New line character in XML

HI Friends,

I am in a deep trouble. If u help me in this issue, it will be greatful. Requirement is as below. I am having a grid which will be bind to a datatable. i will have to show tooltips on the column headers of this gridview. I have an XML file which contains the content for these tooltips.

i have written a method which takes a string as a parameter, which is the column name of the gridview. Based on this string that we have passed, the method will pick the content for the tooltip from the XML file and display.

But i have a problem here. Here the content of the tooltip can be in more than one line. but while showing the tooltip it is showing all the content in a single line and the half of the content is going out of the screen. so, i thought that placing the line breaks in the XML is the better thing and i tried placing &lt; BR / &gt;(<br/>). But it is not working.

Can any body help me in this issue of how to place line breakups in the XML.

Thanks N Regards,

Vallamreddy VenuGopal

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post fixed your problem.
0
vallamreddy123

Have you Use /n

I think this will work

Muhammad Shoaib
Software Engineer,
Lahore, Pakistan
www.heartofpakistan.com (U/C)
--------------------------------
Mark it as ANSWER if it Helps U
0
mshoaib83
2/4/2009 1:17:11 PM

HI Mohammad,

 Thanks for ur reply. I tried using /n. But it doesn't work. it's just showing /n in the tooltip.

Thanks N Regards,

Vallamreddy Venu Gopal

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post fixed your problem.
0
vallamreddy123

I solved this problem myself. The problem was when we have given "\n" in xml file it is returning "\\n".

so, instead of using "\n" in xml file i have used some special charecter like "~". And on the C# code i have replaced that "~" with "\n". Then it has given the line breakups on the tooltip.

Thanks N Regards,

Vallamreddy VenuGopal

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post fixed your problem.
0
vallamreddy123

using new line character in an xml file
Hi, I am having a problem using the new line character and storing it in an xml file. I am trying to use a pre-defined web service which sends an email.  So I am passing the email body as a node in the xml file which I send to the web service. Unfortunately the webservice does not expect the body of the email to be stored in the CDATA section.  So when I try to have new line characters in my email body(I tried Environment.NewLine() as well as "\r\n"), it does not get recognised by the xml file web service and removes all the new line characters.Is there any...

Problem with DropDownList: Each character gets a new line
Hello,   i hope you can help me. I was looking for a solution in the internet but didn´t find a helpfull topic. The problem relates on DropDownLists and DataGrids. I´m requesting a dataset from an Access-Database and write the names of the colums to the console:for (int i = 0 ; i <= myReaderCol.FieldCount -1; i++){Response.Write(myReaderCol.GetName(i)+"<br/>");}   The problem appears when I´m filling a DDL or DG with these data: for (int i = 0 ; i <= myReaderCol.FieldCount -1; i++){DDL2.DataSource = myReaderCol.GetName(i);DDL2.DataBind();} ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

how can i get rid of these new line characters?
--0-1742231517-1033743619=:31985 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii i have just started writing some scripts in PERL and i am trying to catch a deadline, i really wish i could get some help for this problem. any suggestion is greatly appreciated. i have a set of files with sequences aligned in the following format. i wonder how i can eliminate the new line characters within each sequence without touching those between sequences? ...... 2 chr1 10761 10775 chr19 46520370 46520384 + 941 acaGGAAAAGAACAA acaggaaaagaaggg 3 chr1 10776 11241 chrUn 45411478 45411944 - 12857...

how to get rid of "Carriage return" and "new line" ASCII character
I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one line, replace "carriage return" and "new line" (~r~n) charater with space, how to do! Thanks! A loop that uses Pos (as_Source, "~r~n") and Replace (as_Source, li_CRLFPos, 2, " ") should do the trick. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:00:42 +0800, lam <liuaim@163.net> wrote: >I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one >line, >replace "carriage return" and ...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

How to force a new line to keep one line only have 10 characters?
For example, user may input text as below: AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC But to make it as: AAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBBBBB CCCCCCCCCC string wholeLine = "AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC";List<string> lines = new List<string>();while ( wholeline.Length > 0){    if (wholeline.length >= 10)    {        lines.Add( wholeline.Substring(0, 10);        wholeline = wholeline.Substring (10);    }    else    {       &nb...

New line character
I am writing code (VS2008/C#) that reads text file and passes the file data to SQL Server Procedure. I am reading data of file in StreamReader and passing as Input Parameter to procedure. I need to pass the New Line character also to the procedure. 1. The New Line character can be chr(13) & chr(10) or only chr(10). How to check this in C#?2. How to pass New Line character to SQL Procedure? Thanks    Try using Environment.NewLine Hanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il Environment.NewLine returns the new line defined in the environment. I nee...

new line character
Is there a way to insert a "new line/carriage control" in a varchar column? <Ctrl><Enter> keys work with a text column but just tabs to next control on a varchar column. Tried ~r~n but that just stores/prints the text ~r~n. Seems that <ctrl><enter> used to work in the app. PB 7.02 9028 You can use char(10) + char(13) to get the cr/lf -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp <Mike> wrote in message...

New Line Character
i using mysql connect to database and found data like "abcde fgh" how to convert this string from two line into one line? and result become "abcdefgh"  hello friend, suppose your string is called myString= "abcde fgh" and then use myString.Replace(System.Enviornment.NewLine,"") hope it helps, Jessica  Jessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other comm...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

VWD Express: How can I get (1) XML/XSLT and (2) XML Design for DOM Relational Data started?
Hi all,I know some basic materials of XML/XSLT, XML database, and VWD Express. But I do not know how to get (1) XML/XSLT and (2) XML Design for DOM Relational Data started in my first XML-related application created in the Website of the VWD Express program.  Please help and advise.Thanks,SHC      The code in the thread below was written in Asp.net 1.1 but it is still good now.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/thread/1026295.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Hi Caddre, Thanks for your response.I am using the Visual Basic language in my V...

Web resources about - New line character in XML - asp.net.getting-started

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Hugh Laurie's next character is another deeply troubled doctor on Hulu's Chance
He rose to mainstream fame as troubled physician Gregory House, now Hugh Laurie is preparing to play another doctor with difficult relationships. ...

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Seems Cool With 10,000 Character Tweets
The big news in the Twittersphere Tuesday was the possibility of Twitter moving way, way beyond its signature 140-character limit. The new rumored ...

Twitter’s rumored character limit increase takes a page out of Facebook’s playbook
... for the popular microblogging service. Dorsey's comments followed a Re/Code report suggesting that Twitter may consider upping its 140-character ...

Rocky: Trump ‘Larger Than Life,’ ‘Dickensian Character’
During a recent interview with Variety, Sylvester Stallone said he thinks Republican frontrunner Donald Trump is of a rare breed of people who ...

Major Marvel Character To Be Killed Off In Civil War II
To the surprise of basically no one, Marvel Comics plans to kill off what's described as a "major" Marvel superhero in the forthcoming event ...

Star Wars Monopoly Game Getting Female Character After All
Hasbro recently explained that the reason it didn’t include the main character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens in its new Star Wars-themed ...

A new Pokken Tournament character is being teased, and will be announced next week
Nintendo and Bandai Namco have teased that they will be announcing a new playable character on January 15. 新たなバトルポケモンが参戦決定!!1/15(金)に発表します! ...

Analysts wary of more characters at Twitter
The messaging platform could bust the limit on tweet sizes in a move to make users stay on the site

Beautiful Calvin And Hobbes Style Star Wars Characters
NOTE: One of the comics contains a Force Awakens spoiler in case you haven't seen the movie yet. You can see that one HERE . I was shocked. This ...