Compiler Error Message: CS1501: No overload for method 'Insert' takes '5' arguments Source Error: Line 27: DataSetTableAdapters.MemberInfoTableAdapter da = new DataSetTableAdapters.MemberInfoTableAdapter();Line 28: MembershipUser user = Membership.GetUser(CreateUserWizard1.UserName);Line 29: ...

Web resources about - No overload for method 'FormatImagePath' takes '1' arguments - asp.net.getting-started