Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5

Hi all

I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,

 my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0

if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5

adilahmed
0
adilahmedmd

Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.

Also, I'd recommend you install .net 3.5 sp1 while you're at it. sp1 has been out for some time now, and many devs may like the new features.

0
HeartattacK

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

.Net Framework 2.0 3.0 and now 3.5...can I remove some?
 Hi ASP.net I've been installing the Express editions and following the recommendations to install the latest .Net Frameworks...however I now have 4 of them and there not exactly light. Do I need ot keep all of them or can some be removed bevause the later version make them redundant.I ask because I am trying to clean up my machine and get some space back...but if it's not advisable then I can live with the weight.Many thanksMike.  ThanksMike (the beginner)  I think you 'd better not uninstall them and If you have to you make access to microsoft msdn to get ...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

How can ensure that Visual 2003 is upgraded to or start picking Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0??
 I have visual studio 2003. But would like to upgrade to or it to start picking Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. Mean the classed that  with  Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0?How can I do it? Please help Hi, From your description, I think that you want to upgrade your ASP.NET 1.x web application to ASP.NET 2.0 version, right? If so, you can try to open this web application from Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 and then VS will prompt up wizard to implement migration. After completing upgrading, please build it and fix the build error if it has. For more information, ...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Web resources about - Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5 - asp.net.getting-started

U.S. Geothermal Energy State of the Union 2011-2012
... a total of five geothermal projects coming on line in the last five quarters for a total of 91 megawatts. These new projects bring U.S. installled ...

Thief's conviction shines light on ATM skimming
Electronic devices illegally installed on ATMs can allow scammers easy access to a victim's bank account. And catching the thieves isn't easy. ...

New Windows 8 TV ads greet the new year
Microsoft has uploaded even more TV ads to promote Windows 8, including a new clip that features Australian musician Lenka and another that focuses ...

Re: Mostly solved (was Re: Filed (Re: Preinstalled package manager(s) for PCs (wheezy)

3dmm Studio
Welcome to 3dmm Studio - For all your 3D Movie Making needs.