new line is changed in space character

Hallo,

when I submit the data of a multiline textarea the new line is changed into a space character.

If the user write:

The text will be displayed as:

A B C

I am using a datalist with parameter stored procedure, Access 2003 DB.

Do you have a solution? Thanks

0
davico77

before you send in the data you can do something like :
txtstmtbdy1.text.replace(environment.newline,"<br>")  to preserve the newline's.

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

how can i get rid of these new line characters?
--0-1742231517-1033743619=:31985 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii i have just started writing some scripts in PERL and i am trying to catch a deadline, i really wish i could get some help for this problem. any suggestion is greatly appreciated. i have a set of files with sequences aligned in the following format. i wonder how i can eliminate the new line characters within each sequence without touching those between sequences? ...... 2 chr1 10761 10775 chr19 46520370 46520384 + 941 acaGGAAAAGAACAA acaggaaaagaaggg 3 chr1 10776 11241 chrUn 45411478 45411944 - 12857...

Problem with DropDownList: Each character gets a new line
Hello,   i hope you can help me. I was looking for a solution in the internet but didn´t find a helpfull topic. The problem relates on DropDownLists and DataGrids. I´m requesting a dataset from an Access-Database and write the names of the colums to the console:for (int i = 0 ; i <= myReaderCol.FieldCount -1; i++){Response.Write(myReaderCol.GetName(i)+"<br/>");}   The problem appears when I´m filling a DDL or DG with these data: for (int i = 0 ; i <= myReaderCol.FieldCount -1; i++){DDL2.DataSource = myReaderCol.GetName(i);DDL2.DataBind();} ...

how to get rid of "Carriage return" and "new line" ASCII character
I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one line, replace "carriage return" and "new line" (~r~n) charater with space, how to do! Thanks! A loop that uses Pos (as_Source, "~r~n") and Replace (as_Source, li_CRLFPos, 2, " ") should do the trick. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:00:42 +0800, lam <liuaim@163.net> wrote: >I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one >line, >replace "carriage return" and ...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

How to force a new line to keep one line only have 10 characters?
For example, user may input text as below: AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC But to make it as: AAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBBBBB CCCCCCCCCC string wholeLine = "AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC";List<string> lines = new List<string>();while ( wholeline.Length > 0){    if (wholeline.length >= 10)    {        lines.Add( wholeline.Substring(0, 10);        wholeline = wholeline.Substring (10);    }    else    {       &nb...

How to change so on Reassign, doesn't get status changed to NEW?
Hi, we use Bugzilla version 3.0.5. When a Bugzilla log is re-assigned to another person, be default it changes the status to NEW. We would like it so it leaves the status as it is. I have had a look around in the admin settings for this and can't find it. =20 Is there a way (apart from doing a code change) to change it so the status remains the same on a re-assign? =20 =20 Regards, Andras =20 NOTICE: The information in this electronic mail transmission is intended = by CoralTree Systems Ltd for the use of the named individuals or entity = to which it is...

New line character
I am writing code (VS2008/C#) that reads text file and passes the file data to SQL Server Procedure. I am reading data of file in StreamReader and passing as Input Parameter to procedure. I need to pass the New Line character also to the procedure. 1. The New Line character can be chr(13) & chr(10) or only chr(10). How to check this in C#?2. How to pass New Line character to SQL Procedure? Thanks    Try using Environment.NewLine Hanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il Environment.NewLine returns the new line defined in the environment. I nee...

new line character
Is there a way to insert a "new line/carriage control" in a varchar column? <Ctrl><Enter> keys work with a text column but just tabs to next control on a varchar column. Tried ~r~n but that just stores/prints the text ~r~n. Seems that <ctrl><enter> used to work in the app. PB 7.02 9028 You can use char(10) + char(13) to get the cr/lf -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp <Mike> wrote in message...

new line and spacing
here i have a textbox which insert new data to MSaccess data base the point that when i enter any text in the textbox and insert it to DB and view the insert data in side a data grid the text that i nsert do not have any space and warp because of size of the tabel even when i use enter button in the end of each line to have a new line the data grid do not show it like that it puts alla the word with no spacing and no new line. so i think thjat the point is from the db . can you please advice me in this situation ....... thanks in advace... all that i want is to let the data base except multi...

TB places cursor at line start/end after changing lines with arrow keys.
Hi! I seem to have a problem that noone else has ever heard of. While writing emails in TB, if i place the cursor in the middle of any line and then press either the up or down key, the cursor is not moved vertically directly to the next line, but to the beginning of it or to the end of it. If I then press the opposing key, the cursor is not moved back to the original position, but to the beginning or the end of the original line. This is immensely frustrating! And very hard to google for! I feel like I've tried everything and looked everywhere, so someone Please, prett...

New Line Character
i using mysql connect to database and found data like "abcde fgh" how to convert this string from two line into one line? and result become "abcdefgh"  hello friend, suppose your string is called myString= "abcde fgh" and then use myString.Replace(System.Enviornment.NewLine,"") hope it helps, Jessica  Jessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other comm...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Web resources about - new line is changed in space character - asp.net.getting-started

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Please make a Muslim hero character, J. J. Abrams, – we need it
Bringing a Muslim to Star Trek or Star Wars would continue your proud tradition of going boldly where no one has gone before.

In sport, as in life, character is the test
This year has seen the good and the bad, the epic and the ineffectual, the grubby and the golden.

The banker who inspired Christian Bale's character in 'The Big Short' sent his Birkenstocks to Bale so ...
'The Big Short' actors discuss their interactions with the real people behind the characters they portray on screen. Follow BI Video: On Facebook ...

Home Alone's Daniel Stern Has Hilarious In Character Response To Macaulay Culkin
... this month, Macaulay Culkin set the Internet on fire by releasing a video where he played a grown-up, deranged version of his Home Alone character ...

All the character themes in SFV
... sure how the audio in this installment was shaping up. Turns out it's in good hands. You can listen to the extended themes for every character ...

With Diverse Characters, 'The Force Awakens' Has Great Success While Practicing Inclusive Casting
There was an immediate racist backlash when trailers for 'The Force Awakens' were first released showing John Boyega as a prominent character. ...

Twenty Years of Quentin Tarantino Characters Saying "Nigger" in Twenty Minutes
... of Tarantino’s varied and contradictory defenses of his use of the word. He also produced this video, a supercut of every instance of a character ...

We Now Know the Backstory of Greg Grunberg's Star Wars Character
In grand Star Wars tradition, Greg Grunberg’s X-Wing pilot has a rich background that can only be found in the tie-in materials. Minor spoilers ...

Daisy Ridley Says Girls Can Look Up To ‘Star Wars’ Character Who Doesn’t Show Off Body
... has gone from small acting gigs to starring in perhaps the biggest movie of the decade, and with all that exposure, she’s happy that her character ...