Needs help on getting starting...

Hello ,

I am new to developing with ASP. I have to develop an order tracking intranet application.The application will be to track request for proposal that will pass thru 5 stages before we come up with a bid. I will be using SQL Server database. and windows 2003 server. I there any example that I can use or any that you would recommend that I look at?
Thanks
Khurshid
0
Khurshid

Check out the ASP.NET Starter Kits.
0
selavie77

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Need Help getting Started
Aloha, I had no problem loading up the Portal VS and recevied this message when trying to view the page: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. Here are the error messages: ...

Need help getting started
Hi there,=20 I'm trying to get started contributing to Firefox OS. I have a few question= s I was hoping you can help me with. I'm thinking about fixing bugs on the clock app. It looks like a useful app= that is in need of some TLC, while being not too complex. Does it make sen= se? Would you rather recommend starting somewhere else? Should I be working on master or another branch (i.e.. v2.1)? Creating my profile with make worked. I can run it in the emulator (WebIDE)= but some unit and integration tests are failing on master. I would really = prefer to start with a...

Need help getting this started...
I am knew to asp.net and have no coding experience to speak of.  I am trying to work with the community starter kit and have no success in getting started.  Are there any SIMPLE instructions for novices that explain how to setup and use this kit?Any help would be greatly appreciated!RM Hello,I am also relatively new. But I just went through a lot of this, so maybe I can help a bit. First of all, it took me 3 different downloads to find a kit that installed all the way through without error. I suggest that you do NOT choose the JS versions (J-sharp). Although it installed oka...

Need help getting started
Hello. I'm trying to learn C#. I own two web sites but neither supports ASP.Net. I need an area to test my C# pages. Is there a program I can download to do so? Alex Hello Alex_dude,   Have a look at Visual Web Developper for ASP.NET 2.0 and Webmatrix for ASP.NET 1.1 Webmatrix comes withhis own webserver. For Visual Webdevelopper you need IIS (I think, never checked it out). I suggest you using Visual Webdeveloper as it is free and has the same look and feel as Visual Studio .NET   Good luck and have fun   Leketje   Leketje wrote:For Visual Webdeve...

Just need some help getting started and not sure where to go for help!
Hello All, My company is interested in hosting Exchange 2003, i have read this list and figured out I need to use some combo of MPS, MOM DCAM, MOM DB, EXCH Back-end, EXCH Front-End, and a couple of AD servers however I am not even sure where to start. We are a MS Parnter and have an SPLA license but we were sent the "Hosted Exchange" media and all it was is EXCH Standard Edition. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me how to setup the environment and all that is required? I am good at Exchange AD, MOM, SQL, all that in an Enterprise Environment but I have no clue...

Getting Started Help Needed
Hi, I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going for me. I'm not a DBA and need some help. When I try to connect I get an error message that either SYBASE is not running (which it is), or I have a port specified incorrectly. I'm using the default of 5002. Any ideas out there on what I'm doing wrong. Thanks Default is usually 5000, how many installs of Sybase do you have. <Doug_Collins> wrote in message news:C9D15F13B172434B004B972C85256CD3.004B977485256CD3@webforums... > Hi, > I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going fo...

Need Help Getting Started
I am trying to create my first WebPart using Visual Studio.Net 2008 and C#. This will be used in an ASP.Net web application and I don't have any plans for use in SharePoint at this time. I haven't found any code samples so I started by creating a new User Control (.ascx). The first thing I found was that there doesn't seem to be any project templates for WebParts, is that true? I attempted to go two routes, first to use WebPart as the base class and the second to use System.Web.UI.UserControl, IWebPart as the base class + Interface. I found problems using this both ways. What base class should I use? It would sure be nice if I could download a full featued WebPart sample written in C#. here's a code sample: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mosessaur/webpartspage01102006193824PM/webpartspage.aspx?ArticleID=ca9c121b-c594-4c50-a232-3c7d77ec9d4d   If you would just go to google or so and type in Webpart then you get ton's of examples...Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. NickKA:I am trying to create my first WebPart using Visual Studio.Net 2008 and C#. This will be used in an ASP.Net web application and I don't have any plans for use in SharePoint at this time. These may help you to get started withOVERVIEW http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc300767.aspxhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/09/WebParts/default.aspx GET STARTEDhttp://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-...

Help Needed Getting Started
I'm new to .NET Web Development and have downloaded and installed Visual Web Developer Studio 2008 Express. I followed the simple steps in "Create Your First Web Site" on the Start Page. However, I get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite2' Application. Unable to cast object of type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection' to type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review t...

Need help getting started
Ok, I'm quite new with AJAX and it seems cool...  I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and I believe I have ASP.NET AJAX - I say believe because I went to apply the "convert" instructions and the mods already seem to be in place... If I underatand correctly, AJAX allows us to put display type controls inside UpdatePanels and then have them update with new information based on receiving events from user input type controls - like buttons.  I have several UpdatePanels with AsyncPostBackTriggers referencing other controls like buttons. Is the implecation here that we no longe...

Need Help Getting Started....
http://worldpedigrees.com/Beagles.htm thats a site i'm looking to create my site after.... I'm wanting a database thats easy to use and everything... look it over and give me some ideas... jack Uh? Come again? I'm sorry but you'll have to provide a little more detail of what "ideas" you're looking for here."I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -unknown...

need help getting started!
I hope I"m allowed to post this here, as it is somewhat related to ASP.NET. I'm new to programming, and people said that I should learn C# before trying to attempt ASP.NET, and so I've started reading Learning C#by Jesse Liberty. And I'm following his instructions and he says to go to the command prompt and enter csc helloworld.cs. But when I do that, it says, 'csc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, etc. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! CSC will be in <drive>:\<Winnt or windows>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<ve...

Newbe Need help getting started
 Is there a write up somwhere that will give me a step-by-step guide for hosted exchange?I have a clean new Server with windows Server 2003 64bit Do I just start the Exchange install? or do I do something first?Sorry to be so lameThanks in advanced Mike  Microsoft has a step-by-step guide called Hosted Messaging and Collaboration http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/solutions/hostedmessaging.mspx  Dustin H., MCSA, MCTSEnterhost Support Teamwww.enterhost.com...

really getting started here and need help
Hi, I'm totally new to this forum. I don't know if I did the right thing so far but been learning the hard way and its time I asked for help from experienced users... Firstly, I'm trying to learn and implement ASP.NET to build my online portfolio (photos). Thinking of implementing a database to make updating much easier in the future. I bought perhaps a pretty horrible book - Sams teach yourself asp.net in 24 hours.. but I'm putting up with it for the time being. So I signed up with this hosting company called hostonce.com (I hope they're not extremely bad...) and I just realized...

Newbie needs help getting started
This is my first attempt to write a report.  I have a really simple test report, that I'm trying to view using the MicrosoftReportViewer.  I don't have any problem testing in local mode, but when I upload the files to the website, I get the following error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.I have the 3.0 framework installed on the server - I installed Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express E...

Need help to get started with classes
I am planning to build a website by using a ClassLibrary, containing a lot of classes. I will call those classes and use them in several ways on my site. I wonder if you know some good video tutorials, etc on how to use classes in Visual Studio when building a website? Could not find any on asp.net.Thanks! "Why do I live?" This might be the answer. The good thing is that building classes aren't too hard; that's why videos are harder to find. Create a project On the right hand side, note the Solutions Explorer. Right click on the project.  c:\projectb...

Need help getting started with LINQ
I'm using a project that had already been converted to framework 3.5.  I'm developing with VS 2008 Professional.  I have a very simple page to write.  It has a text box that updates one field in a small table.  Hardly more complicated than "Hello World" and I thought a good place to start using LINQ.I've been going through the ASP.NET videos on LINQ, and created autoresponders.dbml for the autoresponders table.  The table contains three fields: ResponseID (identity & primary key), Responder (name of responder) and Text (responder text) ...

Need help getting started....sorry
Ok, so I'm not a total newbie to .NET and am definately not a newbie to dynamic web development, I just can't seem to get started with this though. I just want to get in and make changes in the source to see how that affects things (it's the way I learn best). The problem is I don't see how "default.aspx" is displaying what I see when I go to http://localhost/CSK/default.aspx (I named my virtual directory CSK). Can anyone help? You'll note an HttpModule declared in the Web.config file. This HttpModule (located in Engine/Framework/BaseClasses) handles all requests, po...

need some help getting into start mode
MIL can't boot up. She gets to log on screen logs on then nothing. How can she get in start mode. Mystic Dragon Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8. Mystic Dragon On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:10:32 -0500, mystic_dragon wrote: > Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8. > > Mystic Dragon <chuckle> and let that remind us, lest we forget :) -- Mike H >> Never mind she was pressing the keys f & 8. > <chuckle> and let that remind us, lest we forget :) Newbies! Gotta love 'em! They make the same mistakes we made....

Need some help to get started. Thank you.
 Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question, if not move me, and sorry. I am new to Project Server programming. currently, i want to first learn how to write PSI calls, such as automatically updating a field to a reporting database when there is a change from the master database. I do not know which Web Services i will need to write such kind of PSI calls. If you can point me to the right direction or write me some code to help me get started will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot Michael    Hi vip2k, Please look at th...

need a bit of help getting started
Hi, Right well I'm a complete novice at this whole asp.net thing so I'll cut straight to the chase, I wanna load info from a database .mdb. How do I connect to the database and can you point me to some good tutorials which would explain how to then extract info from the db. Please see below article. It's a very good article for beginners! http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/aspnet_dbconnection.aspSreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Need a little help getting started....again
Hey guys, i recently took a course in asp.net, however the server that we used in class is unavailable now, and im on brinkster. I was trying to setup some of the examples we used in class, namely #3 listed here http://www.cs.arizona.edu/classes/cs387/summer03/code.shtml it is a simple database backed message board the file structure is thus: Root -login.aspx -login.aspx.cs -page1.aspx -page1.aspx.cs -database.mdb -<bin> ----DBMessage.cs ----DBUser.cs So now i remember something about having to compile the .cs files located int he bin to DLLs. however...

Need some ideas to help me get started
Here's my situation.My customers need to take a laptop on the field where there is no network or wireless and fill out a form or PDF that will be synced with the DB upon returning to their office. I'v developed other apps in .NET and was wondering what components would help me accomplish this. I've tried searching the net but don't really know what keywords to use or where to start. Thanks for any replys,Michael An obvious possibility is for your console app to create an XML file of the form data and then send that to the database when synching.JeffPlease: Don't forget...

Web resources about - Needs help on getting starting... - asp.net.getting-started

Starting Over (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six women at a time work to overcome obstacles and meet personal goals. When it is determined that a woman has met all her goals, she "graduates" ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Aims To Curb App Spam: Starting Oct. 2, Developers Can No Longer Use API To Post Directly To ...
Starting Oct. 2, applications on Facebook will no longer be able to use its application-programming interfaces to post stories directly to the ...

Starting work on Luleå building 2
It’s been less than a year since we first started serving traffic from our Luleå data center; one of the greenest, most cutting-edge facilities ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook starting rollout of image-focused sidebar ads
In April, Facebook announced that it is making the images in sidebar ads much bigger . The company recently notified Preferred Marketing Developers ...

Iowa Starting Line (@IAStartingLine) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Iowa Starting Line @ IAStartingLine ...

Starting Anew
... At some point in your career, maybe you too have made the life-altering decision to start anew. If so, you know firsthand how exciting, Starting ...

Sam Williams aiming to keep Blake Austin out of Canberra Raiders starting side
For a player who many think will struggle to remain in the NRL this season, Sam Williams is pretty happy.

Starting Solo: Time Rich, Cash Poor
If you're starting your practice and looking for clients, you're likely time rich and cash poor. Now is a good time to develop a web presence. ...