Need a little help getting started....again

Hey guys, i recently took a course in asp.net, however the server that we used in class is unavailable now, and im on brinkster.  I was trying to setup some of the examples we used in class, namely #3 listed here http://www.cs.arizona.edu/classes/cs387/summer03/code.shtml

it is a simple database backed message board the file structure is thus:
Root
-login.aspx
-login.aspx.cs
-page1.aspx
-page1.aspx.cs
-database.mdb
-<bin>
----DBMessage.cs
----DBUser.cs
So now i remember something about having to compile the .cs files located int he bin to DLLs. however in class we have a means of compiling to DLL through our class page, which again is unavailable. Is it necessary to create the DLLs, if so can i do it within VS?
really appreciate any help
0
cecoleman

In VS, from the toolbar, pick "Build Solution" from the Build menu.

BTW...If you're using Brinkster's free option, it won't work. They don't support code-behind. If you have one of the Premium Solutions, though, this should fix you up.
0
Xanderno
1/27/2004 6:47:30 AM
Ive got the build solution button in my toolbar, but its always disabled, ive ried recreating a new project, and nothign seems to get it to enable
0
cecoleman
1/27/2004 9:51:26 AM
What about Ctrl + Shift + B?
0
Xanderno

Need a little help getting started...
greetings, I've setup DotNetNuke3.2.0 twice now on a local machine environement.  Now that I have what I want I got a hosting service that supports asp.net/mssql (1and1.com) and I moved my whole app over there. www.godsofwow.net/DotNetNuke/ right off the bat I just get an Server Error in '/' Application. I 'believe' that I have the web.config file setup right as far as database, etc. Any thoughts on what I'm missing... gotta be stupid because I've been happy at how easy this app has been. Thanks, Chris   Nevermind... I didn't RTFM far enough :( (forum should have a delet...

Newbie needing a little help getting started
I need to make a redirect page that will pass over an id and password to a diffrent site (universal login)Well my company already has 2 of them (which i did not make either of them) and now I am being thrust into making them (and i barely know asp.net)My boss told me where to get the files but when i try to open them it gives me an error saying "Unable to get project from web server"I am trying to open the old .net files so i can see how they were made so i can pretty much use the same code just tell it to go to a diffrent page Can anyone help me open the files or maybe point me in the right...

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Need help getting started
Ok, I'm quite new with AJAX and it seems cool...  I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and I believe I have ASP.NET AJAX - I say believe because I went to apply the "convert" instructions and the mods already seem to be in place... If I underatand correctly, AJAX allows us to put display type controls inside UpdatePanels and then have them update with new information based on receiving events from user input type controls - like buttons.  I have several UpdatePanels with AsyncPostBackTriggers referencing other controls like buttons. Is the implecation here that we no longe...

Need Help Getting Started
I am trying to create my first WebPart using Visual Studio.Net 2008 and C#. This will be used in an ASP.Net web application and I don't have any plans for use in SharePoint at this time. I haven't found any code samples so I started by creating a new User Control (.ascx). The first thing I found was that there doesn't seem to be any project templates for WebParts, is that true? I attempted to go two routes, first to use WebPart as the base class and the second to use System.Web.UI.UserControl, IWebPart as the base class + Interface. I found problems using this both ways. W...

Need Help getting Started
Aloha, I had no problem loading up the Portal VS and recevied this message when trying to view the page: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. Here are the error messages: ...

need help getting started!
I hope I"m allowed to post this here, as it is somewhat related to ASP.NET. I'm new to programming, and people said that I should learn C# before trying to attempt ASP.NET, and so I've started reading Learning C#by Jesse Liberty. And I'm following his instructions and he says to go to the command prompt and enter csc helloworld.cs. But when I do that, it says, 'csc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, etc. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! CSC will be in <drive>:\<Winnt or windows>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<ve...

Need help getting this started...
I am knew to asp.net and have no coding experience to speak of.  I am trying to work with the community starter kit and have no success in getting started.  Are there any SIMPLE instructions for novices that explain how to setup and use this kit?Any help would be greatly appreciated!RM Hello,I am also relatively new. But I just went through a lot of this, so maybe I can help a bit. First of all, it took me 3 different downloads to find a kit that installed all the way through without error. I suggest that you do NOT choose the JS versions (J-sharp). Although it installed oka...

Help Needed Getting Started
I'm new to .NET Web Development and have downloaded and installed Visual Web Developer Studio 2008 Express. I followed the simple steps in "Create Your First Web Site" on the Start Page. However, I get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite2' Application. Unable to cast object of type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection' to type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review t...

Needs help on getting starting...
Hello , I am new to developing with ASP. I have to develop an order tracking intranet application.The application will be to track request for proposal that will pass thru 5 stages before we come up with a bid. I will be using SQL Server database. and windows 2003 server. I there any example that I can use or any that you would recommend that I look at? Thanks Khurshid Check out the ASP.NET Starter Kits....

Need help getting started
Hello. I'm trying to learn C#. I own two web sites but neither supports ASP.Net. I need an area to test my C# pages. Is there a program I can download to do so? Alex Hello Alex_dude,   Have a look at Visual Web Developper for ASP.NET 2.0 and Webmatrix for ASP.NET 1.1 Webmatrix comes withhis own webserver. For Visual Webdevelopper you need IIS (I think, never checked it out). I suggest you using Visual Webdeveloper as it is free and has the same look and feel as Visual Studio .NET   Good luck and have fun   Leketje   Leketje wrote:For Visual Webdeve...

Just need some help getting started and not sure where to go for help!
Hello All, My company is interested in hosting Exchange 2003, i have read this list and figured out I need to use some combo of MPS, MOM DCAM, MOM DB, EXCH Back-end, EXCH Front-End, and a couple of AD servers however I am not even sure where to start. We are a MS Parnter and have an SPLA license but we were sent the "Hosted Exchange" media and all it was is EXCH Standard Edition. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me how to setup the environment and all that is required? I am good at Exchange AD, MOM, SQL, all that in an Enterprise Environment but I have no clue...

Need Help Getting Started....
http://worldpedigrees.com/Beagles.htm thats a site i'm looking to create my site after.... I'm wanting a database thats easy to use and everything... look it over and give me some ideas... jack Uh? Come again? I'm sorry but you'll have to provide a little more detail of what "ideas" you're looking for here."I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -unknown...

Web resources about - Need a little help getting started....again - asp.net.getting-started

Tashfeen Malik Was Wife Brought Back From Saudi Arabia By Syed Farook, Other San Bernardino Shooter ...
Tashfeen Malik, 27, has been identified as the second suspect killed in a shootout alongside Syed Farook, 28, following their alleged involvement ...

South Africa's appeal court starts reading judgement in Pistorius case
BLOEMFONTEIN (Reuters) - South Africa's Supreme Court has started reading its ruling in a case that could send disgraced Olympic and Paralympic ...

Disney updates Star Wars: Commander with ‘The Force Awakens’ content
With just a couple of weeks to go before the highly anticipated theatrical release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney has gone full Force ...

How Zuckerberg's LLC Could Be More Effective Than Charity
Mark Zuckerberg took a page out of his "hero" Bill Gates' book on Tuesday when he unveiled his new philanthropic group, but the Facebook CEO ...

Conservatives In Congress Vote To Deny Climate Change
Earlier we mentioned that the House voted to authorize unconstitutional domestic spying on American citizens yesterday. The day didn't get any ...

'American Horror Story: Hotel' finally unmasks the Ten Commandments Killer
Warning: Spoilers ahead The Ten Commandments Killer has been revealed, at long last ... and it's exactly who we thought it was all along. There's ...

Yahoo To Sell Core Business? Board Explores Sale Of Internet Assets
Yahoo Inc. will consider selling the company’s core internet business, with the possibilities being discussed in a series of board meetings being ...

Microsoft Has A Holiday Serenade For Its Apple Store Rivals
If Microsoft can't have peace on Earth, maybe at least peace with Apple will do. Microsoft's newest holiday ad , set to air on TV on Thursday, ...

Google refute’s EFF’s “spying on students” allegations
This is quickly going to be a he/she said, he/she said case. Google has naturally responded to privacy watchdog EFF's accusations that the search ...

Amid protests, some Syrian refugees find a home in Texas
DALLAS (AP) — On a sofa in their small apartment, Bashar al Jaddou's three children climb on his lap and speak in quick, soft Arabic as a photographer ...