Need help getting started

Hello. I'm trying to learn C#. I own two web sites but neither supports
ASP.Net. I need an area to test my C# pages. Is there a program I can
download to do so?

Alex

0
alex_dude_122

Hello Alex_dude,

Have a look at Visual Web Developper for ASP.NET 2.0 and Webmatrix for ASP.NET 1.1

Webmatrix comes withhis own webserver. For Visual Webdevelopper you need IIS (I think, never checked it out).

I suggest you using Visual Webdeveloper as it is free and has the same look and feel as Visual Studio .NET

Good luck and have fun

Leketje

0
Leketje
12/12/2005 8:52:27 AM

Leketje wrote:
For Visual Webdevelopper you need IIS (I think, never checked it out).

No you don't. VWD also ships with its own webserver just like the other editions of VS.NET 2005.

Grz, Kris.

XIII