Need Windows Form to Retrieve Information From Web Form - Use Web Service?

I have a cash and carry web site that customers can order products, the next day come in to the company to pay and pickup.

I would like to create a windows application for the company to do two things:

1. download all the orders from the day before

2. upload price changes, product changes, category changes

I've search the internet and forums and the only thing I can find that I think would actually link these two together would be a web service. Can you please tell me if I am heading in the right direction or if there is another method to link the two applications, if there are any pitfalls I should look out for and maybe a good reference site.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Angie

ASP.net 2.0(VB)

0
angelajtu

yes indeed, web services is the most used choice in this case. It's used in those scenario's to have the business and data logic separated from the UI layer so you can use any kind of UI technology, like ASP.NET or winforms. In the past Microsoft used to present their sample application football247 for this. I don't know if the DVD's still available to ask for though but you could try to make contact with your local Microsoft community representative.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
3/10/2007 4:16:19 PM

Kris,

 Thank you! I just wanted to make sure I was heading in the right direction. I'll check with Microsoft for the DVD.

 Thanks Again,

Angie

0
angelajtu

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Forms or Windows Forms
Hi; I got started a new project for a company's Intranet. This is a test database system which we will use as a pool and put data and update,del,add simply modification operations on.I am learning .NET and implementing this system together I am using web-forms now.Everyone enters their pass and user-name to be able to use the system.But I can implement this system with Windows Forms also.At this case if you were me which form system you would use? Thank you for your replies There are definate advantages to using Web Forms since they do not have to be deployed to each client...

Web Application (Forms) > Web Service (Windows) > SQL
Specification : Developing Web Application with simple login page and user database. After login secure pages communicate with Web Service (Windows authorization). Web Service interacts with MS SQL server. Web Service and SQL require Windows authorization. How can I manage this ? I tried to redefine Credentials but still same error - no permissions :-( Dim credentials As NetworkCredential = New _ NetworkCredential("username","password","domain") Both (App,Serv) have disabled Anonymous access in IIS virtual directories. I would appreci...

Need HELP with adding a System.Windows.Forms control to web form!
Howdy folks. I'm in need of some help. I wanted to add a nifty little Control I made for a Windows Form to an ASP.NET page. Now I went and saw Microsoft's quickstart tutorial, and followed the example... You know, compile it to .dll... blah, blah, blah, then use the <OBJECT> tag to insert it into the page. Well, I did all that... the control downloads... but I can't see a thing! :'( For example, here's some code ~ using System; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Drawing; using System.Reflection; [assembly:AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] ...

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web resources about - Need Windows Form to Retrieve Information From Web Form - Use Web Service? - asp.net.getting-started

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

US gave San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik visa 'despite missing information'
A congressman claims the US approved an entry visa even though Malik never provided the extra evidence requested by an immigration official. ...

Trudeau says improving access to information will make government better
Ensuring Canadians have access to federal information will mean more and sometimes difficult public scrutiny, but ultimately it will lead to ...

Making Access To Information Better Will Make Improve Government, Trudeau Says 54
The Liberals will conduct a "proper review" of the decades-old Access to Information Act with the aim of figuring out "what is actually going ...

Martin Peers Promoted at The Information
The Information, the tech subscription site that was founded in 2013, has named Martin Peers managing editor. Peers most recently served as ...

Senate Intellicence Committee Chair Burr all but confirms that Cruz leaked classified information at ...
... that, among other things, updates the government’s program of collecting phone metadata. In doing so, Cruz probably leaked classified information. ...

It's not exactly the Watergate break-in — is it? — but Bernie Sanders's campaign broke into Hillary Clinton's ...
... Democratic National Committee have accused the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders of improperly accessing confidential voter information ...

U.S. Gave Malik Visa Despite Missing Information, Lawmaker Says
Bloomberg U.S. Gave Malik Visa Despite Missing Information, Lawmaker Says Bloomberg The U.S. approved an entry visa for Tashfeen Malik, one ...

Did Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
Senate Intelligence Committee chair Sen. Richard Burr asked his staff to check on something Cruz said during the fifth GOP debate Tuesday night ...