New 1.1 Installation on W2K & "Server Application Error"

Hello folks.

First time poster but have spent the past few days digging around here trying to solve my problem. I'm having no luck so I'm hoping someone here has some ideas.
Server:
Win 2k Pro
SQL Server 2000
..NET Framework 1.1
IE 6.0.2800.1106
IIS 5.0
This server is NOT a domain controller. It is my desktop dev server which is part of the domain. I'm not sure what else anyone would want to know...
So my probem is the:
"Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. "
I've seen it mentioned all over on this forum, and have tried the 'fixes' other people have tried, but I'm still having the problem.
I've read and followed directions (where applicable) on the following pages:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317012 ( Process and Identity Related )
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315158&ID=KB;EN-US;Q315158& ( Domain Controler Related )
http://www.asp.net/faq/ms03-32-issue.aspx ( IE Related )
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=222350 ( aspnet_regiis -i Related )
I'm really stumped with this. Any guidance would be apprieciated.
Jas
0
cu

Well... for those who are wondering... I figured out the problem that I was having with this.

I set the authentication to mixed mode (Windows and SQL Server) in SQL Server and also made sure the <processModel userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate" /> was set (instead of using userName="machine".
Hope this helps anyone else with this problem. Took me 3 days and a lot of favors to figure this out.
:)

0
cu

"Copy Project" results in: HTTP:/1.1 500 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all,   I have tried finding a fix to this error on Google, etc. to no avail. Does anyone know what it means and/or know how I can fix this. I have had no problem uploading other webApps to hosting co.'s (although I haven't tried "copy project" to GoDaddy until now). Is this a problem with the hosting Co., or my configs? I know there is an easy answer to this question, but I am perplexed.   -cmf...

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

New Install: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> error
Hi,I'm new to .net.  I'm trying to install DotNetNuke on my XP Pro with IIS 5.0 box.  I've made all the changes to web.config, created the db with permissions and I'm still getting the same error.Can't figure it out!Here's the error:  Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1".
Name: Jonathan Sprague Email: sprag80atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1". Comments: I have Windows 7. Personas 1.3.1.does not add-on to my system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

Update Panel throws "Server cannot modify cookies after HTTP headers have been sent." error in new Ajax .NET 1.0 release
In latest release of Ajax .NET (1.0), after any post back event (e.g. LinkButton On Click, DropDownList change with AutoPostBack enabled, etc.) an error throw and caught in the Application_Error() method of Global.asax. This did not occur in ANY of the previous CTP or RC releases of Atlas/Ajax .NET libraries. Does anyone what is going on and why the new release would throw this error ?   Error message below:Inner Exception    ---------------    Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3...

What does "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error" mean?
I get the error "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error" everytime I open Visual Studios .NET (2003 Academic) and try to start an ASP.NET web application in VB. I have just downloaded and installed IIS 5.1 to work with. Does anyone know what this error message means? Gib I google it for you and came up with a lot of good sites http://www.google.com/search?q=HTTP%2F1.1+500+Internal+Server+Error&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official It seems like uninstalling IIS and reinstalling it seemed to work, butyou ...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

All I get is "Conversion Issues", 1 Error, Not Converted 1... please help
Help please.. I am converting to a VS 2005 Web project, the libraries convert, but the website/project in the Conversion Report just says "Conversion Issues" and says there was 1 Error, Not Convert 1.. no explaination...-Chau Nguyen-http://DNAfor.NET...

3.1.1 Add New Module Definition "Critical Error ?"
When I try to manually add a module using the "Add New Module Definition" menu item from the "Host > Module Definitions" page, I get the following error and never get to the Add New Module page: A critical error has occurred.?Anyone else seeing this?Thanks,-Charlie_\+_==== This may not be a version 3.1.1 issue, but I wasn't getting it before, using almost the same folder location and name for my Visual Studio project using DNN 3.1.0.Here is some more info on this error... I tried stepping through the Page_Load function in "EditModuleDefinition.ascx.vb" and was able to...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

Web resources about - New 1.1 Installation on W2K & "Server Application Error" - asp.net.getting-started

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...