Need help from .NET folks

Dear All,

I have been working on the legacy applications from past 5 years and now there is a challenge for me to learn .NET

I am not that new to Microsoft technology as I have completed my computer engineering from one of the very good university - Mumbai/India.

But since I am totally out of touch on this new technology, rather a new born baby, I would like to know what is the best way to start learning .NET from beginning?

I will appreciate if someone can help me guiding through this challenge.

Thanks in Advance,

new 2 .NET

0
new2me

sfeng
7/25/2007 3:43:05 AM

Try application series books published by vk publishers.

0
vbsqlUser
7/25/2007 4:19:04 AM

I will suggest you to look into Step by Step from Microsoft Press.

Ravi |   Share Knowledge   |   Online messengers
0
ravipahuja1

Need help getting suse 11.0 on net
Ok so ive been trying to connect suse 11.0 to the net (dial up) ive tried quinternet, it doesnt work.....im new to linux... ive tried different settings, still doesnt work... im not sure what im doing wrong.....my other option is to network with my xp pc and use that connection but i havent been successfull yet....any help would be appreciated.....remember, new to linux. -- DA-SYPhA ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Try to use KInternet. Do a search if you encounter issues and you'll find few posts on how to set it up. If not s...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Just need some help getting started and not sure where to go for help!
Hello All, My company is interested in hosting Exchange 2003, i have read this list and figured out I need to use some combo of MPS, MOM DCAM, MOM DB, EXCH Back-end, EXCH Front-End, and a couple of AD servers however I am not even sure where to start. We are a MS Parnter and have an SPLA license but we were sent the "Hosted Exchange" media and all it was is EXCH Standard Edition. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me how to setup the environment and all that is required? I am good at Exchange AD, MOM, SQL, all that in an Enterprise Environment but I have no clue...

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

Need help getting this started...
I am knew to asp.net and have no coding experience to speak of.  I am trying to work with the community starter kit and have no success in getting started.  Are there any SIMPLE instructions for novices that explain how to setup and use this kit?Any help would be greatly appreciated!RM Hello,I am also relatively new. But I just went through a lot of this, so maybe I can help a bit. First of all, it took me 3 different downloads to find a kit that installed all the way through without error. I suggest that you do NOT choose the JS versions (J-sharp). Although it installed oka...

Getting Started Help Needed
Hi, I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going for me. I'm not a DBA and need some help. When I try to connect I get an error message that either SYBASE is not running (which it is), or I have a port specified incorrectly. I'm using the default of 5002. Any ideas out there on what I'm doing wrong. Thanks Default is usually 5000, how many installs of Sybase do you have. <Doug_Collins> wrote in message news:C9D15F13B172434B004B972C85256CD3.004B977485256CD3@webforums... > Hi, > I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going fo...

Needed help in ADO.net ....
Hi friends... I got  the below step in one website for viewing the details of table using ADO.Net data service..in xml... To view Atom (the default format returned by an ADO.NET Data Service) in Internet Explorer, you must first ensure that Feed Reading View is turned off. This can be done on the Content tab of Tools | Internet Options   But the problem is i cant find the feed reading view in content tab of internat option in tools. wat should i do can any one help me in resolving it pls.......Thanks,Sravan Kumar.  in content you have to click on the "settings&quo...

New to .net... Help needed...
Hi there, i am new to asp.net and am trying to convert an survey form in ASP to ASP.NET. i would reaaly appreciate if you can give me some ideas on how to read data from database and display the data, update a database with user answers. To Make things easier i would like to explain my survey form below: for example lets say we are rating different Cars with respect to differet attributes on scale of 1 to 5; 1: Ford Focus Engine: Person1: 1 2 3 4 5 Person2: 1 2 3 4 5 Person3: 1 2 3 4...

Web resources about - Need help from .NET folks - asp.net.getting-started

Folk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The English word Folk is derived from a Germanic noun, *fulka meaning "people" or "army" (i.e. a crowd as opposed to "a people" in a more abstract ...

Brisbane Weather: Severe thunderstorm dampens Woodford Folk Festival opening
Revellers flee for cover at Woodford Folk Festival as skies open.

Woodford Folk Festival: Courtney Barnett, Marlon Williams and All Our Exes strike a chord
Most music festivals rely on the strength of their headliners to draw the big crowds, but not Woodford.

Folk all excited about festival
MUSIC is emanating from every pub, park and paddock at Cygnet, as thousands of people descend on the tiny town for its 34th annual folk festival. ...

Woodford Folk Festival sees 'dramatic changes' in 30th year
After 30 years in action across two different towns, the Woodford Folk Festival has undergone its biggest ever change, its founder says.

Fire and magic spark final night of Woodford Folk Festival
A giant, a conjurer, and a herd of forest creatures combined to send a fiery message of regeneration and hope to thousands on the first day 2016.&nbsp; ...

"I say, folks, you know, I’m sorry I did this to you, but you’ve got to get used to it. It’s one of those ...
"I’m going to win. ... You know, I’m not one of these other guys that goes down. I don’t go down. I go up." Donald Trump says get used to it ...

They don't really care about taxes, folks
They don't really care about taxes, folks by digby Reihan Salam made a belated but useful observation this morning on a very lively Face the ...

Big Coal Has Something For Folks In Mining Areas, Courtesy Of The GOP: Toxic Drinking Water
Tuesday, in all the hubbub over the State of the Union, the House sat down to pass another piece of toxic legislation literally toxic legislation ...

Mongolian folk-metal band Tengger Cavalry played Saint Vitus, playing Carnegie Hall
by Rob Sperry-Fromm Mongolian folk-metal band Tengger Cavalry have journeyed to the US for a few shows (well, it wasn't really a journey the ...